1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will we win the league?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2020.

Discuss Will we win the league? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Probably not. I honestly don't remember us dropping so many points so quickly. Hard to see a way back now.

2. wulliebad

So the big plan is hope another team starts playing *,That alone underlines we need new management.
    If they are not that good should they not be doing badly in europe.
    Currently we are behind the league leaders in everything but spending.

3. GavCFC1

Nope. Have no confidence in us going on a winning run and will continue to drop points against any team with a half decent game plan

4. Foley1888

Only way we have a chance is change the man in charge now and get him to take the backroom team with him. Badly need fresh ideas yesterday and someone who won’t pick players based on their past.

5. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    If we win every single game from now. If not naw!

6. R u n e

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Yes we can, who remembers when we were about 10 points behind Rangers in 2008 and we turned it around and won it against Dundee United on the last day?

It can be done

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    That goes without saying man we obviously need to improve ourselves but no Celtic fan wants to admit that Rangers are just in sensational form right now so much so that every draw at a tough away venue is seen as a shambles.

Without looking probably only the snake's invincibles would be ahead of them with this many games played.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Maybe, but we've already dropped too many points and they haven't. It's very much in their favour.

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Hate posting on this thread, but to the absolute surprise on nobody, my answer is still no.

We’ll continue to drop the odd point here and there while stuttering to enough wins for Lennon to cling to his job. We’ll then lose comfortably to the huns in the new year and he’ll go. New guy will come in but they’ll be out of sight.

Our big chance was a new manager in during the international break, but we blew it.

11. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It's over now imo, left it far too late to make the change in management, Hun win tomorrow and it'd have to be the biggest bottle job ever for them to * it away.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    We won’t though.

The board are extremely patient/passive when it comes to managerial change. Lennon won’t be gone until the league is out of sight.

Best thing he could do for the club and his own reputation here is walk.

13. WhitleyCelt

Ain’t happening IMO. I hate talking negatively about Celtic but by * we have been shocking all season. What a year for it to * up, I could have accepted it between 1-9 but not when history is within touching distance.

A few people at Celtic need a rocket up their *, starting from the very top. We have used all our get out of jail cards and need to win 3 Games v them on the trot,out of the last Five games v them, four have been abysmal even with the cup win. I don’t hold out much hope for a result at Ibrox. I really hope I’m wrong though. Get the Scottish Cup and let this team be remembered for the quadruple treble which is a world record as far as I’m aware.

14. leeso-ardoyne

Anyone who thinks (WE) Glasgow Celtic won't pull this back somehow needs to look back on previous seasons when one team hasn't been doing well before Christmas yet managed to claw back those points. Yes it's looking highly unlikely after today but there still many months and many twists and turns to be had before this season is out that's for sure.
    Do I think Lenny should go, certainly! However you just never know. They way we are playing at the moment is depressing, that's a given, but I can't see this going on all season! Yes the huns are playing well but they will drop points that's another cert! We still have to play them 3 times this season and we have a game in hand and they still have to play Aberdeen tomorrow. We need to KTF.

I'm in no way making excuses for Lenny, I do think he should go and let someone else take over but I honestly don't see this going on all season if the board sticks with him. We've had a * of a few months, we can put that behind us and push on. Will that happen only time will tell.

Even if we do lose another game or two before xmass I still won't accept defeat untill it's matamaticall impossible! If it comes to it, in Jan the board will bring back frazer and more fresh faces and if we get a new manager we could go on a great run and come May, we'll be champions. It's wishful thinking after today but wishes do come true and we've also seen it happen in many leagues around europe and our own league when after xmass, teams fold and others go on great runs. Even towards the end of seasons when the pressure is on and sometimes it's best to be the chasing team than the one looking over your shoulder.

COM MAY GLASGOW CELTIC WILL BE CHAMPIONS and times like this will make us appreciate what we've just won. As the aul saying goes, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour!

15. wulliebad

If abersheep win tomorrow we will be 1 point ahead of them,a team that our fans repeatedly call terrible. That is where we are with this team.Im not even going to blame lenny anymore,yes he is making mistakes but those * 11 can play so much better and win many more games than they currently are and they have to take a huge slice of the blame.

16. leeso-ardoyne

Was it not 13 points then or in 2010 in October when we clawed them back and where on top when ledly scored the only goal in the NY game with the huns at parkhead. The only goal I've missed while at a game.

17. JamesM09

The problem with looking at previous seasons is people don’t look closely enough.

It’s NOT just about results or the points gap.

In previous seasons where we “claw back” we’re playing really well in most games with a couple of inconsistent performances tossing away points, or a bad week where we drop 5 points.

In a previous season where we LOSE the league it’s much more like this season, i.e. every performance is poor, outclassed against rivals and complete disorganisation on the pitch. Even wins are laboured, usually with late winners or individual brilliance dragging us through.

You can be 5 points behind in both scenarios. We are firmly in scenario 2 and usually that results in losing the league. People have forgotten what losing a league looks like.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    There is nothing in our performances to suggest that we will turn this around, we canny even beat the huns at CP ffs, it's a mess.

The_Bhoy, WhitleyCelt, Twisty and 3 others like this.
  19. JamesM09

We couldn’t even hit the target at Celtic Park and we were losing after 9 minutes.

I don’t know how he got away with that one or how people forget about it. I swear people just look at results rather than performances.

Keano88, The Prof and Callum McGregor like this.
  20. GreenLeanMean

What is the answer? We no longer rise to any challenge put to us.

KRS-1888 likes this.