1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

So basically MON, Howe or whoever actually would be. He is an absolute moon howler he had an article a few years back about how the huns were stealing water from a local church :giggle1:

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I know Lennon definitely wanted Parker in with him second time around and Lawwell said no.

JamesM09 likes this.
  3. oh bhoy

I wouldn't put anything past thoes orange *

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Phil..................aka Clinton Baptiste. :56:

5. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Said our board have totally under estimated the Huns .

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Martin O'Neill is absolutely miles past it and would be the exact same as Lennon, its already well known off numerous interviews from players that we did absolutely no shape, tactical coaching or analysis (admittedly post match analysis wasn't as big back then as it is now) under O'Neil and he announced his teams off a scrunched up piece of paper, the same thing is basically happening under Lennon we are doing nothing tactical and its showing, while O'Neil; gave us some great years as manager he did have an outrageous team to do it with, since his early years with Ireland he's done * all and should stay retired.

We need a coach who not only incorporates and uses things such as analysis & proper sports science but can actually coach a team in possession and out of possession and doesn't just send a side out hoping we will win because we have superior players to the clubs we are facing because thats whats happening now and it aint working.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah that's true, and even if you were to take the huns out of the equation, Lenny should never have been appointed manager.

For the last decade we've basked in the glory of phenominal domestic success, it's easy to get sloppy and take yer eye off the ball, best thing we can do now is remove Lenny and start a re-build.

Sgt Neppers* and Sonic Reducer like this.
  8. JamesM09

Spot on with regards to O’Neill. The guy was the right man at the right time in the early 00s but the game has moved on from him now.

The likes of when Rodgers left is when someone like O’Neill could come in to close out a season. Not now when we’re behind and chasing with serious problems.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The * have been doing the bare minimum to stay ahead of them for years, yet the one year they spend dosh they have a manager who can’t get the job done. That said some of the poor wee souls we have playing for us haven’t helped the cause either.

jocksteinupper and Sonic Reducer like this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Wasn't it Parker who said no?

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He almost signed but they wouldn’t let Parker keep the pen.

I’ll get my coat.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Reports said Parker was happy to link up but Lawwell insisted Kennedy was kept as number 2 mate, it’s from the sun and record so can’t post links.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

You can * off oot the door wae Lennon :56::56::56:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  14. Mr. Slippyfist

Nah mate, I recall from the time that Parker said he wanted to go back home to his family in England or something along those lines.

Lennon would have known already that his assistants would be Kennedy and Duff.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  16. davidhannah

Clyde SSB, and the fans spelling it out. It's over for Lennon. Parkhead is going to be empty next season, mass exodus of players, that could have been legends forever. Think the players are sick of listening to Lennon. Unless they change course immediately.

They can still win the 10 but we need a change.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That might be part of the problems we're having. I'm mad though, at him. For not asking to get the staff he wanted. Late to do that now.

jocksteinupper likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

Not saying Lennon's time isn't up but playing Devils Advocate here for a bit....was this forum not full of praise for a resurgent Hibs team this season under Scotland's most promising manager Jack Ross. They even took points off the all conquering 'better than us' huns. So a point away to Hibs on paper isn't the worst of results. I get the context, I.e some very sloppy goals conceded and off the back of a run of mixed results but then you also need to take in to account a load of our players were hammered for playing time on a busy international break in the lead up to the game and as much as peole are saying the players aren't fighting for the manger and that game shows it, well the flip is our come back at the end could show the opposite is true.

Our performance away to Lille, come back away to the Dons, away win against Motherwell and Semi final win, all recently say similar.

Maybe the players without the fans backing have dropped off. We've seen some crazy results across the globe during this pandemic. How can we go from an away draw to a top French team to being humbled at home by Prague. They were the polar opposite of displays. If Lennon is useless and has lost the players how do we explain that Lille game for example.

Another point..which is quite eye opening...we actually have more points this season after 13 games than we did under Rodgers season 2018/19 after the same number of games. No one was saying Rodgers had lost the dressing room then. Our results look worse because the huns have been next to faultless this season. They have had their best start to a season almost ever.

Even last season we are only 4 points worse off than then but we had played 7 home games by now compared to only 5 this season so far.

Yes, the performances have been poor but this goes back before Lennon as well, I remember people slating Rodgers for embarrassments in Europe and his chronically boring play style. By the time he left many were glad to see the back of him. The pandemic and absence of fans has hit the players hard obviously and on top of that things look far worse because the huns are flying.

A new manager, regardless of how great he might be can't get fans back in the stadium or pick the huns starting eleven unfortunately.

CelticBoabie and Dubliner1 like this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That was my point mate, I think we are saying the same thing.