1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    upload_2023-3-25_13-50-51.png

Aye so much for the Israeli boss saying he arrived injured trying to pass the buck to us.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mate I honestly say for five minutes trying to remember Bitton name. I knew kayal was wrong, but couldn't for the life of me remember either.
    Elhamed was always popping in to my mind.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou believes Liel Abada is content at Celtic as he addressed rumours linking the winger with a move away.

Southampton have been linked with a potential swoop for the Israeli, 20, after former Maccabi Petah Tikva chairman Avi Luzon claimed it was “90 percent probable” the attacker would leave for down south sooner rather than later. Abada's form since arriving at Parkhead has been incredible and his stats back that up and Postecoglou reckons the youngster has shown his willingness to stay in Glasgow.

The manager insists there has been no indication from the player that he fancies a departure and he won't worry too much about it until he's told directly. But the level-headed boss understands things can change and players may eventually look to play elsewhere.

Liel’s very happy here and there’s nothing that’s shown me he wants to go anywhere," Ange said. "He just wants to be the best he can be.

“He’s working hard to do that and he’s been fantastic since he joined us.

“Sometimes other people like to speak for others, but I prefer to speak to the person themselves and get first-hand information

At the moment Liel’s really happy here. Players have their futures in their own hands. It’s about what they want to do. Some of them are at different stages of their lives and have different ambitions.

I’ve got no problem with that, it’s not about being ruthless or harsh with them. It’s about understanding their needs and what they want to do.

“That’s fine, we move on and they move on to better things. That’s how I treat every case

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic winger Liel Abada has rejected a new contract at the club ahead of a potential summer move, sources have told Football Insider.

Sources close to the 21-year-old have revealed that he wants to leave Parkhead this summer amid links to Premier League bottom club Southampton.

Israel international Abada, who joined Celtic in July 2021, is under contract until the summer of 2026.

The winger has notched 12 goals and seven assists in 41 appearances in the 2022-23 campaign – despite making just 17 starts.

He was named the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year last summer (2022) after his impressive debut campaign at Parkhead.

However, he has struggled for consistent starts in Ange Postecoglou’s side due to the sparkling form of Portuguese star Jota.

Abada missed the 2-0 win over Ross County on Sunday (2 April) after returning from international duty with an injury.

Speaking in the pre-match build-up to that win, Postecoglou suggested that the winger could miss this week’s (8 April) Old Firm clash with Rangers.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Rejected contract or not...he has plenty time on his contract and if he wants to go he can...but for the best price we can get. I'd be sad to see him go and think if he stays another year he'd improve further and end up getting better than relegation * down south. His stats already show he is some player. Fair enough can fade in and out of games. But he's young and you can see he is learning and taking things on board. But we can't let the * get taken out of us by buyers

eire4 and James Mc like this.
  7. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Missed him as an impact sub

oriley.jpg

Rydo1888* likes this.
  8. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
  9. calmac23

I think we should be aiming for £15m minimum + a good sell-on clause if it's Ajax or Benfica that buy him. He's still young, and even though he's raw, his numbers are very good.

BigWilly likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed. I would be sad to see him go if he leaves in the summer. Think given his age and where he is at I think it might be a mistake for him to leave in the summer especially given what are team under Ange is doing and the potential still there. But if he doesn't want to be part of that well then we should sell him and not wait around just like we did with Juranovic and Giakoumakis in January. You would think we would hopefully be able to get a bigger fee for Abada as well if he goes given his much younger age then the other 2 and the fact he would still have 3 years left on his current Celtic contract.

greengrocer likes this.
  11. Onefootwonder

I hope Ajax don't lowball buying from Scotland after being burned buying Bassey.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ajax are positioning themselves to be in the hunt for Celtic's Liel Abada this summer.

The Dutch club have been watching him this season and are monitoring his situation at the club.

Abada has scored 12 goals and setup seven more but many of his 41 appearances in all competitions have come from the bench.

Clubs from England and Portugal are therefore also looking at whether Abada will be on the market this summer, due to the fact he has not been a regular starter under Ange Postecoglu.

Postecoglu himself is also being looked at seriously by Premier League clubs, several of whom are assessing who their next permanent boss will be at the end of the season.

Israel winger Abada is still just 21 but has Champions League experience under his belt now, and he has impressed since joining from Maccabi Petah Tivka in 2021.

In total he has 27 goals and 18 assists in 95 Celtic appearances and is popular among the club's supporters. He is contracted at Parkhead until 2026.

13. horseshoe

Even though he hasn't been starting a huge amount lately, for a young winger his numbers over the two seasons speak for themselves, if a team the size of Ajax is actually in for him we should be looking at the guts of 15/20m with add-on/sell-ons.

14. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Should easily be looking for at least £15m, anybody saying otherwise is clueless. You won't find another 21 year old winger in Europe contributing as much as he has the last 2 seasons. Even more impressive that majority of his time this season has been from the bench.

My only worry is that the huns have * any future fees for us after fleecing Ajax for the bombscare.

15. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sell for £15M and replace him with Duk. We will make a packet.

Hope N Ur Heart and Garrymac1888 like this.
  16. john2061

Burnley I hear in for duk at the end of the season.

17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    If ajax paid 20+ for bassey

We can demand more for a prolific winger who has double figures for both assists and goals over 2 seasons.

18. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yep. Everton too.
    But if we have done our homework already, we might have him sewn up.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ajax would he a smart move for him..

Isn't ready for the EPL..

He'll be at an ultra attacking side, who win things, who play good football and will be in the champions league..

I'd be looking for at least 15 off them as they rake in fortunes, with a decent sized sell on. Does well in Holland and he'd be nailed on for the EPL..

It's pretty obvious he's away this summer. Everything points to that..

No a guaranteed starter
    Hasn't played as much this season
    We can make big money off him
    Ange probably already has someone better lined up
    His agent and ex manager or that talking before about him moving. Israel manager also was it?
    The talk of him no wanting to sign a new deal

He's done very very well for us overall but i wouldn't miss him personally..

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    19 million pounds and not a penny less.

If them * can get 19 million for that cart horse at the start of the season Abada is worth that at least.

Young and his numbers since being here is fantastic regarding his return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.