1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kyogo Furuhashi breaks silence on Japan snub and responds by setting new Celtic target
    Celtic forward Kyogo Furuhashi is not dwelling on his international snub by Japan, insisting that club football is his sole focus.

The 28-year-old was left out of Japanesehead coach Hajime Moriyasu’s squad for the Blue Samurai’s upcoming friendlies against Uruguay and Colombia despite scoring 26 goals in all competitions for Celtic this term. Moriyasu made reference to the standard of the cinch Premiership when justifying his selection, with midfielder Reo Hatate also omitted, although fellow club team-mate Daizen Maeda did make the cut. However, Furuhashi says his principal target is to score “clear 20 league goals” for Celtic as the Glasgow club chase a treble.

Speaking to Japanese media outlet Nikkan Gendai, Furuhashi said on his international snub: “As an individual, I still have a long way to go. After all, there is no future unless I climb the small stairs one by one. I am not thinking about the next Japan national team, and I am concentrating on the next match for Celtic. There have been games where Daizen has played as a centre forward (at Celtic), so I don’t think I have any guarantee of being a starting line-up. I think it's similar situation. I just want to clear 20 goals in the league and aim for a high goal of 25 or 30. In every game, there are more chances and there are many situations where I have to score.”

Furuhashi has been capped 16 times by Japan and has scored three goals, although his last match for his country came in September last year and he was left out for the 2022 World Cup squad.

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

If I could bottle this mans attitude and sell it, I'd be a millionaire.

3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    But still no picked for Japan

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The episode here
    https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/wa.../YKGoUeGLOImb84dVvJuvl/3rAho37JecixMQJ4zgEve7

Kyogo Furuhashi admits he was almost brought to tears by the Celtic fans after his return from injury last season.

The Japanese striker has been a revelation since moving to Parkhead but injury disrupted him of several months of his debut campaign. Kyogo picked up a hamstring injury against St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park on Boxing day in 2021 and he didn't return until last April against the same opponents.

Itvwas a special day for the Hoops as they closed in on reclaiming their title from Rangers with a 7-0 win over the Perth side. Kyogoreceived an incredible ovation when he replaced Jota on 74 minutes and the 28-year-old was left emotional as he realised that he was surrounded by the most 'incredible' supporters and teammates.

In a FIFA documentary about his footballers playing abroad, Kyogo said : “I just wanted to play football again. I wanted to be out there with the others and score goals, first and foremost. I realised more than ever that I had been playing with an incredible group of players and surrounded by the most incredible supporters

I came on as a substitute, but the level of warmth almost brought tears to my eyes. To feel the love of so many people. I was really happy in that moment."

Ange Postecoglou also featured in the documentary and the Celtic boss admits it was a difficult transition for Kyogo to move to Scotland from Japan.

That was the toughest bit. For all players I guess it’s tough, but particularly for somebody like Kyogo, because foreign players obviously don’t have family or too much of a network here to rely upon, so we had to make sure we provided support for him.”

AussieGreek, greengrocer and Wllm like this.
  5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I don't proper "fall in love" with players. But * sake......I love this bhoy. Give him a contract till he retires. His attitude is first class. Me and the wife (hun family) were talking about his Halloween hijinks. He is just such a great lad.

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There is a non-trivial chance he stays here until retirement, if he's so emotional about fans' support. We do love our players like no other supporter group.

P.S. nobody tell him we also hate our players like no other supporter group after approximately 3 bad games in a row.:52::88:

The_Bhoy, greengrocer and Liam Scales like this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd say your generous with the 3 games comment :56: starfelts lucky to escape a half

Leone Naka Fan and martin_d like this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately for any of us with hopes of him falling in love with the fans and the club, I think he's used to that in Japan and judging by his farewell, he knows sometimes you've got to make that difficult departure.

If he truly believes he can go on to bigger things than us, he will - not for money though, I would like to hope

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

9. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's a class act. Nice touch having a kick about with this wee guy on some ash pitch in the West End! The wee man is pure chuffed haha

bobs1974, Rydo1888*, gazb1888 and 2 others like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Watched a bit of that. Getting strong “The Office” vibes from the way it’s filmed. :56:

Liam Scales and Wllm like this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    :giggle1:

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  14. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Absolutely loved watching those videos :D

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Yeah great vids!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  16. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    And there's more!

Rydo1888* and Wllm like this.
  17. Far East Footballer

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. Far East Footballer

Japan v Uruguay was 1-1 draw, a boring game. The very worst player of the game was Asano, who was playing as a center forward. He ruined a few good opportunities. Everyone except the manager = Moriyasu says Kyogo is a lot better than Asano. I know Moriyasu prefers pacey forwards like Maeda and Asano, but it's still very unfair. I mean, Asano is NOT playing as a center forward for his German club and he has scored only 1 goal for the club in Bundesliga this season. Only 1 goal.

Moriyasu used to be the manager of Sanfrecce Hiroshima (a J-League club) and Asano was playing for Sanfrecce Hiroshima. So, Asano is "Moriyasu boy". I mean, Moriyasu is partial to Asano too much. Even when Asano was playing for a Croatian club, Moriyasu chose Asano. Scottish league and Celtic must be better than Croatian league and the Croatian club!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  19. Far East Footballer

One thing to add is, Kyogo is younger than Asano (only a few months, though). So, the age is not a reason. First of all, Kyogo is young enough to play in FIFA World Cup 2026. He'll be 31 years old when the next world cup is being held. In recent years, most 31 year old strikers keep scoring a lot and Japan need Kyogo next year (2024) for Asian Cup.

Kyogo was in some interviews recently. I like his attitude.

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Far East Footballer likes this.