1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liel Abada

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Jul 14, 2021.

Discuss Liel Abada in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's probably the one attacking player I wouldn't be too disappointed about losing tbh.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We could get a few million more for Abada, at the very least.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sounds like a former owner who's waiting for a big pay out on a sell on fee.

Should shut his mouth and wait his turn.

Not gonna claim he's wrong in the contract situation, but it looks very much like he's using this to his advantage to get Abada sold ASAP so he can get his pay cut.

Abada would do well to stay the third year, it's part of the reason we used 5 year deals on these guys. There was always going to be this season of development and ups and downs.

Abada has a lot still to improve on, he isn't ready for a big club - leave Celtic this summer and you're looking at the Southamptons of the world - not the arsenal's.
    He needs to stay another year and take on board what he's learning this year and still developing.

We know he struggles one on one with the keeper, after the world cup break he seemed to show a willingness and ability to develop that trait. He's also since added more ability to play his teammates in and work with them on the wing (as opposed to just the sheer drive and determination going to goal). He still needs time to work on that and he will do that and then some next season against UCL clubs.

Then get your big move.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Noskeil and greengrocer like this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    SMSM - At every opportunity let’s try and cause issues with Celtic to help our zombie brothers…….

How many * stories have they come up with, oh let’s go ask the former chairman at his previous club to do a story……

Let’s try and cause some upset and unrest……

* shambles with the SMSM once again.

On a side note if he does wish to leave us this summer then I’m sure he will be wished well and that money reinvested back into the side regarding a replacement.

Noskeil likes this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What does that make us then? :67:

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

:56:

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

7. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Where do Southamptons and Arsenal's play EPLS

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

More hope and pray from the president hoping for a big payday when he does leave in the future

Not too worried about his situation

Peej and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  9. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

If he wants away then he'll be gone.

No messing about under Ange.

10. celtic warrior

Would be sad to see him go as I feel hes got one of, if not the biggest, potential in terms of end career out of our squad.

If they were to keep the momentum going a club like Brighton would be a * fantastic move for him however he will see about as much game time there as he does here, if not less...

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If he performed consistently every week then I'd be worried however, he blows hot and cold and, if he genuinely wants to move and it's not just the usual SMSM *, then let him. I'm sure he will enjoy struggling the fight to avoid relegation with the likes of Southampton or Bournemouth etc and, like many other ex-Celts who chased the money, will regret it.

12. DonnyCelt

So.....his old clubs president knows he's rejected a new contract offer from us, yet not a whisper over in the country he plays football in........yeh OK......jog on ya *.

Rydo1888* and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He will be brutally exposed in the Prem at this point in his career IMO.

14. Foley1888

Abada has done very well for us, came here as a 19 year old, has scored and assisted regularly and his stock will be high amongst clubs that scout heavily using data.

His overall style of play makes him frustrating he impacts games when playing well and looks ultra composed but when he’s not at it he is a man down and often fluffs his lines. There are few examples of players I can think of whose performance levels vary so much game to game.

I know he is still very young but given his style of play, I am not entirely convinced he will get massively better his core attributes of good finishing and pace are what he brings. His decision making isn’t too bad either it’s more his execution of sometimes quite simple things that leaves you frustrated.

I think he could attract a fee a lot higher than people think given his age profile, he’s now got two seasons under his belt and European experience in Europa and CL. He is also a full international.

If the deal was right I wouldn’t be too disheartened to see him go as I think we need a more consistent option on the right wing at present.

15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    No doubt Ange will shed light on it as the Sevco media whores with be salivating.

Nonetheless, if he stays good.

If he leaves, another chunk of change for the piggy bank.

If * like Patterson and Shirley can go for them amounts we should be looking at 60 odd million :56:

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nowhere near good enough for the Premier league in my opinion....yet anyway..

His pace, finishing and runs in-between the posts are at a pretty good level..

His touch, ability to go by his man, crossing and decision making are miles off though in the main..

It's a position I want improved whether he stays or goes as for me I don't see him as our main right winger. I actually prefer Jota there over him starting....and that's with Jota being better off the left. Abada seems better off the bench against tired legs..

If he goes, I trust Ange to without doubt find better than Abada. I'd want two wingers in in that case. A left footed one and a like for like Abada one..

He's a good player. Been a great signing. We can do better though..

If he wants away. Thanks and cheerio son..

Sell and bring in Ernest Nuamah and another for the money..

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The potential is there and his stats speak for themselves, seen far worse players go for big money.

All this is from Abada’s former clubs president though, who will have a sell on % and want to be cashing in more money.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he does go in the summer but the media running with this as a big story his hilariously desperate.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He isn't ready for the PL. If he was smart he'd either stay with us for another year, or leave for another big league.

We can get at least £14 million for him. His G+A rate is excellent for his age

19. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Like O'Reily he's lost the magic he had in previous seasons. Thought he was gonna be a superstar and there is still time for him, but if he wants to go then good luck, lets cash in and move on!

20. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Liel Abada hasn't done *. I'm not gonna get upset because a * who knows * all claims one of our players did this or that. He's the president of Abada's last club, why whould he be informed what's going on now? I'm not reporting to my old company's boss, why should Abada?

Also, I should remember not to believe a word Scottish media claims because for an instance, I was taking the headline serious. Rookie mistake :) :nonono:

AussieGreek and Leone Naka Fan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.