1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brown also picked out Hoops midfielder Reo Hatate as someone he would have loved to have played with.

The former Scotland international identified the 25-year-old's energy as a particularly important factor.

"Definitely (I would have liked to play) with Reo in the middle of the park," he continued.

"He has great energy and definitely as I got older it would be have been great to play alongside him so he could have done some of my running.

2. Hydrobhoy

dafty ex ref conroy wants reo banned for simulation vs hearts they scummy * will try any * to try upset our flow. beggars belief

greengrocer and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    I was in disbelief. Even Neilston who thinks they get hard done by didn't see anything. Conroy is a hun rat. Didn't hide it well then and has no reason to now

Hydrobhoy and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. PaddyJamieson

That is actually laughable. When has a dive ever been punished with a ban? Wonder if he said the same the many times Kent's been done for diving, or Sakala at the weekend. Hmm...

Bitter hun ripping out him.

5. Onefootwonder

What absolute garbage and he is an ex ref? What a clown. Another example of why the refereeing is so bad against us.

The only time anyone has been pulled up for diving is when they dive to win a penalty. Never once has anyone ever been pulled up for a dive on the halfway line. The freekick was given for the foul on Kyogo immediately before Hatate went down.

Every single game there are fouls won with going down without contact. Are we going to ban everyone? :giggle1:

6. Hydrobhoy

wanting reo banned for the semi final obvs and scraping the barrell as usual yeah mate defo laughable hahaha

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

I've been going over this more and more in my head and it's actually * unreal :giggle1:

craigtheceltic and Hydrobhoy like this.
  8. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    * me, between this and Reo and Kyogo missing out on their national team, I’ve woken up in an alternative universe :giggle1:

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    As controversial as it sounds, I can understand why the Japanese manager didn't pick Kyogo. He's late twenties, they have a good amount of young attackers who are performing well at other clubs. Do I agree with it? No, I think Kyogo is the best Japanese striker in the world but I can maybe understand that he possibly has his reasons for picking younger players in other leagues.

Not picking Reo Hatate is absolutely scandalous though. He can do * everything in midfield. He's going to go to the very * top. Mental that he has been overlooked when they supposedly want to try new things. He's barely had a sniff for the Japanese national team, this is the perfect time to get him in and playing with their other young midfielders. Absolutely mental.

Could maybe understand it at the world cup. Going with guys in the squad who had served them well or whatever but in a time where they are requiring the new talent to step up? Not picking Hatate? That's truly mind boggling.

10. JamesM09

At this point I'm just assuming there are Catholic Japanese and Protestant Japanese and Hatate is on the good side..

PaddyJamieson and Peej like this.
  11. PaddyJamieson

Utter disgrace that he's not been included. I really feel for him.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The reasons for omitting either are weird and hollow. League standard applies to Maeda too. There is one vaguely correct reason why Moriyasu might not like Hatate or Furuhashi, but why doesn't he state it straight up, I've no idea.

Both roam from their given positions on the pitch. Moriyasu may see this as problematic. He strongly prefers a disciplined approach to tactics.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I get your argument/thinking on kyogo, but it still is baffling and makes * all sense.

Maeda is 25 kyogo is 28, Japanese players tend to look after themselves as well and based solely on Nakamura, kyogo could play another 10+ years if he wanted to.

Assuming the Japan manager is actually scouting his players and not actually picking a squad based purely on who his pals are, then he must surely to * be seeing kyogo ripping it up right now and a markedly, massively, better player than Maeda.

Baffling.

But that said, less players on international duty the * better.

Let's just hope Hatate and kyogo know they aren't being picked because of where they play domestic football and is just because the Japan manager is clearly a massive *

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Ziggy likes this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I'd be picking Kyogo if I was Japan manager. I think we all would. I only mentioned the reasons why he could be omitted to highlight my disbelief at Reo not being picked. I think that is genuinely mental.

15. StevieBhoooy!

But in the short term…. To our benefit…

16. AussieGreek

Worried that Hatate and Kyogo might now turn their heads to a bigger league just to get a sniff of the NT since apparently SPFL is not good enough, but is so for Maeda...

Rydo1888* likes this.
  17. Danny 4692

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Not picking Kyogo cos he "doesn't fit their style" I can sort of get to a degree but Hatate not being picked is just plain * mental. It's their loss at the end of the day and our gain. I just hope it doesn't make them want to move in the summer. The sooner Japan replace that fraud the better.

18. StevieBhoooy!

I won’t sleep tonight now… with the nightmare images of what a Japanese Jim Farry might look like.

JamesM09 likes this.
  19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The problem is, he's not a fraud. His disciplined tactics made two giants of international football crash, and almost did the same to yet another big footballing nation.
    Yes, Hatate and Furuhashi would have helped against Costa Rica, but that loss will be ignored.
    In Asian competitions, having both would fix Japan's issues with underdogs. But Moriyasu is the ultimate tactical anti-Ange. He probably spent days and weeks preparing plans for Germany and Spain. How to defend and then counter.

20. DonnyCelt

Their manager is an absolute *. Not picking the leagues top scorer and the leagues best player, but will pick Maeda (absolutely no disrespect at all to Maeda)

He'll also have players.who play domestically in Japan in his squad, which is arguably a worse standard of football

Danny 4692 likes this.