1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I read somewhere (maybe here even) that his agent told him to wait until the summer to approach Celtic regarding wages/contract talks) he sacked that agent and got a new one . The one he has now. Get the feeling him and his new agent have made a * of it. We shall see

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Guy’s last appearance for us he came on worked like * and scored a goal to put the game away. Ange has left him out there, Ange’s decision. He didn’t say GG asked.

The Prof likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Maestro 08

One of the Dom McKay three. The same reason we are getting peanuts for them is the same reason McKay was forced out.

5. Foley1888

Not saying it isn’t true but where is it this is coming from? Also who is the third as I saw McCarthy mentioned?

Maestro 08 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Greece boss Gus Poyet has revealed Giorgos Giakoumakis wants to quit Celtic because of his lack of game time.

Hoops striker Giakoumakis is poised to depart Parkhead this month after playing second fiddle to Kyogo for most of the season. Cash-rich Japanese club Urawa Red Diamonds are leading the chase for his signature, while MLS outfit Atlanta United are also keen.

Football Scotland understands the 2 8-year-old's agent has spent the week in Glasgow as he thrashed out his client's exit.Giakoumakis wasn't involved against St Mirren or Morton this week and may well have played his final game for the club. And Poyet has assured the 11-times capped star he will remain part of his international plans wherever he decides to go

He said: "I think Giorgos is a strong character, he likes to play football, he gives you 100% all the time, I think that's why he's so popular with Celtic.

"He's got better in front of goal and scored a few goals. But this season he wasn't playing regularly. He felt he wanted to play.

At first I heard it was this team in Japan he was going to sign for and now I hear it's the team in MLS. I always tell any player when they ask for my opinion that they have to make good decisions.

The more good decisions you make in your career, the better your career gets. But wherever he is in the world, he will be in the national team if he doesn't have injury problems

I like him a lot and he is an important member of the Greek national team and I hope he makes the right decision for himself and for the national team."

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

If there was a clause in their contracts there wouldn't be add on fees. I think the 2 of them were on buttons compared to some other players

8. celtic warrior

OK so what is this chatter about Dom McKay?

He was forced out because board of directors found him to be * at negotiating contracts and having poor foresight over finances?

9. Al Bootyerbaws

I got the thing about McKay in a whatsapp message last week. Not exactly a reliable source most of the time but hey ho.

10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Going to Japan or MLS for football reasons is not a good decision. Living in Japan for lifestyle reasons I can understand. Such a wonderful country. USA? Depends where you are, but opportunity wise for his family it is light years ahead of here.

I just don’t understand the need to go now? I get the grumble about playing time and he’s probably ran out of pins to put into his Kyogo voodoo doll, but the timing is just wrong.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby

I think him and his new agent have made a * of trying to get more money out of us.

blackfish likes this.
  12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

From Ange’s comments he’s definitely trying to make up his mind where he wants to go, will also depend massively if we get Oh and maybe Cho in.

He should 100% be aiming higher than Japan and MLS leagues. He’d be well suited to Germany or Italy.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    German perrenial under-achievers like Hertha Berlin and Stuttgart should be salivating with the prospect of signing Giakoumakis for a reasonable fee - he would be perfect for them, and they both have a huge support base.

Juranovic going to Union Berlin FC is a bargain buy for them. They sit third on the current ladder.

14. DonnyCelt

So the rumour now is Giako has a release clause as well aye?

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Did you mention these 2 teams just as an example, or has there been a link?

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Who’s the third? If JJ and GG where 2?

17. TheHappyLoss

18. Maestro 08

Yeah McCarthy. Mad contract considering his age etc.

19. Maestro 08

James McCarthy

20. Maestro 08

Basically what I heard. Too inexperienced and naive. Agents taking him for a ride etc

Blochairnbhoy likes this.