1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone had or know someone who's had a hair transplant

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Sonic Reducer, Dec 24, 2022.

Discuss Anyone had or know someone who's had a hair transplant in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    On of my mates has just shaved his head to the bone recently because of hair loss.

He suits the baldy look in my opinion but he's struggling to come to terms with his situation and constantly wears a baseball cap.

He's now talking about hair transplant and Turkey seems to be on his radar as it's a lot less expensive.
    Personally I think he's taking a risk with his cash as you can apparently have a transplant done on Scotland.

Anyone know someone or had the work done and what experiences they have..?

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Never had one as I’ve been blessed with a thick head of hair.

I would consider one though, if my hair was thinning badly at a young age. Some of my mates were clearly thinning in their late teens or early 20’s, which would be *.

3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm seriously considering one so will be keeping a keen eye on this thread.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    My mate has had two.

First one didn't stick for whatever reason but his latest one looks incredible. Wouldn't know it was a transplant.

Said he felt weird coming back from Turkey looking like a * until he got on the plane and everyone else was exactly like him.

He started thinning out when he was in his early twenties. Funny thing is, he shaved what was left of his hair off in prep for the transplant, he actually suited being bald.

King of Kings likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'm a big baldy *.

I'd love a transplant. Turkeys actually a decent place for one. They do that many there decent at them, but youve to research a decent one. Iv been considering it since I'm in a position where I could probably afford a turkey one without it * me too much.

I was full blown bald by 20. Unlucky * eh. Cracking head of hair aswel. Big sexy *. I went and got a Scott brown stuck on my head though ;) sexy as *. So technically everyone wonders why I shave my head :56: cost 3 grand but I couldn't afford 10-15 at the time.

It's no for everyone btw and they actually do a better job these days, but it's about 11 years old and needing touched up now, so might just go full turkey aswel. If you notice the itv news guys got one, the big muscley guy on guardians of the galaxy and alot of footballers. Anyway, no bad for 11-12 years on. It got me by my 20s no looking 40 so a win imo.

[​IMG]
    image upload

6. Smithy

I know quite a lot of folk who’ve had one. Turkey definitely seems the best option, yet to see a bad one from there. Whereas I’ve seen a few UK based ones that look a bit ropey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    What's the going rate in Turkey then? Asking for erm..an internet friend... lol

buchanbhoy likes this.
  8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Boy in work got one done and tbh you can tell a mile off, plus he's thinning as * again. For them to work you need to get numerous and still have element of luck.

Another guy in work got the hair tattoo thing and it looks class. I didn't know, thought he just shaved his heed until a work night out and he told me.

9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ooh hair tattoo...never knew about that!

10. Smithy

2-5k depending how many areas and grafts you get done.

My mate just got 4500 grafts in the front of his head for £2.5k in Istanbul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye mines has lasted 11 years :56:

12. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Finasteride is a good preventative measure if you still have hair or have early signs of hair loss and it has medical research to back it up.

13. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Come on the lotto ticket lol!

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, plus it’s no just the hair transplant you get in turkey for the price - say if it costs £2k, that’s inclusive of your flights, hotel and transport to and from.

Saving up maself for next year, no bald by any stretch of the imagination, but hair’s started falling out at the peaks since COVID started.

15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I guess the problem people have regarding Turkey is the reputable companies as there seems to be quite a few.

16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Shane Warne had one. Hope this helps.

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

That stuff no stop you stop * though ? * taking that. :giggle1:

18. strike twice

Yer Maw !

19. leeso-ardoyne

Started loosing mine late 20s and it got that bad in my 30s I had to shave it all off. It started at the back of my head like a small circle then grew into losing it right down the center. It's crosses my mind of getting a transplant for awhile now but part of says * that, it's 25euro now to get ones hair cut in town so that's put me off hahaha. Miserable * I am and would hate to be spending that amount of money on a hair cut every 2 weeks. Getting it done for free with the hair clippers suits me now.

dalbeth4 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Thought about one myself but think I prefer being bald now. Thinned at the front but hate it when it grows 4/5 day's looks wild :giggle1:

Only like it a day or 2 after I've shaved it off..

Pal of mines going for one next year but he doesn't need it. Full head of hair and right good looking * but wants some sorta immaculate hairline. Up to him..

Some of them do look pish that I've seen. Likes of James McFadden has a decent one off top of my head. Swear likes of Beckham have ones you'd never notice but no doubt payed fortunes over and over. Then you see Rooney and what a poor * :giggle1: