1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. JamesM09

Any update on Ange’s dinner?

NomDePlum and PaddyJamieson like this.
  4. PaddyJamieson

* love him man :giggle1:

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Knows exactly how to noise them up :ange2:

You can tell by his comments he already knows their new mans a * as well :giggle1:

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Noticed that...praise for wee Gio and absolutely * all on Mick Squeal :56:

He * nails it every single time lol.

7. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Ange must've seen Beale's interview on Currie's podcast BT and thought right ill show him!

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I * love it. He must've * his self hearing about that mole faced * talking about suits..

Gonna be even better doing these orange * with the filth they have there now..

Wee Baldy and Double Dutch like this.
  9. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    They canny cope with the fact big ange thinks they’re irrelevant and it’s absolutely tremendous :56:constantly looking for some form of approval. Get it right up them.They are nothing and they’ll always be nothing

10. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Be interesting at the next hun game...can see Squeal talking pish in the papers in the lead up and Ange just laughing at the *. Vice-like handshake before the game and the death stare.

I really hope we * embarrass the *.

Wee Baldy, Rydo1888*, Gazzi79 and 3 others like this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Big * Ange.. What an answer :56::56::56::ange2:

Did we find out what the big man had for dinner?

Wee Baldy and The big Viduka like this.
  12. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Whatever it was it was more important than Beale...

13. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Heard the big man had steak and chips, we all know steak and chips are more important than Adrian Mole.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wonder if he's taken stock of how Japan play. Not a full game of high press, but rather a period where they absolutely crush the opposition, while keeping some of the stamina in reserve. Perhaps we should adopt this in Europe?

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes never gonna change how we play no matter how often you post about it pal

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll deal with it': Ange Postecoglou has say on potential issues within squad amid Giorgos Giakoumakis speculation
    Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou says he will deal with any issues as they arise with the happiness of his squad after reports this week that striker Giorgios Giakoumakis will look to leave the club in January after contract talks broke down.
    Speculation is mounting that the forward may move on in the next transfer window due all parties failing to reach an agreement on an improved pay offer. The 27-year-old, who signed from VVV Venlo in the summer of 2021, has scored 19 goals in 34 appearances and has become a key part of Postecoglou’s squad and when the Australian was asked about the Greek’s future and also interest in right-back Josip Juranovic, currently away with Croatia at the World Cup, he said: “I don’t think too much about it unless something is presented to me. I focus more on what I see every day in training. If players are unhappy, have concerns or are looking for other things then it’ll come to my attention pretty quickly and we’ll deal with it as we go along.

Every transfer window is an opportunity for us to get stronger and better, and that’s what we will be looking to do. It doesn’t always mean we will bring players in, it will be about not losing players that would weaken us. Sometimes we’ll be developing and won’t need to bring anyone in. But the windows are always an opportunity to improve and that’s how we’ll treat this one.

“It’s not about me imposing conditions that players have to be happy. Players have different priorities at different times. I have understood that my whole managerial career. In 25 years of doing this job, I’ve never taken anything personally or felt players should think a certain way. Some players want more game time, some think it might be time for them to improve their financial situation or maybe it’s just they don’t like the way I manage. It could be a number of things, but it’s constantly evolving.

My role is to look at what I see every day and deal with the issues that come up. I don’t go around telling the players they need to feel a certain way or behave a certain way. It’s down to them. We know what this football club has to offer in terms of the size of the club, the passionate fanbase, the pressure for success and European football. We are pretty clear about it. But sometimes players’ priorities can change and if that happens I’ll deal with it.”

Ange Postecoglou admits he’s thrilled Peter Lawwell ’s Parkhead comeback has been made official after the former club supremo was confirmed as the incoming chairman.

Lawwell is set for a dramatic return to the boardroom in January just 18 months after ending almost 18 years as chief executive. The 63-year-old had been expected to land the role since Ian Bankier announced his decision to exit in the New Year after 11 years at the helm.

Lawwell has been a huge figure at Celtic and overseen a period of dominance in Scottish football. He also recruited Postecoglou in the summer of 2021 in one of his final acts as chief executive. Postecoglou admitted the former chief has never really been away – but he’s thrilled to have him back on board in an official role. The boss said: “The people who made the decision are best place to answer what Peter brings. But from my perspective, I’m delighted.

He was probably the first person I spoke to about the position here and he was hugely instrumental in bringing me to the football club. Even though he hasn’t been working in an official capacity, he’s been a great support to me since I came here.

“It’s great to see him involved again as chairman. He’s had so much success at this club and he knows the place inside out. It’s great for me personally and for the football club.

“I think the continuity and stability is important at a club. Like any side around the world, the most stable you are, the more chance you have of success. With Ian stepping down, it was important the person replacing him understands this football club. Peter has all those attributes and experience, and I’m sure the entire club will benefit.”

Postecoglou already has a solid working relationship with Lawwell and recruitment chief son Mark Lawwell as well as chief executive Michael Nicholson. He admitted Lawwell senior’s major clout in the corridors of power at UEFA is huge for Celts – but it’s the back-up to the football operation that will prove key for the manager.

Postecoglou said: “That (European influence) is important as well, definitely. I would think that was another reason why the decision was made to bring him in. I’m not involved in that side but I see it from a football perspective and what he brings in support of the football department.That’s where the relationship is great for me.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    Skelleto likes this.
  17. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Kangaroo steak with a touch of possum on the side.
    Dessert was a baby Beale

thailandceltic and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Absolutely adore this man :56: Imagine them bleating about respect when Squeal constantly refers to Celtic as "them" on Sly News!

19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Made a point that they had actually gotten rid of a "successful" manager. Really laughing at them lol

Wee Baldy and Double Dutch like this.
  20. Mr Cleansheets

When do we next play the huns?

That's the day the league will effectively be won... by Celtic.