1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bhoyyo, Apr 13, 2022.

Discuss Celtic in Europe in 22-23 Season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Frankfurt please pot 1. Any English mob bar City. Not asking for too much surely. Chelsea or Spurs would be good.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I would take that too, but you know for a fact we will get the group of death and them jammy zombie * will get the best possible group.

DdoubleD likes this.
  3. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Nah, it's happening the other way around this time :fear:

4. ynwa1987

I love the way Ange has us playing but aye not sure I want to see us try pass it out the back against PSG or Man City haha

5. ynwa1987

I know it has no bearing on this campaign but historically we’ve always punched above our weight against them in Europe.

That would be a dream group but we are more likely to get PSG, Athletico and Inter :(

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    :ange2:

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I completely get that. It's not a go at Ange or the team (we are joy to watch) but more about the question of what is the right approach to take in European football for a club of our resources compared to the teams out there if we want to start making serious progress. I also get Australia had really * luck being stuck in a group of * with Holland, Spain and a decent Chile side at the time - with Ange arguably being far more limited to the type and quality of players he had at his disposal to fit in his system.

It's fascinating but also pretty wild we'll be trying to have a proper go at the likes of a Madrid or a PSG, and against the lesser sides in the tournament, it will probably be an end to end scrap.

Team has my backing 100% everytime they step onto the pitch and tbf (minus the Bodo hiccup) we are still a bit of an unknown quantity in Europe the now as we were a team still developing it's style during the Europa campaign, but I won't lie and say I don't have fears that the way we play could end up being a romantic footballing pipedream at that level.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  8. Charlielarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Real madrid for me

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We will be in 8 four points in front of Austria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Even though I had a fully-blown sober conversation with a pineapple once, I reject your diagnosis!

I still stand by what I said though, we shouldn’t be sitting worried about who we’re gonna get, even though getting an “easy” group (which btw, it doesn’t appear as if there is gonna be one) would appear more attractive, but tell me this:

You go out every weekend for a month to the best club in the town. Yeah, sure, you can chat up a few 6/7s, spend the night chatting them up and maybe pretend later that night you’re Captain Birdseye and get yourself a few fish fingers, or maybe get lucky and throw your sausage in a volcano. It would indeed be pleasant and a success like, or….

You see the 9s and 10s and who everyone says it’s out of your league, but no she devil is beyond your charms, either if you have more money than sense (which we dont), or if you have a 9 inch floppy (which we dont), but what we DO have is a cracking house, sensational patter and a twinkle in our eye that some half-cut harlet might just take a chance on one night.

Be bold, be brave, hit her with our best/worst dad joke and she might just crack a smile and you never know…

I guarantee ye you’ll not want to wash your * for weeks, as opposed to happily washing the she-stench off yersel at the soonest possible opportunity.

Hasta la victoria siempre! Said a wise man once.

Remember mate, Mick Jagger is one of the ugliest * on the planet, but his hips can hypnotise even the most beautiful of beautiful because he has confidence, not quality.

x

craigtheceltic likes this.
  11. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I talk to pineapples too, they're cheeky *.

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Benfica made rangers look like an ordinary team shouldnt fear Portuguese teams

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah man, depending on what mood they’re in they can be prickly little * for sure!

World Champion likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    IMG_4001.png
    Rangers get all the luck in the world

16. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Give us Frankfurt, Seville and Sporting CP.

Frankfurt for the craic, Seville and Lisbon to stroll down memory road

Peej likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * it, give us whoever the * they want.
    * what the huns do and * caring what/who they get and their * * luck in Europe.

End of the day, we KNOW we are better than the huns, domestically we will win this league and spank them along the way.

In Europe, we are our own worst enemy - not because we play expansive open football, but because we tell ourselves we are * * and fear anyone with a bit of a reputation.
    * it - if the huns have taught us one thing, it is that Scottish clubs can get a result in Europe - so if they can, we can.

Top of that, Leverkusen and Betis games last year, we * should have won them - not because the opponent was *, but because we actually TOOK OUR GAME to them and played them off the park for large points. Our own * ups and backline being weak/new screwed us.
    But * it, we are settled, we have the best backline in Scotland and players are progressively getting better (hello Ralston and Taylor) and we are a much strong side this year.

Give us Liverpool, Give us Inter, Give us PSG or whoever - we will take the game to them and try our * best to win a game of football.
    Not hide behind ten men and hope we sneak a point off someone when they have a bad day.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would be a good group that I think Ange would look to win.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

:ange:

Peej likes this.
  20. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Buzzing. Give us a mixed bag, with 1 or 2 biggies and a simpler draw. I drew Milan, Barca and dortmund…would be fun but a ballache to try get out of!