1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

A new dad so maybe he's enjoying the time with his family and is in no rush to get back and when he does it has to be the right fit. His departure from here was motivated by similar reasons i.e wanting to be closer to home due to his new set up. The way he is I wouldn't be surprised if he takes time out because the offers aren't ticking those boxes. The problem is that can quickly turn into a longer period than expected and as your stock and match sharpness drops it can be difficult to get back into it, at least at the levels he may be used to.

2. EddieBhoy1986

I keep seeing people say this about him wanting to be closer to Australia but is that anything other than an assumption? I don't recall him ever commenting on his reasons other than saying he hoped a change of scenery would give him motivation.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    One of those things that media started saying after his leaving interview because he was saying he’s been a long way from home for a long time. Might be media reading between the lines or might be one of they things that we let everyone know so it’s generally accepted fact. We’ll never know tbh.

4. jambo_cfc

Everton interested

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. EddieBhoy1986

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Record picking up the chat

Tom Rogic could be set to rock up at Goodison Park.

The Australian midfielder ripped up his Celtic contract this summer after spending a dazzling nine years in Glasgow.

But Frank Lampard is rumoured to be considering a deal for Rogic as he aims to add some substance to his Everton engine room.

The attacker is still without a new club since leaving Celtic on the back of lifting a seventh Premiership title in search of a fresh challenge.

But interest in the Australian international is thought to be high. In a World Cup year, he'll be keen to get his foot in the door somewhere.

Rogic has had interest from clubs in Indonesia and back in Australia.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Mr Cleansheets

Just deepens the mystery of why he left for me.

I could understand him wanting to go back to Oz, but to leave on a free and just mooch about for months, then sign for an EPL club seems odd.

But what the * would I know?

9. celtic20

Always thought he had a clear idea of what he wanted next for his career. Always believed that's why he left. Doesn't look as though that was actually the case.

Such a mystery as to what's going on here. Didn't seem as if he wanted a break. That * Australian manager mouthing off about it didn't help things though. Can't imagine Rogic is too pleased with Graham Arnold at all.

10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I miss the big man

Rogicisgod and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. EddieBhoy1986

Tbf when asked at the time he said he would be taking some time out to reflect on his time at Celtic, that he didn't have any plans and wasn't in a hurry to make his next move. I didn't quite appreciate how much time out he was intending to take mind so it didn't register to me that it was a sign there was more going on.

But looking back on it now him being non commital about his future combined with how emotional he was during his send off, maybe we should all have twigged.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

pro footballers can play far from home and after the covid carry on the last few years i can understand him being away from his homeland for so long and not knowing what the future holds might have unsettled him

be a good move professionally for him playing in epl, i dont seem him holding down a regular weekly place in the team, i dont think he managed that here

hes always had fitness issues like a much much better paddy mccourt, just dont think he likes the fitness and training aspects of the sport

13. EddieBhoy1986

I know it seems that way to us but a few who have played with him and coached have said injuries aside his issue has never been physical fitness. That he is apparently physically incredibly fit, his problems were related to stuff going on inside his head.

Ange referenced this last year in an interview: "I also know he's the kind of guy who needs to feel good about himself, his body and how he's playing his football. He can be pretty critical of himself."

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah your right im just coming up with my own conclusions from the watching celtic and tom over the years i dont personally know, it just seemed the most likely imo

i kind of settled with the idea long ago that tom was the wrong/unusual/unlikely size and shape to be the skillfull artist type midfielder and as a result couldnt maintain the required fitness to play every week at the highest levels but id stand corrected

have you got a link to the ange interview mate ?

15. EddieBhoy1986

Tbf a man the size of Tom has no right being that skilful, sure Rodgers said he has size 14 feet which when you think about how good his dribbling and close control is

I could be off the mark but it's just the impression I get from what those who know him have said. Seems he gets in his own head and his self esteem plummets then it's hard for him to get into games. If so no real suprise he thrived under Rodgers and Ange who are good man managers and was lost under Lennon who couldn't even man manage himself.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/spor...als-secrets-behind-tom-rogics-celtic-revival/

NakamuraTastic and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  16. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Surprised it’s taken this long for him to find a club or maybe he was in no rush and needed a break. I’d be seriously surprised if an EPL team doesn’t give him a chance, Everton would be a great move.

17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Maybe it’s just the process that’s going on, much like here where we are trying to get some deadwood off the books, and Tam is just waiting for that to happen at his preferred destination. Might have had Everton or Leicester sniffing about asking him to wait, while a Fulham or Bournemouth are saying come now. There’ll be a cutoff point and a decision is made.

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye I’m surprised even the rat didn’t tempt unless he even can’t bring in free players. He’d be a wasted talent in a smaller league.

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I bet he is, but hasn’t offloaded so can’t bring in. Probably why Everton is getting a run in the media, might be bait to try force Leicester to make their move.

CookieMonster likes this.
  20. EddieBhoy1986

I admire your optimisum and hope you're right because I'm not ready to not see Tom play football again. But none of it adds up to me when you take into consideration that only last week his agent was still refusing to comment on his situation and very clearly hasn't been working to get him a new deal (or at least hasn't been through most of the transfer window) I still think quiet retirement for undisclosed reasons is the most likely. Hopefully he is happy and content with his decision either way.