1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

Like the look of pavlidis at AZ , can play as CF , winger and AM , at 23 is a good age , think we would have to spend 6-7m on him though

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Maestro 08 likes this.
  2. PaddyJamieson

He looks brilliant. I'd imagine he'll move to one of the top 5 leagues in the next year or two.

3. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Half the AZ team are pretty decent.

I'd love GG to have a Greek pal.

I'd easily take Karlsson, Sugawara, de Wit and Pavlidis, off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others in that team that would do a job for us now or as a replacement if we sell someone.

You're looking at some value for money there as well considering they sold Koopmeiners to Atalanta for €12m and he was their best player. He was class against us.

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. jambo_cfc

yeah I’m surprised it’s not a league we look at more especially for value outside the top 2. Players we have had from the Dutch league have been mostly good. Few not so good also tho

top of my head the good that played in the Dutch league before us is Larson , jvoh , samaras , van dijk , pierre.

qlthough there’s braided , hoiveld , sno but mostly been good

Hammy89 likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    You missed out our current Greek *

7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Simon Sohm. 21 year old DM from Parma I like the look of. 6'2 plus Looks pretty solid from the Wyscout stuff and not scared of a 50/50.

Not much recent footage of him on Youtube tho...

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Easier way to do it is offer him a high sign on fee that way keep down the wages at a reasonable rate so no one else’s nose gets out of joint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamRS likes this.
  9. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Always remember thinking Derk Boerrigter was goin to be phenomenal in our league but I do agree with the post along with Scandinavian leagues I'd like to see us tap into the Dutch league more they do seem to settle in quickly.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I doubt it’d even be that, probably between £30k-£40k. Bellotti was the highest wage on £60k to £70k according to a quick google, and they couldn’t afford to bump that up for an extension or maintain it. So I doubt Denayer would be in that bracket.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Dutch league is * weird for transfers, we got the top scorer for £2m odds last year, few years before that when we got Van Dijk it was below £2m according to Lennon despite being an absolute standout and choosing us over Ajax, but then some bang average guys go for a fortune. So with good scouting, possibly a gold mine to be fair. But it’s still * weird.

12. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    It is a strange one mate, Think its a bit like our own league maybe where players outside our leagues top 2 go for sweeties.
    Outside the big 3/4 over there there the transfer fees received are low the traditional big 3 get good money for there talent which is out of our price range & AZ seem to command decent fees but still achievable for us, In recent times they've sold Boadu & Koopmeiners for round about £12m-14m.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The fee for Koopmeiners was one I was specifically thinking of there, think in the end he went for about £12m, and for a guy like him it’s a ridiculous price. He’s £20m at least in this market. It’s a market I can never judge.

Giakoumakis signing last year, everybody was wondering just what was up with him to get the Eredevisie top scorer for that fee. Look at the start of his thread, people were scrambling trying to explain it. * steal now by the looks of it. So with proper scouting, definitely a market to look at outwith the top teams that demand a * of a lot of money.

On the SPFL point, think other teams are starting to click on to what they can demand, even two years ago I think Ramsay would have went to Liverpool for less than £2m.

Turnbulls right peg likes this.
  14. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Think Aberdeen tried to play hardball a wee bit with Liverpool but still ended up having to fold in incase the deal fell through I was actually thinking of Ramsay's deal when making the point compare him with Patterson there's not much in it yet the latter went for alot more money
    *Ramsay upfront £4m could reach £6.5m in add ons
    Patterson £12m upfront could end up £16 with add ons

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Patterson had Scotland games to fall back on, and a couple European ones. And at a bigger club. Ramsay had a good half season, Aberdeen playing hardball with that I find impressive, because years gone by I think it would be easy pickings for him at that stage in his career. I think teams in the league are starting to do that because we’ve had players go and be successful. Van Dijk leaving here for £12m and being probably the best defender in the world makes teams look at the league as something more viable, I don’t think we would have got £25m for Tierney without Van Dijk’s success.

16. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Think it goes back to my original point about the Dutch league and the lesser clubs getting lesser fees anything below the top 3 over there you can get a bargain for a player of similar ability/potential but because there smaller clubs they go for far less than they should, You could argue Patterson only got the international call ups because he was at rangers instead of aberdeen not because he was a better player. Ramsays stats were unreal last season for his position/age that was the reason Liverpool signed him up.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Definitely agree with that as well mate but he performed in the games he played, because without a shadow of a doubt last season the best Scottish right back was Ralston and didn’t get a look in. It’s a lot about perception when it comes down to it.

He’d also knocked back both Liverpool and Man Utd as a young boy apparently, so Liverpool must have been tracking him, and are much less scattergun with their money. They get the guys in they’ve been watching a * of a lot.

They also have Robertson and Van Dijk at them, they will have a much higher opinion of guys that have made a name in Scotland than a lot of other teams, especially the ‘elite’ teams. But we’re on a tangent here majorly, because the point you made with the Dutch league and that being the reason the market is difficult to judge there is spot on.

GG’s fee is still baffling though. Even underrated team and first proper great season you would think at least £5m or a lot more teams in for him at £1.5m odds. Mental.

Turnbulls right peg likes this.
  18. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    100% agree with the above and aye it is mental what we paid for GG it does make you worry a bit about bad attitude or a 1 season wonder etc but our scouts have done there homework this time. Went a wee bit off topic there too much time to think on the nightshift :61:

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye reading back GG’s transfer thread and first pages of his one here is interesting reading, everybody was trying to find an explanation of why it was that price, and were going overboard criticising because of it. Livi penalty didn’t help either tbf.

I’m still not entirely sure if not for Kyogo’s injury, and needing to rely on him, that he would have got the chance to prove himself here. By all accounts we didn’t have much of a scouting structure in place when Ange took over last year, been one of the things he’s focused on behind the scenes. Makes me think it’s a guy Ange was aware of himself like a lot of the others he went out his way to make sure were here.

Hearing Ange talk about speaking to a player to get a feel of their attitude first and foremost though, and what we’ve seen of GG and heard from him off the pitch, think if it was scouts that picked him out, that would have sealed it for Ange.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wilfried Gnonto that plays for Zurich Hearts are playing in Europe, 18, up for sale for €5m Leeds and Feyernood apparently in for him.

4 caps for Italy one goal, apparently a phenomenal talent. I’d be trying to highjack that and selling it as a CL team he’s going to if he does. €5m is madness for how highly rated he is.

Foley1888 likes this.