1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Would be a Good Move, but he's really injury prone now a days!

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Think it would be a great move for him, we all know he’s good enough for the level just about keeping fit.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    That would probably be the best move for him in reality. Man City are that good, they could rest him constantly and play him in the really big games. Cancelo and Ake can play at left back if he is out but he's that good, they should be willing to take a punt on him and see if they can get him fit. Even if they get 8 months out of him every season, they can really kick on. The problem at Arsenal for him is they absolutely need him. Zinchenko isn't the answer at left back either. He got away with it at Man City because they are that good but he's not a great left back. Done the job at city but he was vastly helped by the best team in the world.

Hope he goes though. My hate or bitterness for him has disappeared over the years. Hope he kicks on. I truly believe he's the best left back in the world when he's fit.

4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    If he returned to Celtic while still a good player than I would be very interested but I could not give 2 .hits if he joined Plastic City, yes .uck Plastic City!!

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Peps juice will sort out his injury issues.

Duncan likes this.
  6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    City have agreed a fee of 11 million for a left back from France

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought they’ve just signed Sergio Gomez from Anderlecht who’s Spanish.

snails67 likes this.
  8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Didn’t see the name properly on sky sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. davidhannah

Well see Tierney again in a Celtic Jersey but I believe he'll go the Barcelona or Real Madrid on the way.

The Scottish Braveheart would be one * of a signing for them.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    buchanbhoy likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Kieran Tierney has left the door open to a sensational Celtic return down the line.

The former Hoops defender is a die-hard supporter of the club and has revealed the heart-wrenching decision he made to leave for Arsenal back in 2019. A small section of the fanbase back then couldn't accept Tierney's exit and lobbed abuse at the man they'd idolised for years up until that point. KT, 25, admits that was an extremely difficult thing to handle and there were times when he struggled to sleep as he battled with his own choice to leave for the Premier League.

Speaking on BT Sport's Currie Club podcast Tierney revealed he was emotional during his final outing as a Celtic player as he expected to be sold - which he eventually was to the Gunners for £25million - and he still wishes his departure was done in a more pleasant way.

However, when asked by Chris Sutton if he'd ever return, the left-back was open to it potentially happening one day.

"I think when a player who loves the club leaves there's always that, 'what if he comes back' and you can't rule anything out," he said.

"I'm always going to love Celtic, I'm always going to support Celtic so you never know in football, you genuinely don't.

There was a stage I thought I would never leave Celtic, you never know what can happen like anything, you need to take it game by game."

On his exit Tierney said: "It was heartbreaking, it was tough. There were nights where you struggle to sleep and you're thinking about it, not that you regret the decision but the reaction and just how it's panned out.

"You think you just wish it was in a nicer way or you could say goodbye in a different way. But that's the way it panned out.

"No, I know (I didn't say goodbye), and I think that's why I was quite emotional during the Aberdeen game because I had the feeling Celtic were gonna sell and I'd move on. It was a tough few months because I was trying to do everything to get back fit and to play in the cup final but I was nowhere near it."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  12. Lewis Kerr

Seems like he's 3rd choice left back for Arsenal at the moment. Only started 2 Premier League games out of a possible 13 this season and he's been fit for all of them.

Zinchenko has been injured but Tomiyasu has got the nod at left back for the last 4 games. Can't imagine he'll be too happy on the bench most of the time, especially when he's behind a RB in the pecking order.

Is it delusional to think that we could get him back here in the next couple of years? I'd imagine he probably wants to continue playing down south or maybe even move abroad. But if he becomes available surely we'd have to ask the question.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No

14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    GT>KT

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree never been into a player who wants to leave for big bucks ( big celtic fan or not) then when things aren’t going quite how he planned, “ uch I’ve always got celtic to fall back on if things go * up), he can * off, like your burd dumping you cause she’s met some guy with money and thinks the grass is greener, then she realises hes a total * , he ditches her and she expects you to be sitting with open arms to take her back, nae chance

trackebhoy likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. stew37

Good strike from him the night for Arsenal.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Some finish

20. EddieBhoy1986

I wouldn't take him back even if Arsenal were willing to pay us. Hold no ill will for the lad and don't blame him for jumping at the chance to play at a higher level, but it's the bed he made for himself and he can sleep in it now.

He never did anything for us Greg Taylor isn't capable of.