1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

them * on the board would mud wrestle their granny for that tiny bit more . i dont know the ins and outs of how the champions league payments are structured i always imagined the tv coverage was the biggest slice of the pie

2. Keano88

It did used to be the highest earner, but now that they’ve added the 10 year coefficient thing we get more from that than tv money.

€15.6m for being in group stage
    €9m-€10m from 10 yr coefficient.
    €7m-€3.8m from tv money.
    Then the rest from ticket sales and gaining points in the group.

oh bhoy likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Last week am telling ye. Same happened with jota, giakomakis and CCV which ange confirmed where weeks in planning

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. TheHappyLoss

Think we will see one significant straight in the 11 signing and one other squad player. Hopefully not another end of life EPL player as that rarely works.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I get that it was important to sign CCV and Jota. Insanely important.

But after that it shouldn't just be about squad depth. We need a couple players to still instantly be classed as challenging those on the first XI.

Was hoping for a midfielder to do that. And another winger.

The striker I could imagine it being a project type which is fine.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I look at it in terms of financial years and I know fees are paid out over length of contracts etc but we literally broke even in terms of player trading last year if the figures are correct. We signed only jota for any cash this financial year. Our turnover will be well over £100m which means we must be looking to either build the bank balance back up or maybe start the plans for in and around the stadium we had. That’s not to say we won’t spend but people thinking we get CL and we then go daft is wrong on so many levels like I said before the most we have spent after qualifying was in 2013 we spent £2.3m on pukki

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Signing players to add depth doesn't necessarily mean they can't improve the team and stake a case for a starting berth.

10. Thebs

I think if Ange picked our best starting 11 it would be the same as last year. Depth has been added but I can't see any of them pushing into the 11. Had hope for bernabei but considering he had a full preseason and 2 league games under his belt he can't get ahead of taylor who we know will be a weak link in europe. Not replacing Rogic will make things harder.

Ultimately the squad depth has been added to help keep rotation for the league. We are very capable of winning the league with this team and I believe we will. Have we shown any ambition to at least try and compete in Europe? No, from a signing point of view we are not coming back "bigger and better". It will be down to the players we have to do that with another year of experience at angeball.

Any further signings will just be a last minute loan for a player surplus to requirements at his home club.

Rogicisgod likes this.
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This exactly.

Will someone give this * a recruitment gig at the club ffs.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ask John Kennedy politely and he might. Guys a * legend.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Think a dm and thats that.

We cant keep countless players happy being 3rd choice.

Offload a few and that would be suffice.

14. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I know it’s easier said than done but let’s get rid of the deadwood that is sucking the club dry.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't disagree but I don't think the likes of Mooy for instance do that as hes not hugely different to players we have there already

I was hoping for £4-6m on a midfielder with different attributes to anything we have.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE POSTECOGLOU admits he is preparing for a hectic end to the transfer window.

The Celtic boss has made six signings but is keen on more and could move fringe players on.

He said: “There are one or two areas that I would like to bring in, but it has to be the right sort of players.

“We are definitely still active and looking at what options may be available.

“In general, I think this transfer window is going to be pretty hectic in the last couple of weeks.

“I suggest there could be some opportunities there for us.

“In terms of outgoings there are players who aren’t getting a lot of opportunities.

“I am not having discussions with anyone on a daily basis on what their future should be, as that’s really up to them.

“I am not one to try and convince people to stay and I am not going to persuade anyone to go.

“But the reality is that some people will get less opportunities and if that’s not sufficient for them then they can explore other opportunities.”

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not expecting anything major, but it's good to hear we're still actively looking at potential improvements.

Doubt we'll sign any more players across the back 5 positions as we're well covered there. You'd have to assume it's the right wing, maybe a 3rd striker... and then maybe the midfield?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has revealed Celtic are in the market for more signings before the transfer window closes on September 1. The Hoops are looking to retain the Scottish Premiership title and are also embracing a return to the Champions League this season.

Aaron Mooy, Benjamin Siegrist and Moritz Jenz have all joined Postecoglou's side while Jota, Daizen Maeda and Cameron Carter-Vickers have made their loan moves permanent this summer. However the Aussie coach isn't quite done there as he seeks strength and depth in every position.

Asked if their was any particular areas of the team he would like to strengthen, he told BBC Sportsound: "Yeah look there's nothing specific. I think we are probably looking at people to round off our squad

I still think if I can find a player or two who can play in more than one position in the way we play, I think that will help us in terms of what's ahead so again there's no specific area. It's more getting somebody in who is going to fit in with the group as well.

"You know we have got a really strong mentality in this group of players and anyone coming in needs to have that ambition as well."

19. Foley1888

To hazard a guess I think we are looking at someone that can play wide or as one of the attacking midfielders or through the middle up top.

The other I would hope would be another CM option who has some stature and a good ball winner and distributor from deep like Owusu we were linked with from Gent a while back but he’s injured now.

Other than that I don’t see us improving much on who we have now unless we lost someone. If Juranovic did go now or in January I would go for the Bodo right back Alfons Sampstead.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Won't be the 6 I don't think and we're well covered in the centre back and full back position's..

Be a couple of forward thinking player's no doubt if it's to be a couple. A wide man that can possibly play 8 similar to the boy Collado we were linked with and a striker who can play wide....maybe a Mmaee type..

Would be fairly happy with something like the above. A left footed player who can play off the right or inside one and a different option for the roles up top..

Disappointing if there's no 6 but we'll still be quite strong with that and hopefully getting Ajeti and some other's out..