1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Juranovic for me is more composed than Ralston and Ralston always looks like he’s at maximum effort. Which is commendable but JJ competes and always looks more relaxed about it that’s there only difference. I think JJ will be better in CL and Ralston is more effective agains the rock throwers in our league.

however if we can pick up 15/20m and that will be redirected straight back into replacement and other new players than I would say it’s worth doing.

2. KG-Henrik

If he starts the season well and has a good World Cup. Then cash in for the maximum amount in January is probably a no brainer. Especially if the rich English sides are interested.

I think we’d be lucky to get close to 20mil as I don’t see him being a number 1 pick at the likes of Chelsea. 16/18m is my estimate but hopefully we shaft a desperate Man Utd for 20+

3. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

If your talking about clubs the size of Man U or Chelsea then I'd say they'd happily pay 20m plus for a stand in full back, thats not big money for those clubs. I'd be * off to let him go, but its a no brainer if we could get 20 mil plus for a guy that we signed for 2mil only a year ago. You cant turn down a profit margin like that

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Either way, reckon he will be away at the end of the season. Doubt he will go to a top 6 club, likely be Everton or similar.
    So I guess we now need to start planning for his departure. Doubtful there's anyone in SPL that could step up

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I don't think he's going anywhere. Man Utd and West Ham are the only clubs I can think of that are actively looking for a right back. West Ham are close to signing the boy from PSG. Man Utd probably will pay £40m for someone like Max Aarons instead of £18m for JJ.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Hah, that is exactly how pathetic that club has become. Actually mind baffling how they can be so useless at transfers.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Josip Juranovic has been the subject of the transfer gossip rumour mill in recent days, with various outlets reporting that teams in the English Premier League are interested in his services.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou was asked about his progress at the club over the last 12 months, and the Bhoys boss was adamant he is motivated to do well in Glasgow.

Speaking to a press conference which 67 Hail Hail attended, Postecoglou said: “Josip’s fit in really well. He had a strong season for us last year. Like the rest of the group, he’s come back this year looking to be better.

That’s our job – to make sure we keep improving these guys and challenging them. Josip is one of those players.

“He’s got a big year ahead of him. Obviously, he’s got a World Cup to look forward to as well. I know he’s very, very motivated to do well for this football club. My role is to make sure we keep pushing these guys to be the best they can be.”

Despite gossip surrounding the Croatian all summer, it really doesn’t feel like Juranovic is agitating for a move away.

9. RiquelmeCSC

Only Josip could make Irvine Beach look like the Mediterranean.

stew37 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    You wouldn't think that was Irvine beach

12. davidhannah

Good to see him spending the day with the gaffer. The gaffer wants him to stay.

13. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    That's his Mrs. he's at the beach with mate, not Ange.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. stew37

He's here forever.

15. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    He was there with Ange as well.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ange is cracking in a dress man

17. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    Is he aye?

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NO matter who a footballer is, or the size of the club they play for, the mention of their name in the same sentence as the likes of Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United is bound to * their ears up a little.

That has been the scenario for Josip Juranovic this summer, who despite being content at Celtic, has admitted he is aware of reports linking him with a potential move to some of the major clubs in the ‘big five’ leagues.

For some managers, such stories would be a source of concern, not only because they may lose a key asset, but that the player may become unsettled while he is still at their club. Ange Postecoglou though, doesn’t see things that way.

For Ange Postecoglou, the interest in his right-back is a compliment both to the player and to the club, and the platform they have given him to show his talents on a big stage.

And as long as he continues to keep his head down and work as hard as he has done during his year at Celtic so far, Postecoglou says everything else will take care of itself.

“It shows he’s playing well and it also shows what can happen if you play well for this football club,” Postecoglou said.

“This is a fantastic platform for anyone. Josip had a strong year last season and he wants to get even better.

“He had a strong pre-season and he’s working hard. It’s a big year for him with the World Cup, so there’s a lot of him at club and international level. He wants to be at his best and my job is to keep pushing him to be the best he can.

“The talk doesn’t affect me, mate. Whether it affects the player then he’s the one you need to ask.

“I just look at how they play, train and behave and I’ve seen no change with anyone in the group. If I do, then I address it. Ultimately it’s not something I go around asking them on a daily basis.

“It’s about how they conduct themselves when they are with us representing this football club.

“Josip and all the other boys are working hard in training and performing at good levels.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ye no see the photos?

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We've been slowly upping our asking price for first team players with a few years on their contract.

Wanyama 12.5m > Van Dijk 15m > Dembele 20m > Tierney 25m

If there's interest in Josip then bidding should start at 30m. 15m is pocket change to the sort of clubs who are supposedly interested.