1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sentinel

Biscuit tin is back bhoys.

2. themouth1888

I'll be honest I'm disappointed we haven't made a marquee signing especially in defensive midfield.

We are in the CL so should be able to attract a better kalibre of player unless the SPL is viewed as being that bad.

TheHappyLoss and Lewis Kerr like this.
  3. oh bhoy

It had crossed my mind that they may be waiting to see if sevco make the groups and would have to share all that tv money

4. celtic warrior

See now for whatever I didn't actually consider the huns involvement...that would make for a more logical case than my thinking which was the board seeing who get in the groups

Seeing if we have to split revenue with huns makes 100% more sense as to why for argument sake, transfers are not being completed until after that's been decided.

5. Lewis Kerr

If we don't get two more key players this window will have been severely underwhelming. That's undeniable imo

Also, waiting to see whether the huns qualify for the CL to trigger our potential incomings is a new low, ffs

6. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Mark Lawwell effect

Keano88 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  7. celtic warrior

I'd say 1 key player in a CDM mould would completely change the Outlook of our window.

The importance if retaining Jota and CCV, while bringing in Bernabei should not be lost because it was done so early.

Signing Siegrist, Jenz and Mooy (Even if I still don't see why he was signed) are all within merit, very astute signings.

We didn't need Celtic and Ange to go out and buy a whole new squad again, but retain Jota and CCV and supplement the positions like GK LB to offer better quality in rotation which they have done.

The only key position that needs desperate attention is CDM otherwise regardless, this has still been a very good window.

8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Nice?

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If we wait to see what they do, the board just confirms that they have learned * all because that was what initially cost us the 10. The board was tight as * just because the huns died, while we could bury them forever with some spending. They invited them back in.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I don’t know what people are wanting. I’m usually the first one to berate our transfer dealings but we’re all set as far as I’m concerned.

See this mythical CDM destroyer that everyone is banging on about? He needs to be comfortable receiving the ball with his back to goal on our 18 yard box from the keeper. Otherwise our entire system will collapse on its *.

Who is this CDM that people think we’re getting? Someone that is physically strong, can get about the park, can sense danger, is technically comfortable on the ball, can take the ball in tight, pressurised situations, and is progressive in his passing.

That’s N’Golo Kante or Casemiro, and quite frankly we could have the two of them in midfield and still get gubbed in the groups.

Jacob knows likes this.
  11. celtic warrior

It is certainly difficult to find that talent within a CDM role...because the type of player we need who I'll try and explain below...would in reality be of a level that we couldn't afford.

Basically how I see it, is a CDM who is about as technical as say McGregor, but just a bit more physical and can read a tackle and pass to intercept play better...thus allowing McGregor to play more further forward and allow for a more fluid link between defence and attack.

Wishful thinking obviously as that type of player is largely unattainable if say, we maybe found something close to it in Souza but obviously he had no interest of stepping foot anywhere near Scotland.

12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Heard marsch from leeds interviewed talking about how they done all their intended business early to maximise the settling in of new and old players.then they could look at early games and identify little areas they can address as issues are identified in early competitive games. Think that rings very true for what ange and the board are at. I don't think I we are currently interested in doing anything and haven't been for weeks. Still fancy us to do some loan business at the very end of the window

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. horseshoe

I genuinely can't understand the 'biscuit tin' comments this window, how much have we spent just keeping hold of Jota and CCV? Then Bernabei on top of that. Even when we * the 10 under Lennon we spent a fair whack on players and loan fees, the biscuit tin mentality hasn't been here for a long while, the problem before this last season was spending money on the wrong players, not a lack of spending itself.

14. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I dont agree with the biscuit tin thingy, but a rebuild cost money, and the rebuild is not done. We have been penny pinching for years, so to spend over the top this window when we are guaranteed CL football makes all sense for me.

15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We basically need a CDM in the same mould as 2012 Wanyama, which isn't an easy task.

Still, we could be doing with another Defensive Midfielder 100%, especially with Bitton leaving.

celtic warrior likes this.
  16. Keano88

Tv money is only like €7m now so surely not.

Either we get the whole €7m or €3.85m, due to the 55/45 split. (Pretty sure that’s the split anyway last I checked)

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou insists Celtic are not in talks with any transfer targets despite being linked with Alex Collado.

The Barcelona forward spent last season on loan at Granada but is now back with Xavi’s first team squad ahead of La Liga kicking off this Saturday. Reports in Spain claimed that the Hoops see Collado as a good loan option to come in and compete with the likes of Jotaand Daizen Maeda for the wide positions.

Postecoglou is keen to bolster his numbers at the top end of the pitch. But he’s denied that the champions are currently in negotiations with any potential new recruits. The Aussie didn’t rule out a move for Collado, but said that transfers are the door are more imminent than further adding to the squad as things stand. However, with a little under two weeks of the transfer window to go, Postecoglou is still keeping an eye out for deals that would interest him.

If I was going to speak about specific players, I’d be here all year,” he said. “Whilst the window’s open, we’ve done most of our business. The stuff we needed to do, we’ve done, but we’ll stay active. There’s still the possibility of some guys moving out and we’re still keen to bring maybe one or two in, but it has to be the right ones

At the moment, we’re not in talks or negotiations with any players linked to us anyway. It’s not coming from us. But we’ll stay active for the next couple of weeks and see how things go.

Asked if players would have to be moved on before any more are brought in, Postecoglou told Sky Sports: “Not necessarily. As I said, we’re in a position where we’re happy with the business we’ve done. It was important for us that we signed Jota and Cameron (Carter-Vickers) on a permanent basis. The players we’ve brought in have made our squad stronger so it’s about the right ones now. If they’re available, then we’ll move for them.”

Gazzi79 likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Couple more will definitely come in.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Mon Ange, get a move on..