1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Incredible goal. His shooting from distance was his biggest weakness last season. If he can get another few like that then he'll be unstoppable.

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Such a classy player already, he’s going to terrorise every team we play.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we are to do anything in Europe this season he's going to be at the forefront.

We could do with another winger in his mould. Haksabanovic looks like he has a trick or two.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jota insisted his blinding strike to sink Aberdeen was one of the best of his career. But hardline boss Ange Postecoglou warned the Portuguese pin-up against being wasteful after admitting Celtic’s hero was a main culprit of overall slackness during a mid-match lull.

Jota ’s stunning second-half effort added to Stephen Welsh ’s early header to give the champions a 2-0 win to start their title defence. It was a breathtaking effort from the £6million man who, when asked if he’d scored one better, said: “This one was probably one of the best, yeah.

It was definitely a good moment for me and in my career. I just got the opportunity to shoot and it went in. I get on the pitch and sometimes I just go blind! Sometimes it’s difficult to listen to what is happening in the stands because we are so focused on doing the right thing that we just go blind. It’s a flow moment. I was very happy.”

Postecoglou, though, made it clear that Jota had not always been glorious throughout and pinpointed a sloppy spell prior to the interval which he had along with several colleagues. The boss said: “There is no doubt the boy has talent and he is determined to be the best footballer he can be.

“But, he was one of the main culprits in the last 15 minutes of the first half. He was wasteful with the ball and he gave away possession when he didn’t have to.

“These are the kind of things we have to avoid. We have to keep these guys on track and not let them get away from the things we want them to do.

The good thing is he addressed it at half-time and in the second half, not just his goal, but his general play was really good. He was dangerous, threatening and doing the team stuff as well. I didn’t shout. At the same time, you need to address the issues at hand

You can’t just dismiss the last 15 minutes of the first half. There are lessons in there for everyone.”

Jota admitted himself that not everything was perfect with the performance, but it was a special strike to seal the deal. He said: “We started well, intense and pressing good. Then we had a sloppy moment, but we got back on it and I think this is the way football works.

“We can never be 100 percent every game. We want to be, but there will be moments when we won’t be as good. With our principles or our game, the high tempo, we just have to get better and I think we are going to a good place.

We aim to be always on it, trying to score, playing positive football. Sometimes we cannot score a lot of goals, but you have to keep on trying, be in the right spots and finish with quality.”

Jota savoured the scoring moment with his adoring Celtic fanbase and smiled: “I think it was everything, not just that moment. Just being part of this football club and the philosophy that runs now throughout the club,

"I’m just grateful for everything. It’s good to be back, it’s good to do the things I love the most, which is to play football.

The most important thing for me was that we started on the right foot this season in the Scottish league, so now we have to keep working and be better in every game. We are not in last season, everything starts from zero now. Everyone has the same points, so we are not focusing on last season. We want to send a message to the league that we want to be strong in every game and this team is hungry for more and more.”

Celtic are at the top of the table after week one. Having lost three of their opening six Premiership matches last term, it’s a positive opening. Jota said: “Of course, every Celtic team wants to be on top. I wasn’t here in the beginning last year, but we were behind.

“Every season is different, but the team who is going to win is the most consistent team and the one that develops better and keeps at a good level. We just think game after game, we don’t think to January or May or whatever. It’s just game after game and training after training.”

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Liam Scales likes this.
  5. jamiebhoy67

He's no gonna be here long is he what a player

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    What a * player!

7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Such a good player and a lovely man.

I definitely would.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Get in line, *.

bagforlife, Hammy89 and Liam Scales like this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You Jota have faith lol hh

Rydo1888* and Hammy89 like this.
  10. Paty bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Think this young lad is going to get even better this year, he is such a positive player and seems to love playing for us, benfica must have some pretty decent wingers if jota isn’t got a look in

11. Maestro 08

Inspiring stuff pal

12. MAP

Prefer him on the left!

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Think we’ll get a couple of seasons out of him yet. He obviously loves the club and fans and he also clearly loves Glasgow.

What a strike man. Could watch it all day.

bagforlife likes this.
  14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Unreal strike from this bhoy yesterday, a screamer that came at a good time as the nerves were starting to come. Phenomenal talent.

Love his interviewss aswell man, intelligent wee guy and handdome as * lol.

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  15. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He is not worth as much as Shirley,shurley

16. davidhannah

An oven ready finish. Comes from having that individual quality. Jota's class won us the game. That goal gives me a lot of confidence that he'll hit one like that against the European giants we'll face. Exciting times ahead.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    'Don't let these * back into it' when 5-0 up is hilarious patter imo

Rydo1888* and AdamRS like this.
  20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player: