1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer window summer 22

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jake10, Jun 1, 2022.

Discuss Transfer window summer 22 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Just feel there will be one more big signing in the CCV, Jota price range.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I find the mooy signing a bit worrying in so much does this mean we're not going to sign a quality cdm - * hope not because a cdm and cb are needed -dont have anything against mooy but he is not a cdm

3. TheHappyLoss

We don’t really need a defensive midfield player against 10/11 teams in our league or cups. Maybe need one against the huns, though we have played them off the park without one. Need one for Champions League though. So in total 10 out of 50 odd games tops. Must be hard to justify the outlay on that or attract one that’s only needed for a fraction of our games.

88jimmij88 likes this.
  4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    You could argue when we go to tough away grounds like Livingston, Aberdeen, Hearts abd Hibs etc, you need one to play there and give us a bit of dig in the midfield.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We've also been bullied by Lundstram.

I sort of understand why people say an out and out defensive midfielder isn't necessary in a lot of our domestic games. But Wanyama started every game for us when he was fit and we were better off for it. Just because someone is defensively sound doesn't mean they can't offer anything on the ball.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I mean, I think the complaints are justified. Are some over the top? Of course, but it's incredibly lazy scouting from us.

Jenz is a player that was linked to us last year, and has had a poor season at Lorient. Mooy isn't the type of 6 we've been crying out for, and wouldn't be near us if he wasn't known to the manager.

Now, I want to go on about that last point "Known to the manager". In most, if not all, instances, it's been positive with Ange, but he shouldn't be doing all of the scouting, that should be Lawell's job, who has, at best, scouted Bernabei.

I'm still over-all happy with the window so far, but the last few days have definitely been a downer.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

Agree with some of that but Scottish football was way better when Wanyama was here, 10 of the teams are garbage now. The huns are decent but we are better. Will a defensive midfield player get us through the CL? Not sure it will. Would love a hard * in midfield but it isn’t needed for the vast majority of our games that’s the problem attracting one and committing the outlay. Actually a lot of fans would moan like * if we played a defensive midfield player against Motherwell and * like that.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Was it? Think Scottish football has been dross for years tbh. Regardless, when he was here we were still miles ahead of the rest of the league, same as now (huns aside).

I agree that a defensive mid isn't going to make a huge difference in the CL, unless we play more defensive football. But it could be massive for us in the EL if we end up there.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  10. Pearse67*

Mooy and this lad from lorient, * * they must of been well down the list of targets.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    League was pretty poor in 2013 especially

12. TheHappyLoss

Don’t disagree, just can see why it may be a problem getting one. Obviously Scottish football has been a low standard for decades, but just feel the 10 in the league now are worse than ever.

13. G40B

The board must be loving the ‘trust Ange’ patter. It’s the new ‘we’re just waiting to see if we qualify before spending’ fallacy.

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Youve been dying to moan. You were giving it the Lawwells back patter before we signed Jota

15. G40B

Fair enough, the board got him in - brilliant.

However, I refuse to believe Mooy and this Lenz dud are even in the top 10 on Ange’s list.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the board reigned the budget in after seeing the dross Sevco are signing.

16. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thought you'd * off to the moon ya *.

17. G40B

Cringe.

18. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Am not exactly excited by the idea of Mooy either but I thinks that's mainly down the fact we got hyped about potential signing of Souza. Don't know much about this Mooy but I'd imagine he will be better than McCarthy and idegeuci from what I seen so far. If he is better than those 2 and is only here to cover a year then maybe isnt a terrible move. Just hope Mooy is in addition to the two signings Ange mentioned earlier in the week as opposed to part of the two signings.

Still hoping the window has one more signing of real quality, either in the CB or DM position.

19. Thebs

Maybe our budget was spent on jota and CCV, souza was only rumours. rest will be filled with loans and free transfers.

Considering both were with us already last season and we have lost rogic and Bitton. Will we be going into the new season stronger?

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Surely its not Jenz and Mooy.

If they come in and its our last business I’ll greet.

Mr Shelby likes this.