1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranovic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by GavCFC1, Aug 21, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranovic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If you play in Scotland and a club like Atletico want you, you'd take that as a compliment. They are a club that wins leagues and European trophies.
    People need to stop expecting players to want to spend their careers with us

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    And the fact we’re next door to the biggest league on the planet that 99% of footballers will grow up dreaming of playing in these days.

Different debate but the fact we’re so far behind the likes of Ajax and Salzburg is criminal considering the position we’re in. Get the club running to even close to its potential and we’ve got potentially the biggest platform and selling point of any club in Europe outside the top 5 leagues.

Really need to look to become the best destination in Europe for young talent over the next 5-10 years.

3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nail on the head there. If a player signs for us and is over the moon to join us and then attracts the attention of Athletico then good on you, you earned that. I want to keep him and I think we will for one more season, then we will undoubtedly make a ridiculous profit on him. He will go with the best wishes and then reinvest.

Until something radical changes the world of football or in our league we have to accept if we come across a world talent (which I believe juranovic to be), someone in this big world is going to take notice and there going to have the money to get what they want.

Certainly don't think juranovic come here with a 'this will do for now' attitude

4. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

* sometimes

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I meant to post this in the zombie thread :fear:

Skelleto, Rydo1888* and Avatar Daizen like this.
  6. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

I’ve read his comments and can’t understand why folk are assuming he’s looking for a move. Of course you’d be happy with big clubs looking at you, it means you’re good at your job. I hope more big clubs are interested next season as well cause that will mean he’s done well for us again. A more worrying situation would be no big clubs interested in your best players…Kent, Morelos, Tav :giggle1:

craigtheceltic and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Another insta story hinting he’s happy and at home :50: done it a few weeks ago when there was a lot of talk of him going aswell.

8. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    I have no idea how you took that from his quotes. He stated that he hoped there was truth behind the interest (presumably because it's nice to be recognized by clubs like Atletico!) but, crucially, then immediately went on to add that he didn't care and didn't even ask management about it, because he's at a big club already and is focused on this season with Celtic.

I'd say that's pretty unequivocal.

9. aliceinsound

Well no, he kinda admitted he would be interested in a move to Atletico Madrid, but that he's not actively looking to make it happen. A completely reasonable response most of our players past or present would have

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    One more season out of him. Sell with 3 years left and him approaching 28.

Makes sense. £20m or so next summer after a good world Cup and CL winners medal.

Sorted.

11. GavCFC1

Right back :50:

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Nobody is disagreeing about madrids statute fact is their is no need to move right away after one season their will be offers next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Excellent news that athletico are looking elsewhere I do t begrudge juranovic his move would just prefer it to be next season so we have strongest back four possible for champions league this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Most comments like this get lost in translation I think. He’s clearly happy here.

I’d love at least 2 more seasons out of him but he’s obviously ambitious and I won’t grudge him a move if he has a class season and makes us big dosh.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JOSIP JURANOVIC insists he's 'very lucky' to be at Celtic and revealed he loves his life in Glasgow.

The Croatian international full back was linked with a big-money move to Atletico Madrid in the summer after a superb opening season for the Hoops following his move from Legia Warsaw.

However, in Croatian lifestyle magazine 'Story', Juranovic has underlined how happy he is at Celtic.

He stressed: "We all know what kind of club Celtic were when they used to be in the Champions League.

"Celtic are one of the best clubs in Europe. They get fantastic media coverage and they have great fans.

"When I was at Legia Warsaw and heard that Celtic were looking for me and the coach called me, I didn't hesitate for a second. It's another big step in my career, and I'm very lucky to have signed for them.

I knew the captain Callum McGregor before I signed because we played against each other for Croatia against Scotland. There is a photo when I've got the ball and he's behind me trying to tackle me which we have a laugh about.

"As for Glasgow, it is a beautiful city, historically rich, but also modern. I like it and most importantly, the people are friendly and pleasant.
    "I have had no awkward situations with either Rangers or Celtic fans and it's been a wonderful experience.

"The Scots are pleasant, you feel like you're at home, they ask for a photo, they invite you for a drink. Warm people."

And Juranovic revealed his background means he values quality of life ahead of financial gain

He explained: "My values are all about family, honesty and being a good person.

"I look at money in such a way that I can be sure my family, future wife and children do no not lack anything. I think everyone who works thinks that way.

"I never thought I was a star. This is my job, which I will do for a few year or so, and then I will do something else.

But I have to work - I never want to be unemployed. I want to make the best of my life, but I have to work.

I used to help a friend who had a cafe, I was also a waiter. I was a good waiter - I loved talking to the customers and nothing ever fell off my tray

Rydo1888* and AussieGreek like this.
  16. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well nothing might have fell of your tray but you were deffo to slow in the Rapid and Blackburn games for the opening goals so instead of doing Manuel impersonations try doing Danny McGrain ones instead

Jacob knows likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

Daddy chill

18. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That's a bit harsh...

19. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    but true

20. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I know. Calmac sold a really cheap goal against Blackburn too - it's just players dusting off the cobwebs. :)