1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Mooy

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by AussieGreek, Jun 29, 2021.

Discuss Aaron Mooy in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Mooy is the type of player we desperately needed in games like the semi against rangers.
    Getting a bit roughed up in midfield by jack and lundstrum, McGregor was pretty much on his own considering hatate wasn’t up for it.
    I have a feeling that game would have gone differently with a player like mooy in midfield.

2. celtic warrior

I'm sure he'd be a solid performer for us.

But I just get this feeling....he ain't playing 2 90 minutes every 4(ish) days I can't see him play regular enough to warrant what he'd cost in wages as well as then trying to accommodate Hatate and O'Riley who should be the other 2 fighting most for a starting 11 place.

Do O'Riley and Hatate play less games to accommodate McGregor and Mooy?

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    We play 60 odd games a season. Everyone will get a turn

George Theodorou and Artorias like this.
  4. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Have you not realised by now that ange talks * and consistently misleads the media when it comes to transfers..

This isn't a rumour, it's being reported as a done deal.

AussieGreek likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    This season we will play far less with no qualifying. Last season we played 14 European and 8 Cup games. We will get 8 European matches if we do well, and that's a * relief.

martin_d likes this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

“Averaging over a couple tackles a game and an interception a game in the EPL” doesn’t exactly sound like someone who is a “fantastic player at breaking up play”

martin_d likes this.
  7. Keano88

Wasn’t he more attack minded at that stage of his career though? I always assumed he was more of an 8.

8. Mr Cleansheets

He was an 8 / 10, but these days more of a 6 / 8.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Honestly, I’ll just reiterate that Ange’s judgement is good enough for me. I’d have taken him at Huddersfield in an instant, if he think’s he can use him, it’s financially suitable for us and he’ll be an asset I’m all for it.

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    No a big deal but why do people like to add a year or 2 onto a player s age, he’s 31 which by the way in terms of football players nowadays isn’t that old at all, definitely reserve judgment not seen enough of him but certainly not going to start moaning and voicing disapproval of a signing before giving the guy a chance, think ange has proved last season unlike the snake he has an eye for a player

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A thought that was his player ratings yous were talking about at first

12. davidhannah

I want to get behind the player I've never heard of him or seen him play. I'm listening to that Ryan118 vlogger.

Mooy has 96 premier league appearances. English Championship full season with Huddersfield. He's played in Scotland. He's married to a Scottish lassie. 31. Ozzy International 53 appearances at World Cups etc.

A one year contract is being offered. I'm excited to be talking all things celtic transfer. Bring him into Celtic Park. You go for it. Mooy the Bhoy.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    Couscous, AussieGreek and The_Bhoy like this.
  13. murphy88

A relief that if we do well we will be knocked out of Europe in the first knockout round? I wouldn’t say it was a relief to be honest.

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He's 32 at the start of next month I believe

15. oh bhoy

while im not jumping for joy at the thought of this it would be a player that ange wants as opposed to some unknown who could be a hit or a miss.if hes back up and can cover a couple of positions for a season possibly 2 im not that bothered .if thats the only midfielder we sign then its a problem

16. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't get this one personally. I haven't seen a lot of Mooy but what I did see was when he was playing in the English Premier league(presumably at his peak) and he didn't seem anything other than ordinary. He's neither the strong, ball-winning, physical presence we need in the middle of the park nor the creative, goal-scoring attacking midfielder we need to replace Rogic.

Mr Shelby and davidhannah like this.
  17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    When you compare it to Souza, it’s not the 3 and a bit he’s averaging a game in the Belgium league. But he was going to cost £7m+ and he didn’t want to come here. When you compare it to the lads from South America, they are similar stats to what they are doing in the Argentinian league, and will cost ~£5m. It may not be fantastic to you, but it’s comparable and available for free.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    And 10 as well I'm sure..

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Souza was being brought in as a defensive midfielder. Not a deep lying playmaker, like Mooy/Michut/Vera would be.

Ultimately, I think we should be spending the money on the boy from PSG or Vera from the Argentinian league. Especially if it's our only midfielder. We know PSG want £5m but widespread reports say we will do business somewhere in the middle. The boy Vera obviously looks like he will cost a bit more.

I watched the game for Australia against Peru. Mooy seemed fine. Played well enough. He certainly didn't stand out the way you said he did but in fairness to him, it was a rank game of football to watch and it wasn't like he needed to really dictate the game. He seemed fine though, even though there seems to be a gross over reaction to his actual performance.

Certainly didn't scream presence in the middle of the park, which is what I think we need.

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    2 years younger than when we signed some wee unknown Slovak that was only getting signed cause he was pals with the manager ,just saying lol

apevrak and Liam Scales like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.