1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Non media rumours

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Non media rumours in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gary88

I did and I think he makes some fair points that I agree with and your response twice was go back to follow follow

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Either way you slice it - Kyogo, GG and Larsson are some * options up top. Incredible striking options for a combined fee of around £7m.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Only point he made was dont touch because his second name is larsson
    Made out that his contract was torn up as if he’s a poor player when we all know it’s to do with the situation with Russia said he’s not a starter for Sweden whilst omitting the fact a terrific player in isak is in front of him
    Said his record is woeful …. Expecting the boy to be Scoring bucket load since he became a pro all neg no positive points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. gary88

I never seen comments regarding contract situation apologies just noticed comments I agreed with regarding we probably wouldn't be interested if he wasn't henriks son and record so far hasn't been that impressive

5. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Bring him home. He'll be fantastic addition.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

6. Foley1888

On Jordan Larsson on a free transfer I would take him, but more to play as an option off the wing coming in or even off the striker if we went to a double pivot on occasion with McGregor and a new DM as the other two centre mids. We almost ended up doing that having Rogic in midfield anyway as he offered very little defensively.

He is quick and left footed something we don’t have at the moment for the wide forward positions. He can beat a man, again something that we don’t have beyond Jota and Johnston but he is never fit.

He is coming into his peak years at 25 and I think under a good coach like Ange and possibly input from Kewell as a successful forward/ winger himself could prove to be an excellent bit of business.

Looking a little out the box at CB options who are good at bringing the ball out from the back and in our price range.

James Gomez, 20 at Horsens in Denmark, is a Gambian international CB who is around 6’2, is quick, strong in duels both in the air and on the ground and has a good passing range. He is untested at a high level but has the attributes to develop into a real good CB.

The other is Michael Ologo who is a Nigerian CB playing in Turkey. Has very similar attributes to Gomez and is also untested at a high level but has the attributes to develop into a good ball playing CB. He is only 19 as well.

Neither would cost much and would both have a lot of potential upside. You could even sign one of them and loan them back to their club for a season to allow them to test themselves in either the Danish or Turkish top flight.

Edit sorry the second part of the above should have been in player suggestions.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    The one player who is exactly like that is so quick it’s hard to see him, or in this case remember him… just in case that doesn’t jog your memory… Maeda.

8. Foley1888

Yeah Maeda is quick but he isn’t really a dribbler, he doesn’t carry the ball and is more like Abada in an attacking sense in that he looks to get on the end of things in and around the box or play a square ball across the box.

No doubting his pace but a very different type of winger. Larsson looks to have a trick and quick feet to get him past people and away from a marker.

martin_d likes this.
  9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yes I agree with that assessment, pedantic me thinks you should have said we don’t have a tricky fast left footed winger. Tricky being the word that stands them apart.

Foley1888 likes this.
  10. Foley1888

Me being pedantic Maeda isn’t left footed, despite playing off the left. The other thing Larsson would bring is a left footed set piece taker.

martin_d likes this.
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :56:Got me there, for some reason I 100% thought he was left footed.

Me —-> :rip_1:

Foley1888 likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Bit racist mate, that was Naka.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    On Jordan Larsson, 18 months ago we wouldn’t be able to afford buying him or of we could it wouldn’t have been worth the price.

Him being available on a bosman is a no brainer for me, he’s grew up a mad Tim that is something that counts purely because he knows the demands that he’d be under before signing, no culture shock or adapting. I’d want him on talent alone outwith that, if it was an option but that fact makes it better and a easy yes to trying.

The only bad point towards signing him for me, is he’s Henrik’s boy, he’s the spit of his Da and our fans can get majorly overexcited and demand too much with * like that. If he signs, we need to make sure we take him as his own man. Not his Da, unless we just take an extra shine to him because of that, and not compare. Because that’s * unfair to any player. Even the best I’ve seen for us outwith Henrik. Nobody compares.

buchanbhoy and martin_d like this.
  14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    That’s a bit Scottish mate… either is or isn’t in Australia :fear:

Never saw Naka play for Celtic except to say I watched YouTube of him. His free kick hype is real, what a talent.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    * sake, super racism that, just cause it’s the Southern Hemisphere man

* me, it scares me there’s Tims that didny see Naka, never mind Henrik or Lubo man.

His freekicks were that good, it’s overshadows how * good he was in general far too much. Like Lyon’s Juninho.

Nobody remembers enough how good they were the rest of the team because they were frightening with a dead ball.

Edit: not a word of a lie, Craig Levein once set up his team man marking and on the goal line any free kick, cos he said ‘a wall would be pointless’. Guys a complete *, but that’s always been hilarious for me, cos that Dundee United team would always gee us a * good game

16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I still haven’t got you lads in your racism banter, so I might steer clear here.

Haven’t seen Lubo but I’ve watched some stuff on Henrik.

Sadly you rightly point out, the stuff I’ve seen on Naka is mostly free kicks so I’m probably wildly under appreciating his overall talents. You highlighting that though gives me a better understanding of how good he was, so I say thank you to you :50:

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Pendy on KDS says we are looking at Ladislav Almasi. Hes a striker in the GG mould

18. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

Looks decent.

19. jambo_cfc

looks to have a bit about him, 23 year old , decent scoring record at previous clubs compared to games played and at 6ft 5 could be ideal. Would give us 3 good options through the middle

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seems a proper breakout last season.

Wouldn't cost the world.