1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jota came to Celtic last season and fell in love with the club, and now the Portuguese winger is delighted to continue his love affair with the Hoops after making his move to Glasgow a permanent one, joining from Benfica on a five-year deal.

The 23-year-old enjoyed a very impressive season-long loan spell with Celtic, scoring 13 goals in 40 appearances for the club and helping the Hoops win the Scottish Premiership title and the League Cup in what was Ange Postecoglou’s first season in charge of the club.

And the latest announcement by the club, following on from the signings of Cameron Carter-Vickers, Ben Siegrist and Alexandro Bernabei, is one that will delight the Celtic supporters, who have also fallen in love with the Portuguese star.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV after signing his permanent deal with the club, Jota said: “I’m feeling great. It’s a tremendous step in my career.

'I’m really happy to have joined Celtic and I just want to give some joy to the fans, to our team and conquer as many things as we can.'

“It was a great experience last season. I already knew, more or less, how big Celtic was but I think people only realise once you are inside the club and inside the structure.

“With the season that we had with all the winning and all the trophies, I think it was very good for everyone, and I just got to know the club in another perspective, and I just fell in love. So I think it’s a good time to be here and I just want to develop.”

From the moment he made his debut last September in a home win over Ross County, Jota became a fans’ favourite, and he scored some crucial goals in the campaign, including match-winning goals in two games against Aberdeen and a strike in the final Glasgow derby of last season.

And he also provided an invaluable 14 assists, including a memorable 60-yard defence-splitting pass in the Europa League game against Ferencvaros at Celtic Park, which set up Kyogo to score a stunning goal.

Playing in front of the Celtic support, whether home or away, was a major highlight of last season for the player and one he can’t wait to replicate this time around.

“I really missed the Celtic fans and Celtic Park, the atmosphere,” he said of the close-season break, “and even the away games, I think they are terrific. It’s something that I was not expecting and it really pushed me.

'I just want to get back on the pitch as soon as possible and to do our thing because we want to do better this year, and we are going to do better this year.'

The new season will see Ange Postecoglou’s side target all three domestic trophies, while there is the exciting prospect of UEFA Champions League group-stage football to look forward to.

“Ange has a philosophy of the game which wants us to be better in every training session and every game,” Jota explained, “so he aims for us to be better and better every week, and that’s something a player likes because there’s no point staying on the same level always.

“You want to develop, you want to be better and you want to achieve others things, and in here at the club we’re ready for that and we’re getting ready for all the competitions ahead.

“Pre-season is always a very important time for us to prepare for what’s ahead because during the season we don’t have the time to be meticulous about all our tactics or whatever.

'So we need to work hard now because this will be the place until the end of the season, and that’s what we’re going to look for, to get the mind and the body ready for what’s coming.'

“Trophy Day was amazing. Once we got to the celebrations, everyone just entered in a pure state of freedom and that’s what happened.

“And I just want that thing to happen a lot of times, to give the joy and the happiness to our fans, and let’s work. We are here to work.”

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    5 year deal. Get in :ange:

"I just fell in love"

"We want to do better this year and we're going to do better this year"

This guy man..

4. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

* * ange is serious about doing something in Europe. I love jota and I love ange. Never loved a manager as much since Mon. * yassssss

Hammy89 and StevieBhoooy! like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Away for a * at work now

:56:

7. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    5 years is a great bit of business .

8. davidhannah

upload_2022-7-1_9-39-3.png

Jinky said, "Look at them, Bertie, they’re like film stars." I replied, "Aye, Wee Man, but can they play?"

Entertain. Entertain! Thank you Jota! You are Entertainment. Glasgow's Green and white. Amazing!

DEADEYECFC and DonnyCelt like this.
  9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

So is this guy any good or what:43:

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Pretty mental he didnt make it there.

We've robbed them.

Sorry @Luz1904

11. DonnyCelt

:56::57:

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The beautiful wee * :57:

Thoughts and prayers to Stacey Devlin on that 5 year deal :(

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Right Celtic, mon, announce Souza and stop * around.

paulo123 likes this.
  15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Yes........... glad that's done I must admit I was getting a little worried, ccv was my first choice buy but this is a major coup,

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

16. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty telling that all the footage they have of him was from the youth/B team. How a player can spend his whole life at a club and they still don't know what they have right in front of them I've no idea. Their loss is our gain though :giggle1:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

:57:

‘We Never Stop …. Standing Still !’

☘️☘️☘️

Dannybhoy81 and Hammy89 like this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Bem vindo de volta Jota, Força!!!!!!

Jota on the wing! Gotta have faith!

Yas, Ya * Dancer!!!!!!

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Lads it's the * 1st of July and our business is phenomenal already.

Who are we?

20. davidhannah

Welcome Home Jota.