1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Recruitment Question

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 11, 2021.

Discuss The Recruitment Question in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    @Mr Shelby head the nail on the head, alongside adding a CDM, we could do with more pace in midfield.

Thing is, we're already crowded in midfield. Let's say McGregor and Souza are 100% first choice, we have Turnbull, O'Riley and Hatate for the other spot. Even with rotation, adding another midfielder is too much imo.

It's an issue for next summer, as I think one of O'Riley/Turnbull will be gone.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we sign Souza and McGregor moves forward to the 8.....we instantly add a fair bit of pace to our side..

McGregor is really deceptively quick, particularly on the ball..

Hatate is quick as well..

Those two as 8's and a quite mobile 6 in Souza is a quick trio to be fair..

I do still agree that we need another in to compete though..

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I didn't see the pace and power in Hatate but I'm hoping I'll see a more well rounded player this coming season.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Definitely wouldn't say power but he is quick I think..

Look at his tracking back in the 3 nil game on Kent for an example of his pace box to box. He was completely goosed as the season went on and noticeably dipped for week's through sheer exhaustion..

Power we definitely need more of..

5. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Whilst I hoped to see Jota and bernabei in today, the way we are conducting our business right now is so impressive. Think alot us of us had gripes with lawell penny pinching, delaying and playing a dangerous game at times. I really hope the way we are operating is down to Nicholson and it signals a better and more determined way of operating.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't see how it can't be down to him in a big way tbh mate.

I do feel like Ange's influence is huge though. He's proven he can be trusted to find a player. Not everyone will hit the mark but I think the board believe in him.

7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

It's a fair assessment and I agree. To play devils advocate with it though, do you think Ange would have his business wrapped up as swiftly with lawell still present?

8. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I would guess a lot would depend on us having guaranteed CL groups in that scenario. I think if we didn't have that now Ange may well be struggling to make the signings he wants just now, regardless of who was in charge of making them happen.

That being said I do think the signings would be drawn out much longer if Lawwell was here, even if we we did eventually make them.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Probably not nope and I don't disagree! Sorry my post was a bit confusing. Basically just meant that I also think the trust they have with ange and identifying players really will push the board on to back him quickly and decisively if they can.

But aye Mick certainly seems to be doing the business.

10. Keano88

Squad for the trip to Austria then :fear:

39D27EA9-E729-49D4-80E0-644162923A4D.jpeg

Big Ange to take a look at Jullien, Welsh and Lawal pre-season then decide what we need for CB options I guess..

jimbobers likes this.
  11. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We need another CB but that midfield is magnificent; that is of course IF Souza is the player we're told he is and IF he actually signs

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ooft :35:

If we get that.....

A left footed right winger who's versatile or Mmaee who can play across the front three

A left sided centre half with pace and power that can play out from the back/stride out

Then possibly squeeze a pacey, dynamic 8/10 with a bit of creativity then we'll be a decent force..

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Think CB/Winger will be later in the window, once we've shifted Johnston, Ajeti and Jullien.

Shaping up to be an all timer this one.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  14. Mr. Slippyfist

There’s plenty of pace and power in a fully fit Hatate.

He was at points early after he signed literally sprinting from the opposition goal to our defence to win back balls, and going into body checks with * bouncing off of him.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm absolutely fine with that..

Get the main target's in like Carter-Vickers which us done and Jota obviously.....then we all said we wanted better quality at left back and someone with real pace and we look like we're about to get that. The whole support has been crying out for more physicality in the middle and if we get this Souza for the 6....then that's our major target's sorted early on..

I'd have no problem waiting to shift out deadwood before hopefully getting the centre half and flexible wide man..

Said before but I'd even be content to wait another window for the 8/10....even though I think we need one with real mobility....but you really would be nit picking after a window like that if all of the above happens..

HTG likes this.
  16. PaddyJamieson

Could not have asked for anything more so far, what a window it is shaping up to be. For me all that needs added to that is another RW (who ideally can play all across the front 3) and a centre half, but that'll be dependent on Jullien leaving. It's gonna be some season.

Keano88 likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye.

Was going to post but this is exactly what is needed on top of that.

Assuming the players we add are as good as we all hope they will be and its easily the strongest squad on paper I'll have seen since MON days. Certainly most exciting.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think the broadening of our scouting is reaping rewards for us, now we are looking in places we wouldn’t normally go which is being influenced both by Ange and I think the CFG as Ange and Lawell’s son have used been part of using this strategy before.

look at the potential South Americans and Asian players that end up in Russia or European teams and go on to be sold for tens of millions and yet we have never really fully tapped into that market, we could and will now though and I think that could be quite exciting for us.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Manage the process correctly and gain a reputation in these markets for being a great place to develop before moving onto top teams and we will have a conveyor belt of talent lining up to come to Celtic.

Creativecelt likes this.
  20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry

[​IMG]

I burst out laughing when I read this - and before you reveal Kyogo is no giant you know as well as I do I was talking about players in the back four (mystic meg here got a bit upset when I dared to suggest that ideally I would prefer Bernabei to be a bit taller)