1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vinicius Souza

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GavCFC1, Jun 10, 2022.

Discuss Vinicius Souza in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah, it's a stupid suggestion.

You've given me two examples - both from the 60s and 70s. And from what I can tell, one keeper played understudy to the other on both occasions, before eventually taking over from them and becoming first choice. From what I can see - and I may be wrong - the managers weren't starting them on alternate weeks like you're suggesting.

Again I'll repeat it, show me a club in world football who swap goalkeepers every game or two. It just doesn't happen. You can't possibly build consistency if you change the goalkeeper constantly.

Not the exact same as your suggestion but there's people wanting us to change our formation to fit Kyogo and Giakoumakis into the same team. Why? It's as if some people are finding it hard to understand you're allowed to have a good player on the bench.

Siegrist did well for Dundee United but I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he's as good as Hart and should play just as often as Hart does. Find your original post utterfly baffling tbh.

We've signed a decent back up keeper on a free. He'll get the odd game, maybe in the cup, or if Hart gets injured. That's it and that's all it should be.

Liam Scales and Mr Shelby like this.
  2. Belgian_lad

As a Belgian I can judge it a little better then most probably. So my response to your points:

I watch more Celtic then Belgian football. But i live close to Brugge and Oostende, so tend to watch games live or on tv with friends. The Hendry we see here in Belgium is a much different from the one I saw at Celtic. I just dont think the guy can handle the pressure playing for us. Even a big club like Brugge doesnt get remotely the pressure that a Celtic player gets. Hendy lost his place towards the end of the season, but during the play-offs battled his place back into the first eleven. Brugge is by far the strongest team in Belgium the last season or 3. And i dare say they are on a level with us. Financially they spent 54mil last season on transfers, got 4 points in a group with Leipzig, PSG and Man City. Only started losing it, big time, when Monaco was pulling at their manager and it created a lot of unrest within the club. So if you told me, we would be getting the Hendry i seen in Belgium? I'd bite your hands of to get him with us.

The league being dross? I think Brugge, Genk, Gent, Anderlecht and Antwerp would handle themself well against us and the huns on a long season. Antwerp were never really in contention this season. Priske was a * manager who let them play * football, the results were okay, but the football was awefull. I dont think they are a benchmark. Financially all of those teams budget 30mil euro or above. I am certain take us and the huns away and drop those Belgian teams in it, they would all win the league as easy as we do. Union has had one of those seasons, everything worked out fine for them. They won games they should have lost, scored goals that normally never go in. Played on the promotion wave, got a good manager who was taken up by Anderlecht. And when the games got real Brugge outclassed them. Brugge never let Union get too far away. This season Union will battle relegation again. They just had one of those seasons.

And now to Souza, it doesnt happen often that players from KV Mechelen are equally sought after by Belgian and Dutch top teams. I remember watching this guy and thinking, * he is good. Mechelen are a team that normally are a mid table team, but he pushed them for contention of the play-offs(top 4 this season). I mean he was like a grown up playing in a junior team, that much he stood above his team mates. Not only capability wise, but also mentality. Guy is a leader with vista.

3. celtic warrior

Is * signed yet or what.

Hurry up Celtic. You got 9 months.

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd love to face a team with Hendry in it.

The guy is * horrific.

Maestro 08 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  5. Belgian_lad

I remember his games well enough lol. I was very surprised when i saw how he did here. Speciallly when brugge wanted him.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Fine we will take them both

Belgian_lad likes this.
  8. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Wasn’t aware that Ajax were supposedly interested, if that’s the case then that’s that. He’s not going to turn down Ajax.

9. PaddyJamieson

Not only one of the worst players I've seen in a Celtic jersey, one of the biggest * to wear one too. Some combination.

James Mc, McChiellini.. and Hammy89 like this.
  10. Ruari McCandless

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ajax will only move for him if they lose their own DM Edson alvarez to man utd

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Meaning time is the essence in this one. Sounds like the lad is keen, we’ve just got to get the terms sorted before there’s any developments with Ajax or PSV selling.

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Fine you made your point, others may disagree with you - politely.

Doofey is as Doofey does.

13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

I was asked what teams have done this in the past, so I named them and the managers.

I was in Greece that year they got to Wembley and both keepers had a hand in getting to that stage, and also in the League games, so it did work.

Alternating each week would be extreme I admit because it would stop a keeper developing form, I was thinking on a regular basis like you say in cup games and some easier away games, rather than Siegrist being a bench warmer because he is a lot better than Bain and has been the regular keeper for Dundee Utd for the last 4 years. You have to give him game time too, it's not just about the money he gets. Yes Hart is more experienced and is the number 1 keeper, but like Buffon he will stop playing one day and Siegrist will be a worthy replacement under the guidance of Ange.

It's healthy for the club to have two capable keepers.

TESLA likes this.
  14. jambo_cfc

He obviously has something to do with man city now not just the city group or he wouldnt be there training with his bio saying mancity, am hoping its a arzani type situation where they announce he has signed for man city but will spend the next 2 seasons at celtic lol anyone know if the boy diegorosa is any good ?

15. DonnyCelt

Fenerbahce have moved onto other targets.

16. PaddyJamieson

Where are you seeing this, mate? Good news if true, though Ajax/PSV are the real worries.

17. DonnyCelt

Record running with it mate.

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Come on Vinicius, put yourself in that last piece of the Celtic jigsaw puzzle so we can see the big picture.

19. Gazzi79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hart
    Exactly what I was thinking too pal.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

20. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    If he sees himself as making it at city and wants to maintain that option, but knows he's needs loaned out. And city want him to come here, yet he has concerns there is a resolution

City sign him and loan him to us with and option to sign for say 8m

That option to buy would include an option for city to buy back at the end of the next season for 8m.

This is like a 2 year loan, but its a safety net for the player that after 1 year he doesn't have to sign with us even if we wanted to activate the purchase option. This might ease the concerns for the player.

City also have control of the situation because if he doesn't sign with us after 1 year they could either bring him into their set up or loan him out again depending on his progress, and also if he does progress and signs for us, city have the option to buy him back after the end of the second season. This could also be the motivation the player needs to agree to the set up of the deal.

This while isn't a great situation with him not being our player for the first season and potentially losing him after the second season, its still difficult to say this isn't a good deal for us. We have hopefully a first team ready DM to pitch in there, and once he gets a taste of paradise then its hard to see him wanting to be anywhere else, he would need to be outstanding for city to want him back and we can enjoy the two seasons hes here. And we also have a safety net, because if he's not the player we hope he is, we could activate the deal after the first season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.