1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Josip Juranović

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by McGrory1888, Jul 27, 2021.

Discuss Josip Juranović in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That’s an entirely different debate.

Considering they’ve sold a few right sided players, they obviously felt it was a risk worth taking and, to be fair to Juranović, he didn’t down tools (which we’d all rightfully be raging if one of our players did to us in that situation).

2. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

So petty of Celtic not to do it cause we called it out first.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :giggle1:

4. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fabrizio Romano on Twitter suggesting that Josip will leave the club this summer. Lots of interest from EPL clubs apparently after his season with us and the games for Croatia.

5. AussieGreek

Minimum £17 million or * off.

Juranovic is 27 in August so he’s reached his peak years. If a big money move is gonna happen for him, it will be now.

6. Pearse67*

17 million???
    Balls, 25mil minimum, if he was in england youre talking 40 ffs.

craigtheceltic and greengrocer like this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    *. Right. Off. 25 million minimum.

greengrocer likes this.
  8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Silly money days.......give us 25mil and we might talk

9. celtic warrior

We just gonna ignore the fact this particular thread had seen no action since August 2021?

Eh?

Never mind, just seen where this thread was after paying attention

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    When we signed him? It’s the transfer rumour thread.

celtic warrior likes this.
  11. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    * it, we don’t need to sell, I’d slap £40m on his head.

Pearse67* likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We don’t need to but it depends on if he wants to go, Ange has made it clear a lot of times - he has zero interest in people being here that don’t want to be. He has no time for it.

If he thinks that he’s pushing for a move, he’ll give no * about selling him.

13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    I don’t think he’s pushing for a move, I bet it’s his agent. Be a daft time to move for him, he’s going to get all the game time he needs here to guarantee his WC spot for Croatia. He needs to be smart, see what this year has done for his career, and go to a top 6 PL or top 2 La Liga or Siere A in Jan or next summer.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I’m not fully sure on it mate, around January he done a couple of interviews that made me think he views us purely as a stepping stone to get to a higher league, the age he is he’ll be very aware it’s the time as a football player that he can demand the most money. And if it’s a good few teams sniffing about, you can make use that.

But I also think he genuinely loves it here as well, so it could just be him being open to a move if the options there and an agent wanting to make sure it happens for a payday.

But you’ve made a great * point there, if he backs his ability by January he might have a superb CL campaign behind him and an impressive world cup, at the same age and that’s when you can demand top money.

The only way I think he leaves this summer is if Ange thinks he’s not wanting to be here, and judging just through social media and interviews, I think if he’s open to a move just now he’s not a guy that wouldn’t want to give his all for us. So on that, I reckon outwith a daft bid, he’ll still be here by end of the window.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  15. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :giggle1:
    Yeah he definitely doesn’t seem like the type of guy to push a move through by chucking a wobbly. He’ll give 100% until the day he leaves. I’ve had no doubt that he’s ambitious, but he also comes across as smart too and I get the impression he wants to play CL football and in the WC. That’s guaranteed if he stays here.

All that said, a big bid from a desperate big club and he’s gone, CL football or not.

Edit: the one thing that got me uneasy was the Croatian manager bigging him up so much. He’s done us a service and a disservice all in one :giggle1:

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Definitely get that as well but that’ll be the thing players need to think on. Clubs might solve the right back issues they have and he won’t have that option, he might get injuries that keep him out the big games (* he’s had injuries this season he’s just returned) it’s a gamble on your ability and fitness as a player.

There’s been a lot of players that haven’t got the big move through circumstances they can’t control. * look at Lubo, we got him at 33 and the big moves that he was going to get when he was younger, terrible timing with injuries made it not happen.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Emotionally, Juranovic is not in the right mind set to leave Celtic at present.

He has had a big season with the club and experienced some amazing games and trophy wins as well. Every game has been a challenge with each team a tough opponent in the SPL. He has had to move from Poland, adjust to the Ange game plan, deal with the new life style in Glasgow and integrate with his new team mates. He also has made new friends and established himself and has a good rapport with Ralston at RB as well. He has been an outstanding player for Celtic in his first season with the Hoops. Now is a time to consolidate, not move on. He is happy at Celtic and it's time to bask in the glory of success and achievement.

In the new season he will be playing CL football in Europe, something that he probably would not get at a new club if he was to leave Celtic. He also will have an equally high profile playing for Croatia in the WC in Qatar. He will need to have a clear head for both without being bothered about transfer options to mid range EPL sides or elsewhere.

He will have a higher profile this coming season and the WC will be watched by the whole world. I am sure he will play well and increase his potential to be noticed by top-tier clubs who may be prepared to pay big money to sign him or at the least get him an improved contract with Celtic if he wishes to stay at Parkhead.

We do not want him to go, but these temptations will always exist to vex good players.

18. JamesM09

He’ll be 27 around the start of the new season. He won’t have earned enormous money so far in his career and his contract at Celtic won’t be huge.

I think he’ll push for a move if an EPL team comes in. It’s completely life changing money he would be offered and it’s not an opportunity that would come up again.

If he was 23/24 he might think more about his football but at 27 it’s all about that 4 year EPL contract. I suppose there are always exceptions, but they are rare.

I just hope if the interest is concrete we get the right offer. I hate when teams low-ball and unsettle a player.

George Theodorou likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

So he begged jota to stay and * off himself? Nah. We never sell after 1 season.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Just saw West Ham I’m sure are trying to buy a young lad of 20 who spent last season on loan at Southampton - Broja - striker who scored SIX goals in the EPL for £30m.

If * like that wanna pay money like that for * like that, then we have no shame in asking for £20m+ for a Croatian international RB with 4 years left on his contract!