1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Artur Boruc

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by slowburner, Sep 22, 2012.

Discuss Artur Boruc in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ARTUR BORUC admits he can't wait to end his career with a farewell match against Celtic…before emigrating to California.

The keeper has announced he will finally hang up his gloves at the age of 42 with a farewell match on July 20 against his former club, in Poland.

And he has revealed he wants to take a long break from football now.

He said: "I will play the last game in my career in the colours of Legia against Celtic, whom I also support and are a club very close to me, where I spent great years.

"The match is a very nice initiative on the part of Legia, a really good ending to my adventure. I am very happy with this match.

"Unfortunately, my advancing years and health doesn't allow me to represent the colours of Legia Warsaw at an appropriate level. So I decided to stop

My health will not allow me to continue.

"I feel more and more ailments and it this season was probably one of the first moments when I got scared of what might happen in my life in the future.

I started to pay a little less attention to football and a little more to health.

"Ultimately, I think that I will not live in Poland, my wife and I think about the United States - perhaps sunny California, to have warm and beautiful weather for 300 days a year.

I have no idea what I will do in the future. Football has been my life. I have never really thought about it.

"I read a story in Poland that said I was going to go into scouting when I retire.

Where could I be a scout? Maybe in the bars of Warsaw to scout for the best beer!

"No, I don't want to stay in football."

The fixture is being dubbed the King's Party in honour of the goalkeeper - who has been filmed sitting on a THRONE in a promotional video for the game.

In the video, posted on Boruc's Twitter account, the 42-year-old is seen relaxing on a lavish golden throne, complete with sculptures of lions, in front of a set of goals.

Wearing a Legia top, the clip shows Boruc texting on his phone as the camera jilts to multiple angles, including close-ups of his goalie gloves.

At the end of the video text appears which says "SAVE THE DATE - 20.07.2022"

2. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    'Mentioned his health there, has he been diagnosed with something? :eek:

3. RiquelmeCSC

I don’t think so, I think the article has been translated from Polish to English and seems more literal than what he means.

I would assume he just means he has nothing left in the tank. He isn’t as healthy and energetic as he was so now is the time to stop.

seanm likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://legia.com/pilka-nozna/artur-boruc-ja-sie-dopiero-witam/15969

He came to Legia in an armchair on a beetle back. Over the years, the armchair turned into a throne, and King Arthur achieved legendary status in at least two cities. However, the road to him was long, winding and in the end, he probably never reached the top, because he admits that he could have achieved much more. Artur Boruc speaks very rarely, but he has spoken today. This conversation is a confession before his last game. This is the summary of the entire career. It's about settling into the past and getting answers to questions that have never been asked before. We invite you to our last interview with the King. A king who - although this is his pitch epilogue - is just welcoming you.

- If I say that it is difficult to imagine a better match for your farewell, I will probably not lie.

- Exactly, a very accurate statement. I will play the last game in my career in the colors of Legia against Celtic, whom I also support in some way - it is a club very close to me, where I spent great years. Such a match is a very nice initiative on the part of Legia, a really good ending to my adventure. Maybe I will stick a little pin from myself - it is a pity that this is only the first goodbye of a footballer on such a sublime level. In any case, I am very happy with this match and I am also happy to think that perhaps such an event will initiate another one, and that farewell events in this style will accompany us all more often.

- For years you've been telling your family 'just one more year'. What happened that this year was your last?

- A clash with reality, our Polish reality. And probably in general with what is happening in Polish football, where it is not as rosy as it might seem. Our league is a beautiful bubble, but inside it looks completely different. Added to this - let's face it - my years and health condition, which would not allow me to represent the colors of Legia Warsaw at the appropriate level. So that's where my decision came from and… maybe I'll stop there.

Let's make an appointment - if you work in a beautiful boutique and, by the way, in a traffic kiosk, working in this kiosk is a bit different.

- Did you think that maybe it was worth finishing a year earlier with a gold medal around your neck? I don't want it to sound nasty, but one of the club's greatest goalkeepers ends up in its worst season.

- I try to look at it all positively - considering the first part of it, I think it was a very nice season. Each of us wanted to play in the cups, be it in the stands or on the pitch. I came to Legia with the thought that I would play in these cups. It didn't work on the first try, but I wanted it so much and hence the decision on the next year. I really feel happy that, despite the amazing rollercoaster, I was lucky to participate this season.

- Are you more happy that you played in Europe, or do you feel more unsatisfied? After all, it ended with one match against Spartak.

- Following these words, I fulfilled my dream, but it is known that I would like to play in Europe a little longer. My health did not allow me to do more, I myself was very afraid of the collision with the doctors and the diagnosis of what was happening to me, because I felt more and more ailments. It was probably one of the first moments when I got scared of what might happen in my life in the future. I started to pay a little less attention to football and a little more to health, so I couldn't quite continue this season as I wanted.

- Europe started beautifully, but the season ends badly. You were in the locker room, now you are leaving it, you have different perspectives. So what happened that made us start so well and end so bad?

- I must admit that even in retrospect I have no idea what happened. One can only presume. It seems to me that achieving the goal that has been playing in Europe for so many years made everyone lose the air. I think there was some thinking like this: we showed something and we don't have to prove anything in the league anymore. I don't know, probably everyone experienced it differently, but I had the impression that some goal had been achieved and it was impossible to focus on what was going on in the league. Let's make an appointment - if you work in a beautiful boutique and, by the way, in a traffic kiosk, working in this kiosk is a bit different.

- I thought about it for a long time, but it is impossible to learn what Legia is in a few weeks. You have to experience a little with her.

- You tried to motivate the rest of the employees for this job at the kiosk. Even before the autumn match with Jagiellonia, you asked us to prepare a video showing what Warsaw is and what Legia is. The question of how much it worked, and the second question - did you just find out that nothing could be done at some point?

- Back then, I was thinking about the immediate effect and that's what I was focusing on, because the series we had was - so to speak - very bad. I thought about it for a long time, but it is impossible to learn what Legia is in a few weeks. You have to experience a little with her.

- You often say that you do not regret anything in your life. What if I asked about the match with Warta and this famous situation?

- Why should I regret it, tell me.

- Because that was when your field career ended.

- It ended just like my previous activities, be it on the field or not. Maybe not exactly on my terms, but with a bit of a bang.

- It's a bit of an allegory of your entire career. Have you always tried to live the way you want?

- As I want, exactly. It's a good wording.

- You also often said that life is a party. Did you treat them like that from the beginning, or did you start to see them that way when you were influenced by certain experiences?

- Yes, I figured that for quite a long time. My parents died very early and that was probably why I was trying to get the most out of this life. I use it all the time and hope it stays cool as it is. I like to live, I like to take advantage of every opportunity I have. So much.

- I think that I will probably not trust neither the media nor the people anymore.

- The one that brought you to Legia is quite unusual.

- Indeed, I came to the signing of the contract on a beetle horse. I was sitting on the armchair tied to it, and of course the crate was closed, because it was not allowed. I was driving from Siedlce for about two hours, maybe not in complete darkness, but I had rather few things for entertainment there. I was thrown out at the gate by old Żyleta and I went with my uncle to sign the contract.

It was a long journey from the armchair to the royal throne. The only question is whether it was difficult, because you say yourself that you did not like to tire in your life and you were never a titan of work.

- I do not know if this is a royal armchair, but this road was the most bumpy in Warsaw. I am talking about the period when Dragomir Okuka was the coach, with whom I debuted and played a few matches. In any case, he had no love for young goalkeepers, which I can understand. But somehow I made it a point of honor to train very long and very hard to finally hit this goal. The misfortune of Radostin Stanew was my happiness and that is where it all started. Later it was a little easier, I also wanted to prove something to myself by the fact that if people don't like me, it is very motivating for me. I really like to prove to others that they are wrong and at the beginning I wanted to prove - probably to everyone - that I can play in a good club and at a good level.

"Have you ever really bothered what other people thought?"

- There was a period. A little less pleasant period in my life, when Polish - and not only Polish - paparazzi started to make fun of him and what was going on around me. It was indeed suffocating, I didn't like it very much, and I have the impression that then I retired from the public sphere. I happen to appear somewhere, but I do it very rarely. I think that I will probably not trust the media or the people anymore.

- If I consider something to be the greatest success, it is the way in which I have dealt with my life.

- Have you been disappointed with people often?

- Quite often, yes.

- You were still learning to be Artur Boruc. Talking about the beginnings of your career in Legia, you mentioned that there was a period in which - I quote - it "fired". It was the only time or were there more times?

- Yes, it hit me hard then. I come from a rather poor family and after the first money I earned, the situation in which I could afford more, in a sense, twisted me. Was it the first time? Probably not, certainly not, because I often act very impulsively and it can be perceived in different ways. Each success certainly provokes a different view of the world in which we are in some way. Whether it's for the ball or for life.

- And when did you first think you were actually successful?

- You know, I think I am more happy with the success of the people I am with. It is nicer to see my wife's successes than what is happening to me. Of course, I also enjoyed my achievements, good games and so on, but I knew it was all such a bubble. After that, I tried harder to make my private life more organized than it was before. And if I consider something to be my greatest success, it is the way I have dealt with my life.

- Since you are so demanding of yourself, I may ask otherwise: when was the first time you were proud of yourself?

- I don't know, I don't think I had such a moment. That's why there are people who could possibly say something like that about me. As I mentioned before - my parents died very early and there was no one to tell me, so I couldn't really experience such a thing. That's probably why I felt like I was.

Holy Goalie is the aftermath of some of my other crimes, at least I think so. I would not literally take it.

- If your life quickly ran out of people who shape us as people, how tortuous was the path of setting rules for yourself?

- Of course it was winding. It is a very long process, and to this day I do not know if I managed to deal with it all. However, cooperation with sports psychologists or other people who helped me in my life was very advisable at that time. I would probably have something to talk to them about until today. I was just thinking that maybe this rule-making process is still going on for me?

- When describing this period you said: "in general, there is no point in rising too high". Not so long ago, you also wrote: "sometimes it's better to be happy than to be right." Isn't it worth getting ahead?

- If you have such a need, why not, I will not throw some strange slogans here, because sometimes I also happened to fly somewhere, either literally or figuratively. In hindsight, you can always get a positive out of a moment like this, but at these times you need to be aware of what to do. If you like to live on a pedestal and feel good about it, then go ahead.

- Celtic was your prime living your way and doing what you want? When it comes to situations - let's call it nicely - controversial, I think there were relatively the most of them there.

- But this was due to the fact that the media were very much involved in my life back then. At that time, there was a paparazzi boom, of course, it still works today, but then the phenomenon began.

- At what point did you feel that you are really Holy Goalie? When someone sings about you that you are holy, it must be impressive.

- But it is the aftermath of some of my other crimes, or so it seems to me. I would not literally take it.

- So it's a matter of the fact that your performances were not only limited to football.

- It was always connected in some way. I will not hide that I was often more of a supporter than a footballer, and it has remained so until today. Due to the fact that I have a very nice job, quite well paid, it was possible to live with it somehow (laughs).

Maybe this way: if I lived like professional footballers, I would probably achieve a lot more.

- There are still situations that you endorse years later with the word "tomato", can you, in retrospect, be able to tell you more precisely about what happened ten or fifteen years ago?

- Probably I could, but I don't know if things that happened so long ago could interest anyone else (laughs).

- Recently, Aiden McGeady spoke about you, so the question is whether you would like to relate to the story from the Celtic dressing room or other clubs that you represented.

- It makes no sense, I don't want to hurt the boy.

- Then let's focus on the unpleasantness related to you. You recently admitted that you didn't finish your career that long because you felt you could achieve a lot more. Question: how much?

- That's where the tomato came from, right? Maybe this way: if I lived like professional footballers, I would probably achieve a lot more.

- Okay, back to the question I asked you earlier: do you regret it in any way?

- Absolutely not. I have lived my football and private life on my own terms. I think this is the most important thing for me and it is probably the most important point of what happened in my life.

Yes, there were offers, something was going on, there was Milan, it was Tottenham back in the day, if we talk about my time in Celtic.

- During your prime there were offers from really big clubs?

- They appeared, you only see, the problem was that then I disconnected from my Polish manager and became my own. It wasn't the best choice (laughs). Yes, there were offers, something was going on, there was Milan, it was Tottenham back then, if we talk about my Celtic times. I ended up in Fiorentina but that was also after I got involved with Struan Marshall who is a very good agent. Certainly better than me.

- What categories did you think as your own manager? I suspect that when you get an offer from Milan or Tottenham, at least you consider it.

- These people just * me off… up to this point, they really irritated their approach to life. To this day, most of them probably have that, they treat their charges in the same way. I don't like it and that's why I probably didn't have any agent. My approach to my additional profession, which I did as a footballer, was very relaxed.

- Is there anyone you are listening to?

- My answer is this: I try to be very professional in what I do. If I am a footballer, I listen to my coaches, superiors - absolutely. The pitch is something completely different. As for my life… I like hints. I like it when people see something in me that I don't see and tell me about it. Certainly my wife has such qualities (laughs).

- Are you speaking in a negative or positive context?

- In this and that, I would like to hear about both. It is known that these problematic stories are a little more difficult to listen to, but it also comes in handy.

You'll be surprised, but I can cry ... on some nice ad.

- Speaking of these difficult things - you just cried after the match with Germany at the World Cup. What must happen for you to cry?

- You'll be surprised, but I can cry ... on some nice ad. If a given situation, be it at home or just around you, influences how you feel and see something special, then such an emotion just happens. I may have exaggerated a bit with these ads, but I have a lot of heart and therefore it is easy for me to shed tears.

- This does not surprise me, because I think you are a person who is completely different inside than on the outside. Are you deliberately creating a thick facade around you?

- I said before that I have really great difficulty trusting people. I have no problem opening up with people I have known for years. I think that on the level of very good buddies or friends - I do not have many - but I am completely… maybe not completely, but different. I can trust, I can share stories from my life that I don't show every day.

- You once used a comparison to a duck that glides majestically across the surface of the lake, but underneath it moves its legs very quickly. Are you picking them up quickly all the time?

- A question of the situation, really. Now a bit slower, because now I have a little trouble with my awareness. Whether I am on vacation or have my career completely retired - I can't put my head around it yet. I'll have some time to figure it out.

- Since you do not know what point you are at, have there been any serious talks since you left the pitch against Warta Poznań?

- With the coach I exchanged two sentences about the match with Warta and let's leave that. There were no interviews as such, they appeared just before the end of the season and it was rather a short conversation when it comes to my possible football career. A conversation with a sports director is always fruitful.

I'm ordinary. What happens in football is a bubble. The career ends at the age of thirty-five, in my case forty-two, which I consider crazy by the way, because I would never expect to play that long.

- Do you like talking to people, or does it tire you?

- It's a very general question, it depends who you talk to and what.

- You must have always felt best among ordinary people.

- Yes, because I'm ordinary. What happens in football is a bubble. The career ends at the age of thirty-five, in my case forty-two, which I consider crazy by the way, because I would never expect to play that long. The life of a footballer is a bubble, it is very difficult - or even impossible - to touch his everyday face. If you are aware of what is happening around you, you think about it a little more. However, the very fact that you go out on the pitch, you earn a little better, you don't have a normal mode of work, because you train for three or four hours a day plus trips to matches a week ... I have the impression that all this somehow affects the prism through which we look for life.

- When or at all, have you noticed that you are making people nervous?

- Really?

- Really. Haven't seen it before?

- I can see that people go silent sometimes, but I don't know what exactly is the cause of it. People who perceive me in the way they know me from a picture may be in a hurry, but it is quite different with those who know me personally.

- Is it easy to get along with you?

- I do not know. I like to observe very much, I also like to listen, I rarely speak. It's also a question of how other people behave, I think the answer to this question depends on that.

Once he did not choose the right words and gave me such a "funny" quote. I couldn't stand it, got to my feet and ran to him.

- Like everyone - you have good contact with some, not with others. You recently lent Coach Smudzie up to a hundred years. In the scandal related to your break with the staff, do you have something to complain about?

- Absolutely not. Yes, I drank a few wines - a word of explanation here - wines served on airplanes are much smaller, so "a few" means about three glasses. The flight was ten hours long, so it seems to me that there was no tragedy in all this, especially since I had the next day off. I used to go back to my club where I didn't have training, so nobody should be interested in it. This scandal was a bit of the aftermath of what happened in Legia Warszawa when we were there together.

- Could you tell me a little more about it? You haven't got along since the earliest times.

- Yes, coaches usually do not like young goalkeepers, it is very rarely otherwise and Franciszek Smuda was an example of this. In addition, he generally did not like young players and often liked to throw them into the stove with his very cut humor. Once he did not choose the right words and gave me such a "funny" quote. I couldn't stand it, got to my feet and ran to him. I wanted to… I don't know what I wanted, to be honest. Fortunately, coach Jacek Kazimierski caught me and I ended up hugging me. Such a very nice hug from coach Kazimierski.

- So you've always liked to react impulsively, which is puzzling because you are rather calm outside the ball. What is the reason for the difference and do you sometimes have such thoughts: this time I must have exaggerated.

- I do not think so. I mean… (laughs). Watching these more controversial situations I often think about them, I wonder if I did the right thing or not. But often you just get an impulse and can't stop it, so my point was that I wasn't really braking. If you are an ambitious person and you want to achieve something, the passion that accompanies your football or professional life will surely help. I think there's no need to hold back.

What was happening in Glasgow was neither a footballer's life nor something that - although cool for a moment - gave a bigger kick.

- In the world of football, do you have more good or bad relationships?

- I do not know, I have no idea.

- And considering only the coaches?

- We like the coach Pochettino or the coach Strachan very much, with all the goalkeeping coaches. There was never any scratch between us, I'm a very open person in general. Often, it's the people who have a problem with me who end up when they finish.

It sounded scary. The trip to Florence changed you a bit, was it the first warning light?

“This lamp came on when I was still in Celtic, because the hustle and bustle of my life only served me for a while. I noticed changes in myself, not too cool moments in the frame made me think. The ending in Scotland was one of the difficult ones, it was hard for me to play there. It also coincided with my private life, where it was also not rosy. I was thinking about changing something and I was striving for it, hence even a new agent. I also had a proposal from Celtic from my friend Neil Lennon, who was then a coach there. I could stay, extend my contract for a few years, be a captain. However, I knew that it would be accompanied by a certain stagnation and I felt a great need to change. The moment I found myself was not colorful, and there were also non-sport situations where I was ashamed of my life.

- Then what did Florence give you?

- Nice view of what was, what happened and the opportunity to look at your life a little from the perspective. She showed me that maybe it's time to wake up a bit and do something with yourself, because what was happening in Glasgow was neither the life of a footballer nor something that - though cool for a moment - gave a bigger kick.

Eventually I ended up in Southampton, which - I'll confess - was a bit begged by my agent. I also had to lighten a bit of my buzzing thoughts on leaving Fiorentina because I thought I would end up in some really strong club.

- "I had moments in my life where I actually worked a bit and it gave some results" - a very interesting sentence for a professional footballer. Did you actually work in Italy?

- Of course. When I left Celtic, I weighed about one hundred and five or even one hundred and ten kilograms, so I had to cut off a huge amount of fat. There was a lot of work to do, the sun and the Italian work ethic helped. Florence was also not an obvious choice for me, because I was thinking more about England, there was also interest from Spain. But my wife put a lot of pressure on the sun at the time.

- I remember when everyone wondered which top club you will go to. When you said goodbye to Glasgow, did you feel that you were not going exactly where you wanted?

- Italy seemed to be a cool direction - maybe because I never thought I would play football there? I had something in my head: "it's fun to live in Italy". That's why I ended up there eventually.

- The beauty of life is Italy, but in your case the beauty of football has always been the Islands.

- There is a completely different football culture there, I think I missed that in Italy. As far as football itself is concerned, it was boring, the stands had a conflict with the club leaders, because at that time some fan cards were introduced in the country, which they did not want to agree to. The stadiums were relatively empty, so the period spent in this country was a bit ... maybe not boring - because I try to diversify my life in various ways - but I was very drawn to the Islands and I really wanted to go there. I even had an episode where I almost signed for Queens Park Rangers, got in touch with the manager but they brought in Julio Cesar the day before the contract was initialed. Just like that, without any information. The next day I showed up for training, and no one is there - they suddenly left for some training camp. A bit of a mediocre thing but still wanted to play in the UK. I trained at Everton for a while, where I hit it because I just didn't have anyone to train with. For two weeks I had classes with Jan Mucha just to keep in shape. Eventually I ended up in Southampton, which - I'll confess - was a bit begged by my agent. I also had to lighten a bit of my buzzing thoughts on leaving Fiorentina because I thought I would end up in some really strong club. I don't know if others didn't suit my financial demands or what kind of person I was. I also had offers from Russia, but for obvious reasons I did not want to go. just to keep in shape. Eventually I ended up in Southampton, which - I'll confess - was a bit begged by my agent. I also had to lighten a bit of my buzzing thoughts on leaving Fiorentina because I thought I would end up in some really strong club. I don't know if others didn't suit my financial demands or what kind of person I was. I also had offers from Russia, but for obvious reasons I did not want to go. just to keep in shape. Eventually I ended up in Southampton, which - I'll confess - was a bit begged by my agent. I also had to lighten a bit of my buzzing thoughts on leaving Fiorentina because I thought I would end up in some really strong club. I don't know if others didn't suit my financial demands or what kind of person I was. I also had offers from Russia, but for obvious reasons I did not want to go.

Sara was very reluctant to visit Warsaw, because when I came to her, I was always associated with a strong melange or interesting adventures.

- After all, where do you feel best?

- Probably in Warsaw.

- So you plan on staying here?

- No no. I feel great in Warsaw because I know her well, I have a lot of friends and there is always someone to talk to. However, I think that ultimately I will not live in Poland, my wife and I think about the United States. Some sunny California, to have warm and beautiful weather for three hundred days a year.

"The theme of America manifested itself before you even returned to the Legion." Were talking with my wife about moving to Warsaw easy?

- They weren't, absolutely. Sara was very reluctant to visit Warsaw, because when I came to her, I was always associated with a strong melange or interesting adventures. Therefore, she avoided coming back here, but she opened a company on the spot and had to come to the city, whether she wanted it or not. It was connected with a good period, because Legia called me. We talked then with Radek Kucharski, I think that the Dowhań coach was a very big stimulus to come back. Everyone speaks well of him, no one really appreciates him. And he is a great specialist and was one of the few reasons why I returned to Legia.

- You came back, you won the championship, you played in Europe, but the ending was what it was. Do you have any pain about this?

- No, absolutely. I am very happy to be back.

Buy a book, you can read it and see it. But let's not advertise just yet, since it took me three years to get two chapters, it might take a while.

- Looking at your career as a whole, would you be able to name the best eleven you've ever played with?

- No, maybe I'll prepare for it, huh? I don't remember who I played with, age does its job.

- Perhaps writing a book will help you in these preparations. Which year is it, the third?

- A terribly arduous story, really. Once, after drinking alcohol, I sat at the computer and started to fantasize about writing it. I think I wrote two chapters and found it very time consuming. I was writing when I was in Bournemouth, when I was flying to games, whether I was sitting on the bench or not, and I had moments to myself. However, maybe a few sentences have arisen since then.

- Are you planning to come back to it?

- Absolutely, I will have much more time in a moment.

- Good, because I think the book will be quite reading.

- There will be a beautiful tragicomedy.

- Which chapter on what will be the most extensive?

- I don't know, buy a book, read it and see it. But let's not advertise just yet, since it took me three years to get two chapters, it might take a while.

- We will find some advice there under the title: if you want to do something, then f ... do?

- This is how every person's life should look like. If you feel like something, just do it, then you will see if it was fun or not. But somehow you have to find out.

I will really stay away from the ball for the next few months. I want to live outside of it, I want to finally sit on the curb somewhere and have a beer.

- We are slowly coming to the end, your career is also approaching the end. After more than 25 years, there will be no more training, no trips to matches ...

- ... you have no ... idea how happy I am (laughs). Y'know what, I'm really gonna stay away from football for the next few months. I want to live outside of it, I want to finally sit on the curb somewhere and have a beer. Once upon a time, without such a possibility, I mentioned that I imagine myself walking on a beach in Malibu or somewhere there. I hope it will be like that in a moment. Life is so beautiful that we can do whatever we want with it. And this is what I intend to do.

- Okay, but these fabulous holidays will have to end sometime. Someday you will get out of bed and think you have to do something. The question is just what.

- I just don't know, I'm looking for myself a bit. I can't quite define what I would like to do in my life. Aside from playing football, I never really thought about it. Everyone has hobbies, but these are often not things that we can take seriously. Undoubtedly, I would like to enter something that will excite me a little, and not only serve to earn money. I don't need it anymore - I hope - although my appetite grows as I eat (laughs).

It will be nice for me to say goodbye on the grass, but I'm more of a supporter than a footballer, I've always felt like that.

- Any job offer in football?

- Yesterday I read that Boruc in Scouting. I don't know where I could be a scout, probably in Warsaw bars, and scout where there is better beer. No, I would not like to be in football again.

- I wish you would find yourself wherever it is. And thank you for the enormous joy you have given me and all those who read this interview over the years.

- Thank you. Should I say something now?

- If you want to.

- There will be time to say goodbye. I won't think of anything smart now, but I used to say in the stands that now I am just starting my adventure with football. It will be nice to say goodbye on the grass, but I'm more of a supporter than a footballer, I've always felt like that. So I'm just saying hello.

greengrocer likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Legend.

That interview relayed a few of my own thoughts, which I had mentioned when the friendlynwas announced.

I wish the man all the best on his next journey and truly wish him the best on his road to better health

seanm likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

Feckin *, that was a lot of bad translation to try and get me head around. Need a lie down.

8. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    From reading that it doesnt sound like him or his wife enjoyed their time in Glasgow at all.

seanm likes this.
  9. reillers88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Would I be right in saying that's his first wife and not the one he's with now???

10. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Couldnae tell ye. But he's made it sound like living in Glasgow was awful and that he really didnt like it. I suppose the way the huns treated him for doing something natural like blessing himself wouldnt stand the city in very good stead.

reillers88 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Artur Boruc has begged fans to buy tickets for his farewell match next week against Celticafter it emerged that the ground could be just a tenth full.

The 42-year-old retired at the end of the season and Legia Warsaw have arranged one final match for the Polish keeper with the Scottish Premiership champions on Wednesday. However, Legia revealed that just 3,825 tickets have been sold for the 31,800-capacity ground after complaints that the ticket prices were far too high and Boruc is desperate not to play in a near-deserted stadium.

He said: "First of all, I won't make any money from the tickets, nor did I set the prices. I signed a contract with Legia to arrange this match. My only priority is to say goodbye to the fans. I left Celtic a long time ago and there is practically no one at the club left that I know.

I know there are plenty of players over the years at Legia who are more deserving than me for this game. And I am well aware what the fans think after such a disastrous season. But I have one final dream left at Legia and that is to have a full stadium. This is more than just a match to me.

"I want to say thanks to the fans. If you are still hesitating and want one more chance of abusing me, then please come along too...you also contributed to my career and made sure I worked even harder. So I cordially invite you to my final game of football.

12. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Thats Brutal!!

13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

That’s a shame man, just under 4000 tickets is an insult to the guy.

14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's pretty disappointing to say the least. If this match were hosted in Glasgow with Legia as the opposition, even though he hasn't played for Celtic in over a decade, you'd still have to believe there would be a * of a lot more than 4000 people showing up to say farewell to the 'Holy Goaiie'.

15. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

That’s * abysmal.

We shouldn’t be anywhere near it either.

Sean Daleer and Valhalla like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hopefully it gets cancelled.

TheHappyLoss and Sean Daleer like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Totally would be.

Maybe not a sell out, but you'd get more than the legia stadium can hold.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Sean Daleer likes this.
  18. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

We could give him a friendly match against Hibs at Celtic Park and sell more than that

Sean Daleer likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Legia fans claiming they are getting ripped off

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Not quite sure what he meant when he said he knows nobody ar Celtic now.

Sounds like an awful kerfuffle.