1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt O'Riley

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 20, 2022.

Discuss Matt O'Riley in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think we’ll get this season out of him and that’s that.

CookieMonster likes this.
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I think we could easily see him go for £15m, he is an amazing young talent and I could see loads of prem teams come in for him. Imagine if he gets to the World Cup or possibly just does well in u21 Euros

Artorias likes this.
  3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Straight away you could see he is quality, maybe a wee bit on the slow side but hes got everything else.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Looking forward to seeing what he adds to his game over the next year or two. Would like to see him busting through with the ball a bit more a-la Stan Petrov.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I'm certain that was Danish for * the queen

scuzzy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Lewis Kerr

He's proper dreamy

greengrocer and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://beta.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/oriley-vil-til-vm-rart-med-ros-fra-hjulmand

Matt O'Riley tells bold.dk that he has a clear goal of getting to the World Cup later this year, and therefore he was also happy with the praise he recently received from Kasper Hjulmand

At the beginning of 2022, virtually no one in the Danish duck pond knew who Matt O'Riley was, but that has changed markedly since then. The English-born Dane switched from MK Dons in League One to Scottish Celtic, where he has had great success, and then O'Riley has also become part of the Danish U21 national team. During this period, they are gathered in connection with the European Championship qualifiers, but before they had to show up in Vejle, a number of them were allowed to train with the A national team, and it was a good experience for O'Riley. He tells bold.dk.

I really liked training with them. I love playing with good players and that also applies at the club level. When you play with good players, you get better and faster on the field, so it was cool to try. - I also play with top players on a daily basis, so I find it more and more easy. I quickly figured out how and when they want the ball, and so it was with the national team as well. - The different coaches also welcomed me and talked a lot with me, so it was a good experience.

Praise from Kasper Hjulmand Matt O'Riley also got the opportunity to get closer to national coach Kasper Hjulmand, and it was a meeting that the Celtic player looks back on with joy. - Yes, I did then. He came over to me and told me he was happy to see me. He also praised me for my play. It was nice to hear, because it is the Danish national coach that you hear it from. - Of course, I would also like to show myself in front of him, because I have a goal of being selected for the national team and join the World Cup. That was my goal when I was first selected for U21, and it still is. - So those days were a really good chance for me to show what I can accomplish

Kasper Hjulmand promise you a place in the World Cup squad? - No, he did not, it sounds from O’Riley with a big laugh before continuing. - He said, however, that it was good to see me play at that level, as I played well with good players. - The World Cup is my goal, but if I am not selected, then it's just the way it is. I have to work hard and do well for Celtic and the U21 national team, and then I will look at it by then, Matt O'Riley tells bold.dk. 21-year-old Matt O'Riley is listed for two internationals for the U21 national team. He can get his third on Friday, when they meet Scotland in the European Championship qualifiers, where bold.dk will be present.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    MickeyyMack likes this.
  10. AussieGreek

Not only is that boy sexy as * (my * *), but he did not tolerate for a second any suggestions of "* Save the Queen."

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Went from a 10 to an 11

AussieGreek likes this.
  12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Double digits in goals and assists next season. Wonder if I can get money on it.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    How much drive he has and how much he’s driven to better himself and take his chance when he’d probably be advised different from his agents is why I think we will have this year off of him and that’s it.

I think he’ll be POTY, get to the Denmark’s first team for the WC and leave us for a major fee. And I won’t grudge it.

Foley1888 likes this.
  14. celtic warrior

He is definitely one to watch for next season.

I think you could be right about that.

15. Foley1888

Whether that is this coming season or the next I think it is inevitable, he has so much ability and maturity for only being 21. What a signing for £1.5m or so.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The thought of him slotting balls in for Kyogo to run onto next season is stauner material.

Keano88 likes this.
  17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    £1.5m is * laughable. We have actually robbed them blind at that price.

Keano88 likes this.
  18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think he's going to absolutely smash it next season, he actually went under the radar this season, was excellent in almost every game I watched him. Fantastic attitude as well.

19. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    And it's all thanks to our friend, future premier League starlet, Riley McGree

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

20. Keano88

Definitely worth keeping an eye on standout players in that league before they enter the Championship and times their value by 10.

Ivan Toney would have been a cracking signing from that level as well even at £5m, pity we went for Ajeti instead :92:

Aribo to the Huns for 300k as well another recent example.

Liam Scales likes this.