1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If you run those distances it’ll make getting the sub 20 much easier… best of luck

Slaw and neilly1987 like this.
  2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Well done! Good luck with those!

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good number's..

Did a 10k yesterday at 52 minute's and same last week..

Are you on the treadmill or out?

4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Walked about 10 miles the other day and went to the pub after it.

Dalbeth3 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  5. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I've ballooned enormously these past couple of years. Ashamed of maself tbh. Having to buy extra large t-shirts. Kept telling maself I'm not bothered. But I am. Work nightshift 6 nights a week. Eating too much crisps and chocolate and drinking irn bru as well. Diet at home is abysmal. Just gorging really. So Sunday was my first day/night I tried to do it a bit differently. Just had a banana and a roll with cold meat on my break. I'll have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Usually no lunch as I sleep through that. Have my dinner around 6. That's me until my tea break at two am. This has served me well before. Once my body gets used to consuming less * I don't feel the initial 'hunger'. I'm going to get scales on payday next friday. Dreading that tbh. A long road ahead but enoughs enough.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I’ve definitely found that the best way to improve - taking it handy and going long distances. I didn’t run for a whole month and then came back with 3x 14k runs in 4 days. That was 2/3 weeks ago and then helped me kick on to quicker 10k/5k.
    Thanks man!
    Serious time too man well done. My best was like 53:30 or something until this week. Always outdoors. Lot of hills where I live too which is a bollocks haha

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Admitting it to yourself is a good first step mate. I’ve found 16:8 intermittent fasting brilliant for maintaining my ideal weight. I can eat plenty of * when I feel like it, just eat between 1-9pm every day. If you don’t eat for 12 hours your body will begin to burn fat directly.. so you’ve got 4 hours of fat burning with 16/8 and I find it quite easy. I labour on a site from 7.30am and still find it handy to make it to 1pm without eating. I have a black coffee at 10am which kills the bit of hunger.

Jacob knows likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    New job on Monday, joining a gym with my wee cousin who was the same weight as me 8 months ago, now he’s half my size. The exercise and somebody to prod me into just going when a CBA is something I’ll thrive on, it’s the eating habits.

Anybody got any advice on that? Dinners are fine, it’s food in work. Lunches I make are * boring, I’ll go to a burger van. Obviously willpower not to do that, but anything people have done to make it interesting and not just chicken and rice or chicken and salad in a box you’ve made for the week?

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I make chicken or mince or pork with pasta or rice mainly and then throw in sauce like pasta sauce or curry or something sweet like honey garlic. Chuck in a huge fitful of spinach, thrown in a couple of peppers and some scallion and you’re away. I’d usually make 4 big portions twice a week so I’d have 8 meals sorted. The rest I wing it.. bit of scrambled egg on toast or tuna sweetcorn pasta.

My opinion on food is you’ve got to enjoy what you’re eating or you’re * in the wind and the clock is ticking to the moment you pack it in. Again, intermittent fasting is a godsend. If I slack on fasting I can see my belly expanding within a couple of days.

Spaghetti bolognese or chicken curry or some pork meatballs and rice with whatever sauce tickles your fancy .. or maybe just a big dollop of BBQ on top for flavour. Mill it with salt and pepper and you’re laughing.

Honestly mate if you start eating healthy your gut bacteria changes and you’ll find you don’t even want * food. Don’t get me wrong it still tastes unreal and I get some takeaway once or twice a week but you really notice how * you feel after and want to get back to healthy eating as soon as you can.

Cutting out the white bread helped me a lot too

1: Eat all your food within an 8 hour window every day (allow yourself 9 or 10 hours as you adjust)

2: Limit yourself to one or two takeaways a week.

3: Whenever you’re hungry, eat something decent. Forget the crisps and chocolate but let yourself have some if you really want it within your eating window. Don’t be a * to yourself.. your 8 hour window allows you to basically eat what you like.

3: If you’re serious about aggressively losing weight, sprint. 10 seconds sprinting, 30 seconds rest, and go again x5.. up that to x10 gradually.

If you do those four things you’ll be amazed at how much weight you lose, especially when you tighten up your eating hours to 8 or less.

sorry I went to town on the edit button there haha

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Jacob knows and neilly1987 like this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Anytime I’ve tried it that’s my go to lunches, I enjoy them as well, get bored of it majorly after a couple of weeks even though I always made sure to make it a different flavour every day. And that’s food that you can flavour in countless different ways.

It might be because I think I’m forcing myself to do it. Probably a willpower thing, but any other suggestions could keep it interesting as well.

And would save me a * fortune as well btw:56:

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Haha yeah that’s a big motivation for me too.. save plenty of cash on grub :giggle1:

Willpower diminishes over time. Read something interesting about it before.. it measurably decreases over time so if willpower is your go to youre doomed to fail. Just enjoy the cooking, enjoy the food, have a scroll through Instagram or something similar at meal suggestions if you’re bored. Fajitas are lovely too.. I always forget about them haha.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I'm exactly the same man, went from 10 stone to to just over 14, from a small hanging off me to filling out an xl pretty snugly, since 2020.

13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    On the subject, I’ve weighed myself this morning and I’m at my heaviest in about three and a bit years (86 kilos). Quit my football team a few months back and then had a stressful couple of months in April/May in work so exercise was minimal and my diet went to complete *. I’m not bad for eating crisps and chocolate etc but I have eaten an unholy amount of takeaway.

Finished up work for the summer last week but as I did I’ve been floored with tonsillitis, this morning is the first time I’ve woken up and it’s not felt like I’ve got razor blades in my throat. I had a takeaway yesterday evening but vowed it would be my last time eating * until I go away in a few weeks. Going to head out on a fasted 5k soon as well just to get the ball rolling.

neilly1987 and Slaw like this.
  14. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Thanks m8. That was very helpful :50:

G40B likes this.
  15. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    After a run and a quick body weight workout this morning followed by a nutritious breakfast I feel the best I have done mood wise in weeks and weeks. Go figure :56:

neilly1987 and Slaw like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye I'm the same. Always on the road's..

It's better hitting hill's and inclines. You know you're nk cheating then. I sometimes work it out so the last 1 or 2 I'm going down the way :giggle1:

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Trying to cut right down on my sugar intake. Was at the stage I was eating a share bag of chocolate in work with bottles of pepsi, then eating more in the house. Went a few weeks with basically no chocolate and cutting down to one can of juice a day. Might start back at the gym when my boy starts nursery, even once or twice a week.

Walk 5-10 miles a day in work but still flabby as.

18. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Going to do some intermittent fasting too for the next couple of weeks and just eat between 11am and 7pm. Outside that I’ll just drink tea and water.

Worked for me before when I needed to shed a few and helps get into better habits.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I’m sure you know this anyway but just in case you don’t, make sure you don’t have any milk or sugar in your tea :50:

NakamuraTastic and Saul Goodman like this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye cream and biscuits is better :fear:

:56:

NakamuraTastic and Slaw like this.