1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Stranger Things - Netflix Original Series

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Mr Shelby, Jul 18, 2016.

Discuss Stranger Things - Netflix Original Series in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Aye I remember almost forcing myself through Season 2. Again, I can't remember what it is that put me off, but I felt like it was a major step-down from 1.

Heard good things about season 3, and now Season 4 is getting rave reviews, need another show to watch until the boys is back so I might binge this over the next few weeks.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Missus and weans obsessed with this. No for me one bit..

Doogs. likes this.
  3. Keano88

Coupla hipsters.

imo.

Valhalla likes this.
  4. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Agree with u on Dark absolutely loved that

And don't understand people that watch Dubbed foreign shows just reminds me of old Jackie chan films , plus if it's subtitles I think you've got to pay more attention

Valhalla likes this.
  5. JamesM09

Missus and I have been watching season 4, an episode each night. We didn’t realise there was going to be two more episodes in July until we finished episode 7. Probably would’ve waited before watching the lot in that case.

We’ve enjoyed watching it but there’s also been some pretty big issues with this season IMO.

1. The stuff with Hopper is just pointless. What’s the point in a subplot with some prisoners trying to escape but having to fight the baddie from season 1? We’ve seen it before and it doesn’t link to the main plot. A 1-2 episode spin off from the main plot is fine especially with an antagonist like Vecna, but 7 episodes in we’re still in the prison. I really don’t know how no one has pointed out how bad that is.

2. You can spend several episodes doing nothing in the Russian prison or you can spend several episodes doing nothing in NINA, but you can’t have both. My goodness, the same things over and over again.

3. It was a nice twist with the Vecna origin and I appreciate there was one or two small clues dotted about, although I think they let themselves down with the weird ‘lightning transformation’ 001 went through to become Vecna. I think a better solution would’ve been either to avoid ‘showing’ Vecna or maybe make his monstrous form something he projects into the prey’s mind when he invades, since he projects just about everything else.

4. I read there’s like 3.5 hours left in the last two episodes and I really don’t know what they’re going to do with that. I don’t really understand the tension too much at this point.

• We know how to break Vecna’s mind invasions using music.
    • We know Eleven has already defeated him and she’s well on her way to getting her powers back.
    • Vecna is a well-understood threat, in the sense he was studied and controlled in the lab for years. The ‘government’ forces know about at least one gate, they shouldn’t have much trouble dispatching or capturing Vecna really. We already seen Max physically hurt him too.
    • Even the situation with Nancy, she’s like 2 metres from Max’s music. I don’t know why they were making such a huge deal about climbing through a simple gate in the ceiling, considering they went through Watergate already. Throw her through the gate and play some music.
    Despite all these things it’s been fun overall, especially when the Hawkins action has been the focus. The cast are great and Eddie is a nice addition. Max’s escape episode was excellent, I re-watched that ending it was so good.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    think I mentioned it but honestly think they intended to kill Hopper but typical for this show shat it to kill a main character. Even * like bringing Suzy into it again and shoehorning Lucas sister into the friend group again even though Lucas wasn’t part of it anymore :39:

This side story of Hopper in prison is absolutely pointless. Ended up with Murray all of a sudden being a black belt in Karate and him and Joyce breaking into the most protected prison in Russia etc. Just kill him like was obviously intended.

It felt a bit like they didn’t have any real story for most of the main characters this season and the side stories were just filler until they all get back to Hawkins really.

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. JamesM09

Completely agree. Glad it’s not just me!

Valhalla likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Said it to Keano but I do think they’re killing someone, finally, in these final two episodes and they were delayed for a month to give people a while to catch up without it getting spoiled.

Having Vecna kill Eleven while she was getting her memories back would’ve been unreal I think and made it more interesting with them going up against him with no ‘powers’.

9. JamesM09

I feel like they’re building up to kill Steve but I hope not. He’s probably been my favourite character throughout the seasons. He’s had a really good arc.

I thought at one point they might’ve revealed Eleven was Vecna like the army guy has been saying. Like maybe her power was acting subconsciously or something, taking her anger out through the Vecna character.

Looking forward to see what happens. The wife is raging we need to wait for the month but I think the bonus of avoiding a spoiler is probably a good one.

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye the sudden Nancy having doubts about Jonathan and everyone making comments about her and Steve still liking each other feels like they’re building it up to him getting killed.

I hope he stays alive and if they ever do a spin off just have it in the video shop with him Robin and Dustin. They really struck gold putting those characters together man.

JamesM09 likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Agree with some of the criticism in here. I really enjoyed those episodes, but there's quite a few big problems.

They definitely shat the bed with the Hopper stuff. That whole side story has been a bit of a mess really. I like Joyce and Murray as a duo but it's beyond ridiculous. Using karate to overpower Yuri, magically time it to land right next to where they were flying to, easily break into apparently the most secure prison in Russia just as Hopper is about to be killed. Now they're stranded in a Russian prison at the height of the Cold War. Obviously going to use some portal to the upside down to get back to Hawkins...somehow.

The Eleven side story has been far too drawn out as well. Could have been done in a couple of episodes, really. Not 7. And Mika, Will and Jonathan have been fairly pointless so far this season - which doesn't bother me too much as I'm not a big fan of Mike and Will.

The best stuff has definitely still been in Hawkins, and it's really because of the chemistry between that group. Max, Steve, Robin and Dustin are brilliant. Really like Eddie as well.

I think at this point they're "lucky" that some of the characters are so likeable and fun to watch, in addition to the design of the show and the monsters. Because a lot of the writing and story choices are so poor.

Valhalla likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Has to be a windup :giggle1:

13. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Season 1 still has to be the best... perfect television.

No harm to the seasons after they're special in their own way and have some of the best characters but still.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  14. scuzzy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, KT, Naka, Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Have to agree with that mate %100

KRS-1888 likes this.
  15. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Started again from the beginning instead of jumping right into the new season!

I realise this was a good idea cause there's a lot going on

16. TheHappyLoss

Just think the chemistry is great between the characters

JamesM09 likes this.
  17. JamesM09

Best thing about it.

I feel like there’s a decent amount of ad-lib going on to great effect.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  18. stew37

Have just started the 3rd series, Mrs has told me to get it watched so we can watch the 4th series together. It seems to be getting cheesier as it goes on which is disappointing. I loved the first series, thought it could have been so much better if they'd made it a bit more dark, and scary, but it's turning into a * version of the Wonder Years or something, and I'm struggling to endure it.

19. Keano88

Tomorrow nights viewing sorted.

• Episode 8: 'Papa' – 1hr 25mins
    • Episode 9: 'The Piggyback' – 2hr 19mins (some places saying 2hr 30mins)

Just under 4 hours worth to get through!

TheHappyLoss and cidermaster like this.
  20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Been on my Watchlist for ages, I have recently finally started to watch. Seen the First 2 Series, love it.
    Great Atmosphere, great entertainment!! Great Music Soundtrack!!
    Of course I am far too young to remember the 80s! Honest!!:84:

bagforlife, TheHappyLoss and Keano88 like this.