1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Elden Ring

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Idioteque, Mar 20, 2022.

Discuss Elden Ring in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    After 2 months and 152 hours accumulated I've finally beaten elden ring. Really enjoyed the experience and definitely up there with bloodborne as my favourite from soft game.
    Difficulty wise I think its somewhere in the middle, easier than DS3 and bloodborne but more far more difficult than DS2 and DS1 which I played recently and was surprised at how much easier it seems compared to the later games.
    My favourite boss was radahn who if you look into his backstory is just a badass character, up there with artorios from DS1.
    Toughest boss was Melania or mohg who I found difficult even after using the mimic ash, godfrey was tough too tbf.
    Was really disappointed with the final boss and ending though, radagon was a fun fight but elden beast was a piece of * who I beat on first try and was just generally abit of a let down as was the ending (ranni ending). I know souls games tend to always end abruptly but i wanted more after putting so many hours in the game.

Idioteque likes this.
  2. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Congratulations on completing it. I’ve just defeated Makalith the black blade. Very close to end game now myself.

agree the best battle was Radahn.

I’d be tempted to do a different build and do another run through but I’ll prob go back to another game for a bit before I try again.

any word of DLC?

Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  3. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm tempted to do a NG+ aswell because I know I'm going to struggle to get into another game anytime soon but at the same I dont know if I can bothered to do it all again even with skipping alot of the optional stuff.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Aye the one thing putting me off is the amount of times I’ll have to die again to get the same results lol. I believe there is 6 different endings. Not sure what path you went down but I ended up going down the traitorous route (don’t want to give to much away incase it’s a spoiler) ended up doing dirty deeds for the Volcano manor mob etc. let’s say the round table doesn’t look quite like ot should by the time I’d rampaged thru the game

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    That Godskin Duo is * impossible lads.

6. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

took me ages to beat them. Impossible to do solo. I got lucky in the end. Use the pillars to your advantage if you can. Run round them and attack from behind while they are attacking one of the other players / summons. Apparently sleep / mimic tear helps

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  7. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    I still cant get past that stupid Magrett * in the castle ffs!!!

8. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Finally beat the *. Summoned my mimic tear and while he distracted them I took out the fat one, the the two of us just fought them in one's as they were summoning back themselves. Thank * for that. Still can't beat Melania though ffs

Idioteque likes this.
  9. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

That’s a wrap. Last few battles were easy enough done them all on first attempt.

Fantastic game had me hooked from day one. Gonna have to find something else to do with my time now lol
    33767984-CA34-472B-8458-17C5A0123845.jpeg

10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I cannot and I mean CANNOT beat Malenia for love nor money. I'm at like 60 dex 60 strength, 50 vigor 45 stamina etc and still can't beat the *.

Any advice?

11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Summon help.

12. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    How do you do that? Are you on about my mimic tear or another player? Because people have suggested that to keep and I haven't a clue how to do it.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    You use the furlcalling finger remedy to call someone into your game. Their sign, if there is one, will be on the ground in gold. There is the summoning pools/Marty effigies like these and there should be plenty of summon signs there

images (2).jpeg

Bonobhoy, bhoy_wonder and Idioteque like this.
  14. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Have to agree some battles you just need other players playing with you in my opinion

bhoy_wonder likes this.
  15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Class, thank you. Do you get to see the stats of whoever you want to summon in? Wouldn't be interested in a character with * stats lol

16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Respec your character with queen rennala, either make a bleed build or a magic/intelligence build which is what I used. I used a moonviel katana which scales with intelligence and dex, pump maybe 70 into intelligence and 30 or 40 into dex. Get mind upto say 30, fully upgrade the moonviel katana which uses somber smithing stones.
    The main reason for using the moonviel katana is its ash of war which is very powerful and easy to pull off and if you and your mimic tear both use it against Melania it causes her to stagger and you can get a hit critical hit off on her.

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think you will only be connected with people in your sorta stat level. It is just your luck, you will get player who are godlike, average joes and utter *.

It is quite satisfying helping people and being summoned into their games to help with areas and/or bosses, It also allows you to see whats coming and you gain runes while helping too.

Using the Tarnished's Furled Finger, you can place your sign down in a location you think will be useful (outside a boss area).

18. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    * yaaaasssss thanks lads. Didn't know I could summon 2 people at once. We tag teamed the * clean out of her.

Idioteque and Artorias like this.
  19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Any tips on killing the Elden Beast :/ struggling on him a wee bit.......

20. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

stick close to him, wear armour set with Holy damage protection, jump over the rings , roll directly through the stars and run towards him.
    I beat it will the assistance of 2 summons as well. Luck of the draw who’s fighting along side you