1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyogo Furuhashi

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lebo, Jul 16, 2021.

Discuss Kyogo Furuhashi in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We couldn't do anything to Bodo- neither control possession, nor counterattack. You mentioning them just shows how poorly suited we are for Europe. Trying to control possession is a high-level thing, and we can't even do basics at times.

2. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

Would like to see this one - 442 diamond

Hart
    JJ, CCV, Starfelt, Taylor
    Guchi
    O'Reily, McGregor
    Jota
    Giakoumakis, Kyogo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Me mentioning Bodo was showing you talking about budgets was a lot of nonsense.

4. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I think we need to give the team a break about the Europe thing. Yes we had a dissapointing season in Europe. But it was Ange's first season. When he actually has a proper pre-season with his team and plenty of time to get the players in that he wants then we can better judge the team on a European level.

We were good this season domestically. Very very good at times. But to compete in the Champions League at all we are gonna need to spend a lot and spend wisely. When (or if) we do that...then we can judge Ange's team in Europe properly

greengrocer likes this.
  5. saltire78

In Europe I'd be thinking 5-4-1, where 5th defender would be a CDM in a sweeping role. Not our natural formation or style, but at least gives us a CHANCE of getting results in the games. We can still leave our wingbacks flow up and wingers support attacks.

I'd think:

Hart
    JJ, Starfelt, CCV, New LB
    New CDM(Gucci?)
    Maeda, Cal, O'Riley, Jota,
    GG

GG trying to pinch, while playing as a holding player to allow others up on a break. Also chose Maeda over Abada due to the workrate required in these games, with Abada subbing on later.

All of course subject to change based on transfers in/out, which change everything

If we play our usual 4-3-3 in CL I think we could be in for a hard time.

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The Bodo/Glimt home game wasn't good enough. In my opinion that was an Ange mistake, trying to put Tam Rogic and Matt O'Riley in the team. They could play through the press with ease.

We weren't good enough in Europe as a whole but we do need some perspective. We took 9 points from a very tough group. Leverkusen finished 3rd in the Bundesliga this year and Betis are still in with a chance of getting the final champions league spot in La Liga, albeit a slim chance.

I think we need to stop thinking about the qualifiers. Ange was literally in the door and we didn't have the team we have now. Ange gets a fresh start at it for me from this year. Let's hope for a good group so we can make our mark playing our style of football. I know we have the players who can do a lot of damage in the Champions League, we just need to add in a few positions.

Guchi Gucci and greengrocer like this.
  7. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I actually agree with this. GG is decent and will score goals domestically but he'll absolutely get caught out against stronger teams.

I've got a question mark over his mentality also. Theres been glimpses of him spitting the dummy in the league recently when instances of games arent going his way and as you say, his link up/hold up play isnt quite there either.

I understand why folk like him as a person though.

Kyogo has a much better all round game and is rightly the no 1.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. joemc

Wee man has a gift for wonder goals , a lot of his goals you look at afterwards and say "he couldn't have hit that any sweeter.

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

That pass from Christie for the 3rd is sublime

11. Cringer67

I must have watched a different game against Bodo. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd think we made Bodo look like prime 2012 Barcelona the way folk go on about it. Yes it was disappointing, but it wasnt nearly as bad as made out. Look at the stats. We had 16 shots with 6 on target to their 7 and 4 respectively. We also had 64% possession and 12 corners to their ZERO. Lessons need learned for sure as it still wasnt good enough but this narrative that Bodo outclassed us needs to stop right now.

AussieGreek likes this.
  12. celtic warrior

What was the stats regarding aggregate score? The one that really matters.

Bodo played a good game against, probably one of the most effective game plans against us all season when we were in full flow. They pressed with intent and took their chances.

Credit is due to the effectiveness of how they implemented their game on us.

The thing is I don't expect a final in Europe...I don't expect anything out of the CL and just because huns made the Europa final doesn't mean we should or can do it too.

I'm happy to see progress under Ange and see what happens in the transfer window in the run up to the new season.

Then have guys like Kyogo back fully fit raring to go, if we somehow luck our way through good draws I'd take last 16 in CL or quarter final in Europa....otherwise I fully expect us to take a battering in CL groups and be lucky to scrape 3rd knowing our luck for draws.

13. Cringer67

ive been impressed far more with countless other sides that have come to Celtic park than Bodo. Yes, the only stat that mattered on the night doesnt make for good reading but this happens in football. They didnt blow us away and i wasnt massivley impressed other than their organisation. We play that same game another 10 times and we win 8 of them.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

They completely outdid us mate.

Leone Naka Fan and greengrocer like this.
  15. Cringer67

I honestly dont see it mate, other than scoreline, which can sometimes be misleading. Have a look at the stats on the night. Other than scoreline (which is the most important one of course) we we superior in every measurable way. I'm not having that they out classed us one bit. We can agree to disagree on it, its getting off topic now anyway

16. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    They definitely schooled us mate. Stats are great but they don't always tell the full story.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

You'd think by the way the stats are being touted we outclassed them [Bodo/Glimt] over the two legs and were just unlucky. Sure, we had chances and didn't take them, but our performance was pretty rubbish.

On topic: Can't help but love the wee guy :)

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Bodo would have troubled the huns more than some of the teams they put out

Damnati likes this.
  19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    The point being made is that happens in football. Sometimes a team apparently less formidable than yourself get their tactics right and beat you. We did it to Lazio twice a couple of years back.

The poi t is yes we got put out by Bodo whatever their * name is, but judge Ange on Europe this time around when he's had a full proper pre-season and a few of his signings in with plenty of time to spare.

Probably best case scenario for us isn't even that we get out of the group stage. It would be better to finish 3rd. Having raked in CL money already and then we'd be in a competition that we actually stand a chance in and one where Ange's team can be better judged

20. celtic warrior

Maybe there is a cynicism within me that is rather overbearing but I don't expect anything from Europe next season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and somehow still hold hope that maybe we do get a good group or one where we stand a solid chance of finishing 3rd.

But for me I'm fully expected to be handed an absolute joke of a group and be utterly skelped as a result and come bottom.

I'm not being deliberately defeatist it's just years and years of real death groups is just so common for us I don't really want to expect anything else and get my hopes up.

Even if we scrap 3rd, I don't know how, but I'd still bet we'd end up drawing favs for europa in the last 32.

The thing is Ange is amazing, what he has done with our squad is nothing short of miraculous, but unless (* forbid) he goes a bit WGS OR Lennon in Europe, he's gonna go the same way as Rodgers and Mowbray as guys who try to play an expansive game but just for whatever reason...we will lose to all sorts of european opponents as a result.