1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's only 5 player's listed for 3 position's that ask a lot in the engine room..

Ideguchi we don't really know what he's about yet either which is why it's crucial we add a proper 6 and an 8/10. Scott if he comes can have a feeling in season..

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think Ideguchi will be huge for us next season but agree we need another sitting mid unless Ange has big plans for McCarthy.

Scott plus a big physical sitting mid would sort our midfield.

3. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    :55::55::55:

He’s the reason why I became a Celtic supporter, he alone showed me a club that I fell in love with, who has taken me on a magnificent journey.

There’s so many memories, but my favourite will forever be the Scottish Cup Final against Aberdeen. So iconic is that photo of him running towards the fans after his brilliant goal.

Please don’t go… but if you do, I understand :55:

Rydo1888* and davidhannah like this.
  4. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Will be a huge miss always shows up against the huns

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

5. davidhannah

The post above shows you how inspiring a player Tom Rogic is.

I can't remember Tom Rogic playing badly. It just doesn't exist in my head I can't think of it.

A 2-1 cup defeat to Rangers in extra time is hardly a disgrace. I never seen that game. If that was it then, there's 10 other double winning heroes in green and white also responsible for that loss. I never seen it!

Footballers can have off days, entire teams can have off days. You can't win them all but Ange's Celtic team have won more than anyone else in Scotland.

Celtic are on the rise with Ange and Tom Rogic in the best fitness of his life. The mazy run at Easter Road. What a goal that was. So many moments and more this season. The cross to Tony Ralston in Dingwall in the 96th minute.

We'd be insane to let him go. He's been reborn.

He'll leave with Moravcik fame. Moravcik lacked fitness, due to his age. But he had that magic in his feet that Tom Rogic has. He can open defences when no on else has. Undying fame surrounds his name. Tom Rogic.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    craigtheceltic likes this.
  6. davidhannah

The pass to Kyogo for the goal of the season that spring to mind.

So many big performances this season. He's not put a foot wrong all season. I couldn't give a * if he runs till he collapses, or is stigmatised about his perceived, lack of fitness. A so called, 'lack of fitness' that doesn't exist in a team that needs to play over 60 games a season! More than most in Europe. For club and country. That is.

A lot of *. Say it like it is. Tom Rogic has got something special about him. Right now, my thoughts are he is Irreplaceable. Always thought it even in the one * season of past!

* * Celtic. What are you thinking. Tie him down until the end of his career. This cryptic post better be a * wind up. We need him.

Hail hail brother Rogic. Please stay at Celtic!

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  7. davidhannah

Astana. Big game performance in the 5 nil spanking. I remember it well. There's so many. He did it then and he's done it again. This season too. Past and present. Tom Rogic has always been at the Top of his game.

Hail hail brother Rogic. Hail * hail. We never stop. We never * stop!

Tom Rogic. Of the past. The present. And the future!

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

So everyone’s just assuming that post means he’s off?

9. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It does look like a farewell post

10. Keano88

Yeah looks that way mate.

Him, Bitton, Jullien and Bolingoli with a year left come the summer so maybe cashing in on him and Nir.

Either that or he’s trolling and a new contract will be announced tomorrow.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. MAP

Same. I started watching Celtic once he moved from CCM; I only joined the forum years later not being a big social media fan.

So many late nights in those early years seeing if he made the team sheet, seeing if he'd get minutes etc on some dodgy livestream.

I find he is often unfairly treated by many on here, especially re European performances (some good posts above) - I remember vividly the Man City performances, and being immensely proud of the team.

Rogic is the only player where I've been to a game and seen the crowd instantly get to their feet in expectation (was a World Cup qualifier in Brisbane before he made the Celtic switch), maybe I've not seen enough good players!

Can't imagine where he'd go next; can't say I am overly keen to see him in the A-League (it's play top flight football or nothing for me).

I think Scotland will be all the poorer if he moves, I just don't think anyone comes near his close control (and yeah, I like O'Riley).

Telling that this year he made the Premiership team of the year (nothing like your fellow pros telling us who the best are).

The_Bhoy and craigtheceltic like this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

Will be gutted if he's going.

By all accounts he's had a superb season. Don't let the stats blind you. He's been instrumental in our success. @Taz I think it was had a great post depicting how he was the trigger for a lot of our pivotal wins and goals this year. I've always thought that we play our best football with Tam pulling the strings, even going back to the Deila days. This hasn't changed in 2022.

He's without a doubt one of our most underrated players. Had so many iconic moments and performances in a Celtic shirt. Was misused and mistreated by Lennon for multiple years, can you imagine if he had Ange to work with when BR left?

A maverick, a magician, a guy who you watch football for.

davidhannah, Rydo1888*, MAP and 2 others like this.
  13. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Why is everyone speaking like it's a done deal? Surely he's happy here with Ange at the sticks

14. TheHappyLoss

His feet are a work of art. Will miss him

15. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If he goes I will be gutted

Please stay tam :(

16. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agreed. Think some people are putting the cart before the horse here.

It could simply be Rogic wears 18, and has just won his 18th major honour? I've nott done the math but it would be close to that by now.

But putting that aside, one of his best mates, James Forrest, has just extended his stay at Celtic, Rogic has had one of the best seasons of his career and was in the running for both the SPFA & SFWA POTY award, he carried the team for a big chunk of the season when the likes of Jota, Kyogo, Turnbull, Giakoumakis etc were all out. etc.

Literally two weeks ago (28 April) he openly stated that he was happy here and was not thinking about going anywhere.

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Forget the discussions about whether it’s right or not, it’ll break my wee heart if/when he goes so I’m not ready for a days notice to say goodbye FFS :54:

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anyway, if he is going, he's left us with some absolutely fantastic memories. But everyone needs to move at some point and we do need more pace and power in the middle of the park. O'Riley is an almost identical player to him which works but leaves one missing out a lot as well. O'Riley offer more defensively as well which is maybe why he seems the preferred option at times.

19. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Must admit, if we were to get rid of an attacking midfielder, I would have chosen Turnbull out of the 3. However, Tam is 29 now, probably looking at a big pay day somewhere before returning to Australia for a couple of years.

Said it in the recruitment thread but I wanted to get rid of one of the 3 attacking midfielders we had(I chose Turnbull) and replace them with a different kind of player.

Hope to * we are looking at Willem Swedberg from Hammarby as a replacement. What a baller he is.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I must be getting old or something, but people are reading a * of a lot into one photo..

However, he has started less than you would have thought recently, so maybe that ties in with Ange playing the players who want to be here.

We do have 3 quality players in Rogic, O'Riley and Turnbull but all are one paced... so an injection of pace and strength would be needed..

But, for me we will be weaker if we lose Rogic the big man is class.. but he may feel its time.