1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Oh ok, I see what you are saying, a bigger club than Melbourne within the CFG, like Yokohama FM.

Yeah definitely wouldn’t pay more than £2m for him when the likes of Solbakken are available for about that amount.

That said he is a talent, but after the Arzani hype, I’m reluctant to hype him because as you see, there’s more to football than hype. If Jota doesn’t sign, the difference in quality is too stark to sign him as the replacement, he’s in no way CL quality. Only way I’d want him here is as the understudy to Jota.

2. celtic warrior

If the board continues to back him like they did when he first walk through the door and all the backroom appointments work e.g Lawwell Jnr, everything about the way Ange conducts himself as a human suggests to me, he could become a modern day legend of a manager at this club.

Maybe I'm biased and I can't explain how that works because I can't put my finger on it, but the excitement I get with him directing Celtic is like nothing I've felt before, there is just something about the situation that has me believing we could make history with him.

Sydneysider and Mr Cleansheets like this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

This is the Ange thread so I'm wary of taking it too far down different rabbit burrows. Mind you, Ange is Australian so will always be associated with Australian prospects.

You can't say what Tilio's quality is because the only games we've seen him in, beyond the A-League, are Olyroos and Socceroos matches, in which he shone against really tough opposition like Saudi and Japan. The one thing you can say for sure... he's way too good for the A-League.

He will 100% be in Europe shortly and the likelihood is that he will do well. If Ange were to make a play for him, the time is now.

I totally get your Arzani comparison, but the reality is... Arzani was an excellent player who just happened to get a major injury on his Celtic debut, and from which he's not quite recovered. I've no doubt that with a bit of luck he could've been very successful at the Hoops.

4. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yeah happy to leave it here because you are right, it’s the Ange thread :50:

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Mr Cleansheets

OK, thanks Beerman... for reminding me of this.

I've probably had too much to drink tonight because I've never outed myself before. I am a journo... but I (mainly) only come on here as a Celtic fan. This was me ya *...

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/4tims/episodes/2021-06-03T17_19_55-07_00

Jeannie960 and craigtheceltic like this.
  7. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Plot twist and a half

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Yes he is.

What amazes me was all the negative hype thrown at him when he was appointed to the job.

He is not qualified to coach in Europe. He is an unknown from football backwater countries such as Australia and Japan. Never heard of him. Can't pronounce his name. He will not last more than 2 months etc.

Any thinking individual with an ounce of intelligence would have gone straight to Wikipaedia and looked him up.
    His CV and history is long and an amazing story of success from the time he started coaching. Not qualified to coach at the top level ? What an absolute stupidity in logic ! He took Australia to the WC finals in Brazil, qualified Australia for the WC in Russia, won the Asian Cup beating South Korea in the final, which is the equivalent to the Euro Nations Cup, and the list goes on.

As if the Celtic board would hire a manager who wasn't qualified to coach at the highest level.

Can't help but think pro-Rangers media created this whole frenzy of disbelief to undermine him and many jumped aboard as well.

For all those who copped all that abuse from people on this thread when we praised him as a great coach and manager, and you know who you are, because many do not appear on this thread recently now that you have been proved wrong.

Let's leave at that. We are all Celtic supporters and I believe we have the best interest of the club at heart. It really has been an experience watching Celtic this season and how well they have done overall with Ange in charge. I am also pleased with the personal recognition he has been given with the awards presented to him.

He who laughs last, laughs best. That's for all those doubting Thomas' out there who were quick to judge and smear.

Yes Alan Brazil, you too !

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    We don't bother coming for two reasons.

Firstly, there are other threads on the forum that actually facilitate Celtic conversations a lot better than bombarding everything in to one place.

Secondly, folk are really sick of this sort of post. Still you can't understand where the Celtic fans where coming from last year, nor do you seem to see that EVERYONE (myself included) has held their hands up to being naive as * and happy to be proven wrong about Ange. Yet here you are, still doing the "told you so" routine.

OziBeerMan and FairDinkumMate like this.
  10. Mr Cleansheets

Yeah, already ashamed of outing myself.

Please disregard. Only here as a fan... he says having gotten so many article ideas from * on here...

11. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Our greatest ever manager was of a similar shape and size and he didn't do too badly.

gary88 and Sydneysider like this.
  12. Al Bootyerbaws

I said the exact same thing to this daft hun fud when he made these fat comments months ago. Get him to * admin.

Wllm and Wee Baldy like this.
  13. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    It left a bitter taste in the mouth that 'welcome'. We were not trying to take over but hopefully be accepted for what we had to offer, and learn, and not compete with anyone.
    We said at the beginning, in a friendly way, that we would be having this conversation at the end, and we did so in a civil way as new members to the thread. There was no need for the ugly abuse we got for giving our opinion on Ange's qualities, but some were not willing to be welcoming, especially after the disappointment of the Howe fiasco left the club high and dry with the season just about to start. To be fair , many were very accepting, apart from some of the 'hard core' local contributors.

Right then, no more of that. Dundee Utd and Motherwell to beat, happy faces all round, and that SPL Cup held aloft by Calmac at the end of the season ! Who ever thought SPL was a lesser British league to play in, needs to get their head examined.

14. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

1. Get over it
    2. You's weren't friendly
    3. Aye there was

Peej likes this.
  15. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Love his transfer policy in bringing players in, hit the signings early get them settled. None of this * about waiting until the last minute.

Also have a feeling he us very open with the players that he doesn't see a future here too. I don't think:

Barkas
    McCarthy
    Dembele
    Ajeti
    Forrest

Will be here next season for a given. I'll wait to judge him and the club at the start of next season to see how big his balls are

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Should be a good game tonight and the title secured, it is in essence, but no more doubts or concerns. Presentation soon.

Been s great first season of football from Ange and the team.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

George Theodorou likes this.
  17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Ange has sacked off players with bigger reputations than those you’ve written. Harry Kewell, Lucas Neil and Mark Schwarzer to name a few.

Noskeil likes this.
  18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Oh no doubt, just hope he is allowed the freedom to do so.

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Forrest might be the only one who doesn’t get shifted, by request of the club. So far Ange seems to have carte blanche with transfers and how he wishes to run things, so the rest I can see getting moved on if that’s his wish.

Noskeil likes this.
  20. DdoubleD

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Pretty sure we need a home grown quota in the champs league, so yeah highly doubt forrest leaves.