1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Doak

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Dec 26, 2021.

Discuss Ben Doak in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

As long as he sticks 'Celtic' on his boots he'll be sound

:fear:

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think he would've been a star here within a couple year's..

Aw well. Massive move for him..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

5. celtic20

Came on against the huns and immediately went past a few and put himself about. Looked right up for it. Just a shame we haven't been able to convince him to stick around and see that potential grow a bit. Could still be back one day though.

6. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  7. mayo

The next John Fleck. Yes I’m bitter.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Shame for us if he turns into an amazing player but there is nothing to suggest he will get a sniff of any first team football.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We’ll have a percentage of any future fee, so be good of that happens anyway and will be a boost for our academy. Probably would be annoying though.

aliceinsound likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Can’t seem to care about this even a little bit. Good luck to the lad. Never even knew who he was until February so there ye go.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hate seeing our younger lads leave to go elsewhere for * all.. but all he is now is potential. Like most players that leave Celtic I'll forget about him fairly sharpish.. (apart from Henrik)

12. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Clubs in Scotland must think what’s the point in putting loads of money into the youth academy when * like this can happen, clubs down south stealing your best talents for pennies, before they’ve even made any kind of impact in the first team. Sickening.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Welcome to the Layer Cake, son…

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just like everyone who leaves couldnt give a * about him now, only time I'll want him to do well if it makes us money.

eire4 and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Exactly how I feel.

There’s youth players who it hurts to see leave - guys like Maloney or Miller - who had made a big impact in the team already.

Doak may be very talented, but I think that he was still years away from making the breakthrough here.

Good luck to him, maybe in a few years we’ll wish he was here, but I don’t think we’ll actually notice his absence anytime soon.

16. aliceinsound

Well the 600k compensation fee pays for the compensation fees for us poaching Joey Dawson and Bosun Lawal with some change atleast

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. celtic warrior

I honestly think if any other our players were sounded out by a club like Liverpool with real serious intent of signing them...all of then would go, it may be a tougher choice for some over other players but they all would leave for a club like Liverpool.

Like for instance, (oh * do I know the amount * I'm about to get for this btw) if Liverpool wanted McGregor to help cover and rotate with Henderson....he'd be off as he'd have to fancy his chances there.

If they wanted any of our players be it from youth or senior team, they'd go. Can't fault the young lad for trying to give it a go, sure the money would have helped with the move and it is annoying to see so many talented youth players leave before making any serious impact on our senior team, but this a Celtic issue to which I don't know how it can resolved.

Like if Ange or any other manaber made a specific point of playing only youth and reserve players in domestic cup competition, our fan base would go wild....even more so if the decision were to lead to a loss against any team in lower division to us.

No Celtic manager is afford the opportunity to really play youth during Premiership games unless we are utterly riddled with injuries either and they sure as * ain't going to be given time in European games unless we just completely devoid of options through injuries/suspensions.

I honestly don't know how we can get more youth into the team, unless they really are exceptional talents like KT, even then...he struggled to break through.

Ajer struggled for games even initially despite showing he's worth with killie.

McGregor as well arguably struggled for game time even with his loan spell at Notts County proving incredibly fruitful for him.

18. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I do care that we lose talent like this. Ajax is a good example. They are keeping talent like this atleast untill they are 20-22. It is extremely important to keep talent since money destroyed the game.

But the dutch league have a better system when it comes to youth leagues etc.

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Their fans also won't go mental if they go a season or 2 trophyless. If we win nothing in a season at the very least 1 trophy is going to the hun. It can be helpful as they can give the youth players games over a long term plan to help strengthen them in the future.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The ones that have a pathway to get into the first team, and have the will and mentality to do it, then that’s what we want.

The ones that don’t, I wish them all the best and want them to leave praising what we’ve done for them.

Sometimes it’s not down to the talent alone though, the way Tierney ended up getting his chance was unorthodox and a perfect example. Only reason he had hos first session with the first team, was because he was left behind when the youth teams was away, and made sure he seized his chance. He never looked back, it forged an iron mentality right through him.

Ralston’s another, he played his way in at 18. And his route to being a trusted player this season was unexpected. McGregor our captain, thought he was out the door and was a loan at 21/22, change of manager and a debut goal put him into contention.
    Another change of manager and Rodgers spotting his talent and suiting not being on the wing, made him fight to be a valuable player for us.

The most valuable by this point for me. We need a balance of needing to be outstanding to get a place and allowing time to develop, but the ones that decide they’d rather do it elsewhere, fair enough.

And when its to clubs like Liverpool or Bayern Munich, ye can’t argue with it. That’s elite clubs.

Hjelde to Leeds is the annoying one for me, cos we didn’t keep our promises to Ajer was why he left. And that’s a loss.