1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Looks like he is coming onto a game just at right time, another great option to have.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Best he's played in age's..

Thought he was class second half..

3. Foley1888

A lot more like it yesterday from Forrest. Looked to take his man on, had that half a yard back in terms of his movement and speed of thought. Looked dangerous when he had the ball and linked well with Ralston and Rogic.

Hopefully a sign of things to come. His goal will also have done wonders for his confidence.

4. celtic warrior

Did he not looked really subdued for his goal?

Wouldn't say his normally a mad emotional celebratory * but he just didn't seem right when he scored.

Very somber.

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A Man of the Match performance, a killer goal, three points at a venue where they have become notoriously hard to come by, and bragging rights in the Forrest family home – a good day at the office all in for James Forrest.

The Celtic winger returned to the side for the trip to Almondvale where he would line up against younger brother, Alan turning out for the home side, and the Hoops player celebrated in the best possible way.

Not only did his goal put the game to bed, but after picking up a through ball from Jota, he slotted the ball home with no lack of skill and precision with his supposedly weaker left foot.

The Celt said: “I was delighted to obviously score and make an impact as well, and just keep helping the team, but delighted to get on the scoresheet as well.

‘I’ve been having a lot of chances lately and not managed to score, but sometimes the harder ones, they go in.’

“I just hope I can keep adding to that now.”

Forrest’s goal came soon after a lightning start to the second half when the Hoops made it 2-0 almost straight from the restart.

The 30-year-old said: “We knew that Livingston would come out for the second half maybe thinking that they didn’t do themselves justice in the first half.

“So I think us scoring really early set the tone for the second 45 again and it was another good performance in the second half.”

And the winger, like his manager, was delighted with the all-round team performance of the Celts at a difficult venue.

He said: “I really enjoyed it, obviously it’s been really highlighted in this game, but I think everyone right from the start, throughout the full 90 minutes stayed strong and competitive.

‘We got the goals as well, so it was a great day all-round and we got the three points so we can look forward to the next game.’

“You could say, ‘just get the three points’, but I think we had a really good performance as well. That helps the team – the players and staff, that we actually came here, had a really good performance and got the three points.

“So, as I said, we can build on that and look forward to the next game.”

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

James Forrest admits relief was a major emotion when he netted his first league goal of the season to tie up a rare win for Celtic at Livingston.

The winger fired home Celtic’s third goal with his left foot to make it four goals in all for the season and extend his run of scoring in the top flight to 13 consecutive seasons.

The 30-year-old barely moved or smiled after firing home before then being mobbed by his team-mates.

Forrest had waited a long time for his goal but not as long as Celtic have waited for victory at the Tony Macaroni Arena – their run without a win stretched back six games and 15 years.

When asked what he felt after the goal, Forrest said: “Maybe a bit of relief. It was to make it 3-0 as well so all round, I have not scored in a few games and it helped the team get to 3-0, so it was maybe a bit of relief.

“I can’t even remember now, just relieved and buzzing that I scored.”

When reminded about his record of scoring each season, Forrest said: “Someone said that to me a couple of months ago and I have felt as though I have had lots of chances and just not been able to take them. Sometimes the harder chances go in.

“The manager always says if the forward players keep getting in the right areas then they will get the goals and I was glad I managed to do that.

“I have been feeling good. The manager is not bothered who scores the goals.

“A lot of this season we have spread the goals amongst the squad. That helps, you are not just looking at one or two players to keep scoring the goals, even though a couple have scored more than others.

“If I just keep working hard and getting the chances, they will come sooner or later.”

Forrest admitted there had been a determination to end their poor record in Livingston and restore their three-point lead over Rangers in the cinch Premiership.

“There was talk about us coming here and not being able to win over the years, so I felt we stamped our authority and got a few goals,” he said.

“There’s no hiding away from it – everyone knew, even the new players, that it was going to be tough.

“I think it’s the best we have played here. We scored three and had other chances as well, so I think that is really good for the staff and the players to put in a performance like that.”

7. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Fantastic run across the defender and clinical as * with the finish. Keep it up Jamesy. :50:

moravcik1888 likes this.
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    and another thing....this is a guy who has devoted his entire career to Celtic. How often do you see that these days, too often we've had to endure these 'here today gone tomorrow' prima donnas who couldn't wait to leave Celtic. Most of them didn't possess half the talent oor Jamesy has. He has had a trophy laden glittering career and let's hope for the sake of our Title run-in that Jamesy has now fully recovered from his long term injury and do what he does best...win Premier League Titles in the Green and White.

HoopyT and steg like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. BigDoggyWoofWoof

Look great, hope to see him kick on and prove us all wrong.

Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Decent tonight but looked like he pulled a muscle or something later on. Thought Ange was going to take him off earlier for it. Hopefully he's ok.

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Looked good again.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Think he does it when he's knackered and Ange has sussed him and said * that you're staying on ya wee * :ange2:

Wllm likes this.
  15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I thought he was good again tonight, but by * has he lost a lot of pace.

Might be a blessing in disguise, needs to be smarter with his play now, who knows.

16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was decent last night, his passing good, defiantly lost some pace.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointing he’s out but happy it’s nothing major

The only one not available is James Forrest who pulled up a bit sore from the other night. Nothing too serious but he'll miss tomorrow".

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    With Jamesy oot, great chance for wee Karamoka to grab a chance.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Karamoko is playing for the b team today.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. Keano88

Seems like a waste of time at this stage.

Would have liked him on the bench today after his cameo vs United.

Dan Breen likes this.