1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What we need in the Summer

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by HTG, Feb 1, 2022.

Discuss What we need in the Summer in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    After watching the last few games, I think these positions are vital in the summer

LB - Nothing else to be said, this needs to be our #1 priority in the summer, need a quality left back signed soon as possible.

CB - I rate Starfelt, and he's been excellent recently, but even if he keeps his form up I think we need another CB to properly challenge him. Ideally loan Welsh out and keep Jullien until January to see if he can contribute.

CDM - Feels mental saying we need another midfielder but this is a position that will majorly help us. I think we're much better with McGregor further up the pitch, but McCarthy, Soro and Bitton aren't good enough long-term, and I think Ideguchi will be back-up, so i'd like to see us bring in a proper, destroyer-like CDM for the midfield, with McGregor and One of Hatate/O'Riley/Rogic playing the other spot

2. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Someone who can score freekicks

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Totally agree with you about the left back situation. Hopefully we can find someone at Juranovic's level and then we would have Taylor as a good back up. In terms of center back I think your right there as well. I think by the summer Ange will know whether he feels Jullian can be that guy or whether he needs to go buy another one.
    I agree with you about a holding mid as well. We have bodies there right now but not really what we need. Obviously McGregor can do a job there. Biton is a solid back up. But McCarthy has been a disappointment and Soro clearly has no future and is better off being sold during the summer. So there is no really clear guy nailing down that spot other then McGregor can do a good job there as needed.

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    A strong Rangers

Guchi Gucci and Twisty like this.
  5. celtic warrior

An Ange Celtic Alarm clock.

6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Big CH, decent LB and box to box big athletic midfielder. Oh, and a decent back up GK

7. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    'Dunno about you mate but I reckon it's time you got your * * out of bed'...Take my money!!

celtic warrior likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

I was thinking "Wake up ya *"

9. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Bain out - young keeper in to challenge then take over from Hart.

Jullien decision - if he's not up to challenge for CCV and Starfelt, then time to replace him with someone who will.

Boli out the door and first choice left back in.

Soro, Mccarthy and Bitton gone - first choice DM in.

Ajeti gone, with another player like Kyogo in who can play on the wing or through the centre.

We have quite few other players to move on either permanent or on loan, but number 1 priority is to sign both CCV and Jota.

10. Foley1888

For me I would love us to sign

-CCV as a dominant CB,
    -Oscar Dorley or Doron Leidner for LB,
    -Bazoer to cover ball playing CB and DCM,
    -Sivert Mannsverk DCM/CM,
    -Solbakken as another RW/LW option or failing that Sebastian Jorgensen for the same job,
    -Jota LW.
    -Feisty Ebosele, as a prospect attacking RB or Winger who can play either side.

I would also like to see Bosun Lawal given the chance to rival Welsh as 3rd/4th choice CB.

Sell Barkas, Doohan, Hazard, Boli, Urhoghide, Julien, Soro, McCarthy, McInroy, Afolabi, Ajeti, Johnston and possibly Bitton.

I think we may lose Juranovic if there are teams from big leagues interested in him given his age he may fancy a crack at one of them. I am also not sure if Turnbull shows good form between now and the end of the season and won’t sign a new deal if he may move on.

If Juranovic goes I would look at Sampsted from Bodo/Glimt, Rasmus Cartensen of Silkeborg, Snorre Strand Nilsen of Kristiansund or Sebastian Sebulonsen Viking. They are all very athletic, good on the ball, front foot defenders that provide assists and carry a goal threat. None of them would be expensive and Sampsted, Cartensen and Sebulonsen would all offer good resale value. Nilsen has the potential to be a Lustig type stalwart.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022