1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No qualifiers could be huge when it comes to the summer transfer window and giving new players time to get up to speed with the system. So yes, I agree, while it would be gutting if we didn't get them it wouldn't leave us in the usual hole we find ourselves in at the end of the season this time, if we win the league. As long as they help us do that it's pretty much all we can ask for, them staying on would be a bonus for me.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Maloney has some job on his hands, losing his best player in Boyle, Nisbet almost certain to leave in the Summer too.

3. Damnati

Yes I agree. But he needs go up them before anyone will come in for him. Despite his numbers which are obviously good, I don't think he has the same influence on the team other players who have got themselves a move.

4. Damnati

Good player and still has potential but I'm not sold. Rogic has been the difference for us in big games before. Haven't had enough of that from Turnbull yet. It will come, but I don't see a big move for him being imminent.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I agree with the last part, definitely needs to sign a new deal and have another good season

Damnati likes this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    BTW all these signings just shows you how bad our squad was, I know it's a new style were playing but still I don't think I've seen this many signings in one season ever at Celtic.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Sometimes I think that it's hard for fans to be honest about certain players. We big them up because that's all we have and we seem to have accepted or have been resigned to poorer level of play. A new manager with different ideas has really pulled us all up by the short and curlies. Can you imagine how some of our long term players are feeling right now seeing the kind of talent that's coming in? It might be really unsettling for some who know they are very limited in their efforts.

Wllm, ArturBorucCSC and Noskeil like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The long term ones that are really left are Bitton, Jamesy and Calmac. Not sure if it applies to them, Bitton sacrificed himself for years playing out of position to help the team, Last year Forrest was injured and was a massive part of a Quadruple Treble and I don’t think lack of effort can be labled at McGregor, think his biggest problem last year was he was trying to do everything, and ultimately ended up doing nothing as a result but that’s more just my reading of his play last season

9. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You can tell the huns are shocked by what we've managed to achieve in such a short time.

We were dead in the water at the end of last season. Many, including myself, predicted that we may be in for a spell of a few years where we'd struggle to win any silverware.

We needed 17+ first team players and we couldn't afford to get the wrong players in. All fans had this season down as a transitional season - a free hit for Ange.

* me.

This has been a massive turnaround. The biggest in my lifetime. The club needed a huge overhaul and we're about 3 players short of having an outstanding squad, not team - Squad.

You can sense the fear from the other side of the city. Yes, they're top still but they know that we have done the impossible and hung onto their coat tails and now we have reinforcements. We're ready for the full on slog of a full season. We didn't even miss Kyogo and had Jota on as a cameo against Hibs.

They're in shock we've turned it around so quickly and any slip up gives them the fear.

If we get a left back in the door, I'm confident we'll win the league.

Cherry on the cake would be CCV and Jota signing on, whether that be at the end of the season, I don't care. Both are outstanding additons and I'd love them to be made permanent.

Sign a left back, center back and someone that can play as a winger and an attacking mid and sign CCV and Jota permanently and we have a squad that not only is rebuilt but one that is architecturally robust.

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The guy next door moved in about 3 years ago, he's a hun, always giving it the cocky comments etc, saw him today and got talking about the league. * is dismayed at what's happening to 'his club' downsizing, selling all their assets. Then he stated the signings we signed in the summer were good but this January has shocked him with the calibre of players we've signed.

I told him the prices we paid for each player and he went pure white, laughed and said not even broken the bank for a near complete overhaul of a squad. Then for the first time in 3 years said 'I'm genuinely worried noo, we need to win the league this year no matter what or we're in the serious *'. I wanted to * myself laughing but his wee face you could see the hurt and the penny dropping.

At the start of the season I had us down for a comfortable 2nd place, rocky in patches. Now I think 1st and the 2 cups is a real possibility, the squad ange has put together in such a short time is absolutely mind blowing. If I was a betting man I'd even wager a bet on getting to the European Conference League final.

As for players I think McGregor will still be used as the linchpin of the squad, a big part for CJ as I still think he's our strongest defender, Forrest unfortunately unless his form rapidly improves I think he will be limited to bench appearances or a bit part player.

11. Sgt Neppers*

Despite having our best January, feel still something is missing. Then I realised what it was.....a trip to Dubai!! :67:

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Foley1888

Great post!

I think the thing that makes it more remarkable is when Ange came in, the fact he came himself, parted ways with our Lawwell replacement already and although now strengthened the backroom team in Sport Science were slow to do it and have been going through the season with gaps in our infrastructure.

Despite all that we now have a squad capable of competing. As you say there are still a few you would sign but looks like between the rest of this window and the summer we are aiming to do that.

If we lose two of Barkas, Boli, Ajeti even on loan with an option to buy it will be a very good transfer window on both ins and outs.

I think for once our manager has got backing from the CEO and they are believing we have a real shot at this title and the CL entry it could bring. They see that getting there doesn’t just bring that prize money, it likely allows our squad a decent summer break for the first time for over a decade and probably fit in an overseas preseason tour bringing in more money to the club.

For historical significance last season was big but in terms of progressing as a club the opportunities this one provides are massive.

Noskeil, Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Get Buchanan in for a nominal fee now to make left back his own.

Get Bazoer and Gudmundsson on pre-contracts. Bazoer can play as a center back and can be used in midfield if we're struggling with injuries and Gudmundsson can play as a winger or an attacking mid. Get to look them in for a nominal fee, too. If we have to wait until summer, we can.

Could get Buchanan, Bazoer and Gudmundsson for £3m-£5m.

From now until summer, get CCV and Jota in on permanents. £12m combined.

Punt Barkas, Ajeti, Boli and Soro for £4m.

Champions League squad - done.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nicholson and Ange deserve huge credit..

And the window still has 10 days to run..

We're a club on the rise, no doubt..

We've added quality, who are at the right age momentum is with us.. If you compare us to the other side, they were always going to get a little boost a new manager gives, but most of their talented players want to leave which is a massive difference..

Nothing is won, but we're definitely on the right track..

Noskeil, Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and 6 others like this.
  15. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    Ange would be wrestling now, working the solar plexus, diving off the top turnbuckle, biting the nose and headbutting the opponent to ultimately get the Irresistible Iranian, Mhedi.

Tommy25, Jeannie960 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All clubs go through cycles.

They have never had a rebuild and are due one. Usually, you continuously recycle where one or two players leave and you replace them. We had a whole squad overhaul. You look at that hun team and you sense that as they haven't had a few out the door, a few in ever, they are going to have a huge problem where 5+ first teamers will leave in the same window and they will have to replace them.

They don't want to stay. They've spent a long time in Glasgow, it's only natural they want to explore ventures new. Their manager did. Why should they stay?

This is a huge problem where they won't be able to get like for like replacements in style or quality. They'll be forced to change style, which will be a huge transition. We've surprised everyone with our recruitments and style but that's a huge shock, which no one expected.

They're going to really struggle. It'll make it worse if they don't make Champions League football. Goldson, Kent, Morelos, Aribo will all be away. Will Davis and McGregor retire? Others will then start to question their own career choices after seeing those above leave.

That's their entire spine bar Barasic and Tavenier gone.

Noskeil, JC Anton and Jeannie960 like this.
  17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    It's all like a fairytale. Absolutely astonishing the calibre of player he's bringing in.

18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    In all honesty I can't imagine anyone wanting Morelos. I think that he's literally stuck there. The longer Kent stays with them his value will drop as will that of the rest you mentioned. They're a club in trouble and prospective buyers will sense that.

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Was looking at the age of the players the other night, was surprised how young most of them are. Their squad is ageing and their contract situation with most of their players is a shambles.

As you say we are on the right track, it’s happening a lot quicker than anyone expected. Plus we have won something :84:.

I know you meant the league. Its going to have to be some effort to get ours hands on it but it’s possible. It’s not as life or death as some are making out either regarding the CL. We can still qualify coming second and with the way we are going I’ll be as confident as I’ve ever been in years going into the qualifiers. Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to that this year though.

3 massive league games coming up. Win them and we are in with a proper shout and the momentum will be with us.

Jeannie960, Hammy89 and JC Anton like this.
  20. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    They'll be someone out there willing to take a gamble on Morelos - maybe a Russian or a Turkish club etc.

They won't get what they think he's worth. He'll push through a move as soon as a concrete bid is in. He'll throw his toys out the pram until he gets his move. They'll be lucky to get £6m. He's only got a year left on his contract, same as Kent and Aribo. Arfield and Goldson are as good as gone - contracts are expiring at the end of the season.

I know this is very hun heavy for our January window but it's to put it into context. We've had an entire squad rebuild and it's absolutely astonishing. The huns are due one. Will lthey match ours? It's highly unlikely.

Jeannie960 likes this.