1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hearts, Dundee United & Hun Games

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ArturBorucCSC, Jan 10, 2022.

Discuss Hearts, Dundee United & Hun Games in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

If we have three or four players missing we ask for a postponement and the zombies would also not wanting to give us a advantage would also would ask for it .
    Yes we will have a fixture backlog but I would rather play three games a week later in the season with a full selection of players available and rather play these games with vital players missing and could cost us the league .

Rydo1888* and oh bhoy like this.
  2. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm not too worried and think we should go ahead. Yes we'd be missing players and do have some injuries still, on a known impact it's only really Rogic and Kyogo that are missing as we've never seen the others. Both of those are a big miss bit I think we can cope alright, Maeda, hatate and Guchi are only possible, unlikely for idaguchi, his last callup was 2019, hatate didn't play last time so will probably not be in the squad and Maeda not to sure but he deserves a callup.

if we were to request postponements it could lead to further pain in an already congested season, I still think we have all we need even missing them and it's more of a * you to the huns beating them with players away

GreenLeanMean likes this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd ask for the postponement.

I don't really care when we face any of those teams but it would * off the huns and Hearts and I'm all for doing that at any opportunity.

Moore, oh bhoy, JML67 and 9 others like this.
  4. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    If the game had gone ahead on 2nd Jan it's unlikely they would have played anyway, and Jota would have been out injured.

5. john2061

If the rule is there take the postponement and it would * off the undead and we take every advantage going and play the games with a full squad and £40 million at stake .

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    This is true. But we still are risking a massive amount of players being out for this.

Seems odd we seemed very much in favour, knowing we would end up with 5 match day players out the squad.

7. oh bhoy

When are the call ups announced no doubt have to wait till then to ask for a postponement

8. stevoEOS

Not that odd, playing without fans would be worse imo.

9. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't think we'll ask for postponements, aside from the congestion it'll cause further down the line we don't want to give them breathing space- games in hand or not, there's still the potential for them to go 12 points clear. That said, unless we do more business this month I do worry about our squad- from the little we've seen of Giakoumakis so far, Kyogo (and Maeda based on what everyone's been saying) are the only ones who look like they can really plan Ange's system. Add to that the fact that without all the Japanese bhoys and Rogic, and with Turnbull injured, we've not really got another option for the midfield. Bitton, McGregor and... McCarthy? Abada? It'd give me the fear going into the game against them with no Rogic, Turnbull, Guchi or Hatate.

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We won’t ask for postponement if ange is smart we tell the Japanese FA Kyogo isn’t over his hamstring then when 2nd feb comes he starts and we say the rest done him well

Big Marn likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's a risky game to play as national FAs can request that players be ruled ineligible if they pull out of International call-ups.

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Also, a dirty move that would ruin the good will Ange, and by extension we, have over there. Their clubs have done business with us fairly, better keep relations good.

Ange should try and reach people close to their NT and see if Maeda and Hatate are likely to be called up. If not, that's enough for us to be able to win these 3 games (Ideguchi has not been in the JNT for some time). If they are likely to be called up, we should ask for a postponement of the domestic fixtures.

craigtheceltic and Seán Mac D like this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Would like to know this myself. I see they have a squad announced already for a friendly on Jan 21st I think. It’s already included Maeda and Hatate but did say it was announced when it was just J League only players I think. So I’m sure there will be a few changes.

14. oh bhoy

Sat 22nd jan apparently

Luis1967 likes this.
  15. GreenLeanMean

Dan Orlowitz (@aishiterutokyo) Tweeted: @TheTweetofShaun If Kyogo is fit he dead-on makes the squad, no question about it.

If he's *not*, Maeda's chances improve.

Reo's chances better than 0% but not very high.

And no chance at all for an Ideguchi call-up.

16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    These games will never be postponed as before the break we played without these players being here so the league will say no chance . We brought these players here knowing they all could be out for these games

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Surprised that he thinks Reo might not get picked. Knowing our luck Kyogo will miss out though injury increasing Maedas chances of a call up

18. Foley1888

This all depends on how many of the new boys actually get picked if none of them and CCV doesn’t for USA then it’s Rogic and Kyogo away and it’s tough.

If Maeda gets called up too then we have a decision to make because our best forward line is then Jota Giakoumakis Abada for these three games.

If CCV gets called up then again surely we need to consider asking for postponement that’s our best CB, most creative midfielder and main striker all missing. It’s all well saying that’s tough but we then don’t win those 3 games you are basically throwing away the league.

In addition you’ve got to think a sensible conversation is being had with national teams Rogic will play if called up and Kyogo used but if the others are just cover then surely someone else from a domestic league could fulfil such a role.

19. GavCFC1

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou is refusing to rule out a request to postpone the Old Firm derby at Parkhead.

The Hoops gaffer has previously stated that he won’t stop any of his players reporting for international duty in February.

But if three or more Celtic stars are called up for World Cup qualifiers, Postecoglou will consider taking advantage of the rules to have the Rangers clash called off.

The second Old Firm game of the season is scheduled for Wednesday 2 February at Parkhead.

But Celtic could have as many as SIX players away.

They include Japanese quartet Kyogo Furuhashi, Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi and Reo Hatate, as well as Aussie playmaker Tom Rogic and American centre-back Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Postecoglou insists he won’t make a final decision until the squads are announced.
    The Celtic manager said: “It’s not a problem yet.

“I could spend hours thinking about what we’re going to do, strategise and having meetings about it – then in the end find out that only one player gets selected.

“So I’m not going to worry about it.

“We’ll plan as we always have, that when we lose our players to international duty we’ll crack on and play the games we need to play.

As it stands, none of the players have been selected yet. If that happens, we’ll look at it then.”

Celtic’s star striker Kyogo looks certain to be called up – if fit – for Japan’s crucial World Cup games against China on January 27 and Saudi Arabia on February 1.

It’s unlikely that all four Japanese players will be away, with Ideguchi for example still uncapped.

Rogic looks a stick on to be selected for the Socceroos who face Vietnam and Oman on the same dates.

While Carter-Vickers is in contention for the USA who play El Salvador, Canada and Honduras that week

But if Celtic don’t want to play the Rangers game, the likelihood is they’d have to ask for THREE Premiership fixtures to be postponed.

As well as the Old Firm on February 3, they’re also due to play Hearts on January 26 and Dundee United on January 29.

Rule G7 of the SPFL’s rule book states that clubs can request re-arrangement of “any official match where three or more of its players who would otherwise have participated in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt of such an application, the board may postpone and rearrange the relevant official match in accordance with rule G3”

Rangers themselves could find themselves in a similar boat ahead of the critical Old Firm fixture.

If Nigeria reach the semi-finals of the Africa Cup of Nations taking place now in Cameroon, Joe Aribo will still be absent.

And for the World Cup qualifiers in February, Scott Arfield, Alfredo Morelos, Kemar Roofe and James Sands could all potentially be called up by their respective countries.

Arfield’s Canada has games on January 28, 30 and February 3.

Morelos is being touted for a Colombia recall, who face Peru and Argentina.

While Roofe’s Jamaica have games lined up against Mexico, Panama and Costa Rica.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If they are without 4 players too wait till you see the narrative change!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022