1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Johnny Kenny

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2022.

Discuss Johnny Kenny in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Coming in at a good time. Has all the attributes hope it works out well for him

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The Jonjoe patter is honking.

LectersLuncheon and King Kwon like this.
  3. TheHappyLoss

Imagine how that boy feels just now? Must be amazing.

Tommy25, Dannybhoy81 and stew37 like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Must rate him very highly to give him a 5 year deal.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have made the club’s fourth signing of the January transfer window as young Irishman, Johnny Kenny has joined the Hoops.

The 18-year-old striker has arrived from League of Ireland Premier Division side, Sligo Rovers on a five-year deal subject to the usual conditions and international clearance.

The youngster joins the three other recent signings, Japanese trio Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi and Reo Hatate, as Ange Postecoglou's Celts strengthen the side early in the transfer window.

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

It's a very difficult choice to make. Glasgow Celtic or hibs! If one has the belief in there own ability, you sign for Celtic! If you've any doubts, you sign for the likes of Hibs! I really hope he makes it! Love seeing Irish players in our team.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hopefully the next big thing.

Would be great to have a young striker come through.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  10. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Only start really getting into watching more league of ireland last season cause me brother is with the pats 19s and have to say it’s a better standard than some think. Hopefully the lad kicks on for us. Only 18 and was playing a division ahead of where barry coffey was playing and had a very strong season. Good signs

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Think this boy may surprise a few. Not immediately maybe,but from what I've seen he has really good movement and is a good finisher as well. Anyway welcome young man

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Still a project signing but I was thinking just the same myself. There must be a real belief that the young lad has a real chance given the length of the contract. Lets hope that turns out to be the case.

14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's hardly that cut and dried. You can have belief in your own ability while also believing you'll not be given the opportunity to show it in the first team here, based on what you have seen of other young talents that have joined us, who no doubt also believed in their own ability.

It can have a lot to do with how quickly they want to develop as a player vs the prestige of the club they are joining and wages. Join celtic, either get loaned out or play with the colts and, if you are very lucky, get on the bench with a couple of sub appearances in which to impress. And then if you are very very lucky maybe get some regular game time in a few years. Or go somewhere you are likely to be playing most weeks in the top league in the country much sooner, gain experience, and improve as a player. I'd say most ambitious young players, with anyone sensible advising them, would take the latter route.

Good luck to the lad, I think he'll need it, but I hope he gets a chance to show us what he can do sooner rather than later.

Liam Scales likes this.
  15. Sgt Neppers*

Congrats to the lad. Massive move for him, which I hope he thrives in. Be great to see a striker come from the youths and break through in to the first team.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Johnny Kenny needs no introduction to Celtic Football Club. Growing up amongst Hoops supporters in the west of Ireland, the 18-year-old is all too aware of the size and history of the club.

So, when the call came from Celtic to try to bring him over to Glasgow, the striker knew the decision was a no brainer.

After an impressive debut year with his hometown club Sligo Rovers in the League of Ireland, scoring freely in all competitions, Kenny is now raring to impress the Celtic support and he can’t wait to get his first taste of the Paradise pitch.

He said: “It feels amazing. Thankfully it’s over the line now and it’s time to get down to work and impress the manager and get in and amongst it all.

“I had a good season with Sligo and it was great to play there but when Celtic come in it’s a no brainer.

“It’s such a big club here and back home and so many of my family and friends support the club, so I couldn’t wait to get here.

“Coming from the Showground, it’s a lovely ground in Sligo and its home but when you come here it’s just something different.

'Playing in front of 60,000 fans at Celtic Park will be a dream come true at a stadium with such history.'

“I’m looking forward to playing in-front of the fans and giving everything I have to keep the team winning and hopefully I can win a lot of trophies here.

“I’m a striker that likes to get in behind and press defenders. I bring massive work-rate to the team and hopefully I can score goals and get the fans on their feet.”

Signing a five-year contract, the Republic of Ireland Under-19 internationalist will train with Ange Postecoglou’s side, as he hopes to establish himself as a regular in the first team.

A number of youngsters have made their mark this season and Kenny says the manager’s belief in youth was an important factor in his decision.

“The manager was massive,” he said. “I was talking to him a few times before I came and it’s amazing the way he wants to play and what he thinks of me.

“The amount of young players he’s brought through here has been unreal and I hope I can play under him.

“I’ve signed a long-term deal so I want to come here, win trophies, score goals, get the fans on my side and win stuff here at Celtic Park and bring more success.”

Tommy25 and tarboltontim like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Congrats wee man

19. ArturBorucCSC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Exactly. Irish clubs have been doing quite well in European qualifiers in recent years e.g. the likes of Bohs and Rovers doing as well as Scottish clubs in Conference League qualifiers. Had Kenny signed from Hibs, there'd be more excitement on here about it. There's no reason he can't make it here.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Likes to press defender's..

Almost all our sigings are in the mould of how Ange wants us to play..

How it should be..

Tommy25 likes this.