1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    'Hello my name is Reo, call me Reo.'

Okay Jim......

2. Foley1888

Same here for me I think it is he seems like the type of midfielder we have been needing, obviously dependent on if he can translate his form from Japan to here.

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

I've got a real gut feeling he is going to be unreal for us.

Tommy25, martin_d and DonnyCelt like this.
  4. DonnyCelt

Seems to have more of a physique than the Kyogo, Daizen and Guci.

5. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think his link up play with Kyogo is going to be class.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    More than likely won't play against the huns because of the moron scheduling.

7. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Full game with Reo in his midfield role. Worth watching if you have plenty of free time and curious to see what he's like. His build up play for the equaliser about an hour and 17 mins in was really nice. Think he's going to do a lot of that here :shamrock:

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Reo Hatate: His Harry Potter dream and why there will be no Celtic excuses
    The Celtic support’s fervent hope is that Reo Hatate’s title spell won’t be broken in the Japanese midfielder’s new home.

Meanwhile, a wizard has been on the mind of the 24-year-old as he ponders the experiences on offer to him in Scotland. Through pursuing his university studies, it wasn’t until two years ago that Hatate began to enchant at senior level with Kawasaki Frontale. A club that have since worked their charms with back-to-back J-League successes. Bagging another with Ange Postecoglou’s side is the objective in the first half of 2022. But the player, signed in Celtic’s triple January transfer raid on homeland alongside striker Daizen Maeda and midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi, wants the coming months to bring trips to the locations immortalised in the celluloid outings of sorcerer Harry Potter.

“I have heard that in Scotland there are places and areas where the movies of Harry Potter were filmed,” Hatate said of the JK Rowling literary creation. “I would like to go and see them and to visit these places where that filming was done. I know about the train and the bridge. I have seen all of the films and I like them. That would be good to see those things.” If his title run can be sustained, it was put to Hatate there could be locations in Scotland where he could possibly find his exploits appearing on a DVD stand alongside the Potter films. A thought that seemed to appeal greatly to him. “Yes, that would be good!” he said.

The eyes set to be on the attacker as he makes his debut when the cinch Premiership resumes for Celtic next Monday following the winter break might be modest compared to those that widen over the Potter fantasies. But the end of covid restrictions in time for the hosting of Hibs that will allow a 60,000 capacity-crowd to be in attendance is motivation for Hatate to provide them an evening to be thrilled by his bewitching.

It is very exciting to think about the fact we will be playing at the stadium next Monday,” Hatate said. “I want to show my football in front of the Celtic supporters so that they can remember what I have done. I am very excited to be here and training and working with the other players. I have had quite a short break since the end of the last season [in Japan, in November], but that doesn’t matter to me. In one week, we have a game at Celtic and there will be no excuses from me. I will prepare myself and be 100 per cent ready.”

The new Japanese acquisitions have the toughest act to follow – Kyogo Furuhashi making a mesmerising impact since his £4.6million move from Vissel Kobe in July. Hatate is his own man, though. “I was aware of it and I was enjoying what was happening with him,” he said. “But, for me, that was a thing that was involving another player. I am me and I have to try and concentrate on what I can do when I am here. What I want to do here is to keep doing what I have been in the past few years.”

Tommy25, packybhoy and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Sounds magic. :50:

oh bhoy likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Literally my first thought in all the smudges of them..

Looks solid..

DonnyCelt and Keano88 like this.
  12. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He's got a decent low center of gravity for sure. His technique is the stand out for me though.

Think only Jota tops him.

Champions0607 and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The days, hours and minutes are rapidly ticking away now for the Hoops' first game of 2022 after the winter break when Hibernian visit Celtic Park on Monday night in the rearranged fixture from before the bells.

It’s an occasion that thousands of Hoops fans are looking forward to taking in live now that crowd restrictions have been lifted once more – news that has been ecstatically welcomed by the players in the Celtic camp as well.

It’s fair to say, though, that some may be looking forward to the game with an added soupçon of expectation, with a new quartet of players already been added to the roster in early January.

Of course, it’s a bit early to be second-guessing teamlines at the moment, but that hasn’t stopped new Bhoy, Reo Hatate from dreaming about what possibly may be his first appearance in front of a packed Paradise.

He said: “Celtic Park is obviously extremely historical and at the moment Celtic are doing extremely well, so I imagine the fans will be really excited to come and watch us play.

“So my goal is to show my style of football to the fans as soon as possible and contribute towards their excitement.”

The midfielder, along with fellow Japanese new Bhoys, Daizen Maeda and Yosuke Ideguchi, is also looking forward to playing under the tutorship of Ange Postecoglou who he admired in the J League and that has only added to the enjoyment of his first week in Glasgow.

The 24-year-old said: “I know him really well from Japan, and when you observe his games, it’s so obvious that his style of football is fun to watch and attacking-based, so I’m really excited to be joining the team.

'I feel excited towards the game, but at the same time I want to compete to be able to be in the team, so I’m working really hard towards that.’

"In terms of the past week, I have been walking around Glasgow, enjoying the scenery and the buildings and the different culture. The people have been really nice here, so I’m settling in well.”

The forward-thinking midfielder see his best game-plan being utilised in Celtic’s pressing play with the accent on attack.

He added: “Personally I’m best in attacking-related positions, so midfield attacker is probably my best place.

“However if, the manager wants me to play in different positions, I’m mentally prepared and ready to play in different positions as well.

“Of course the training style is different and the culture over here is super-different, so when it comes to play speed, it’s really fast over here and the defence style is different as well.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Looks hench as, for an attack-minded mid

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. G40B

We really need an athletic central midfielder who can drive us forward.

Hope this is the guy. Spotted a few Japanese people online describing him as a CM.

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He is a CM/CAM according to Ange

Tommy25 and G40B like this.
  19. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Absolute pler already

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song: