1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The January Transfer Window 2021-2022

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 11, 2021.

Discuss The January Transfer Window 2021-2022 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic20

Morelos gave Jullien a * horrific time in the cup final. We didn't rely on Forster because Jullien and Ajer had brilliant games.

thomohoq likes this.
  2. celtic20

So so excited about Maeda. Looks to have so much to his game.

3. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Dont think I'll complain if we dont make any other new signings than the three already but if we could offload some dead weight in Ajeti, Barkas and Boli I'd be happy

Rogicisgod likes this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    We definitely need more than the three Jhapanese. At least another two. At a bare minimum.

We shouldn't be satisfied with the signings so far.

5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed. Would like to see us sign a center back and a left back of the quality level of Juaranovic. Then we could look to see if we can sell the likes of Barkas, Bolingoli and Ajeti.

Rydo1888* and Hammy89 like this.
  6. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Ange Postecoglou's Celtic transfer drive continues at full throttle as talks opened over a permanent deal for Cameron Carter-Vickers.

The Parkhead side thrilled fans with the treble signing of Daizen Maeda, Yosuke Ideguchi and Reo Hatate on New Year's Eve but have more transfers in the pipeline.

Talks have commenced with Tottenham Hotspur regarding on-loan Carter-Vickers following a strong start to life at Celtic Park.

The club are negotiating have begun negotiations with the Premier League outfit over a quick-fire deal for the American centre-back.

Celtic have an option to buy the 24-year-old as part of the initial summer loan agreement.

It is believed that figure is around £6 million and with significant add ons that could take the deal significantly up.

A Spurs source has confirmed that talks have now kicked off and there could be room for movement in the deal, in terms of the fee, the period it is paid up in and future add-ons.

Celtic are also looking to start similar talks with Benfica in a bid to take up the option they have in Jota’s current loan.

Drakhan likes this.
  7. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Celtic should bring back Naka as free kick coach as well as being a mentor for our very own Tora recruits.

Leone Naka Fan and Dan Breen like this.
  8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Your Maeda dream became a reality - Happy New Year.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Didn't say I was satisfied although I can see that was maybe implied, we have spent 22-23m so far this season and I don't expect any further dealings, Ange has said as much in previous interviews. I agree another 2 even loans would be ideal but providing we don'e get any more serious injuries, I think we have enough to win the league as is

10. ddub11

Need some height added to the defence mate.We cant defend corners nor do we score enough goals from them.We just dont dominate enough,honestly think juliens finished or even if he comes back i think he,ll struggle with injuries for the rest of his career.

11. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Maybe I am a bit rose tinted specs but I assume Julien is going to be OK or at least Ange/medical team seem to think so but I agree it is a bit of a risk

martin_d and ddub11 like this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mon Celtic ffs, we're 11hrs into the transfer window and only have 3 players in, get the finger out..

scuzzy, bagforlife, Rydo1888* and 7 others like this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think Ange sees that problem as an unavoidable side effect of his preference for speed and stamina. It's our problem that we are not good enough to deny opposing domestic teams set piece opportunities. Although, I'm not sure that denying them any set pieces is possible.

14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Totally agree. This problem is yet to be addressed. The imbalance here is clearly obvious.

Some may say that our policy of attacking and pressing does not allow teams to score against us in open play in SPL.
    However most of the goals we concede are from set piece plays - corners and free kicks crossed into the box.

Our ability to score from free kick situations and corner kicks is abysmal. We need players with height to be able to score in these situations and also defend such situations.

We have time on our side till mid January to get this problem rectified in training. Conceding any type of goal is a kick in the guts to the confidence of a team, especially the defenders. This applies to Celtic as well.

We need to get out of this fantasy of the Hollywood goal scored in the final minute of each game that we are not winning.

We should have games wrapped up by the 70th minute mark, with at least a 2 goal margin over the opposition.

We need to be clinical in our play and ruthless in getting the result. No wasted chances in front of goal, and low shots at goal each time.

There is a title to win this season and this team can do it, especially with our recent signings.

ddub11 likes this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    To the car park lads:ranting2:

Drakhan and JC Anton like this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I believe we are saving the Jota and CCV perm signing for the last day of the window instead of the usual loan pish.

I expect 1 more winger to sign since we've been light on them. Along with a couple of our "like a new signing" signings that should shore us up for the run in.

mpselkirk and JC Anton like this.
  17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Pretty sure Hatate and Maeda have played plenty of games on the wing so I’m not too sure we’ll be in for another

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Saving anything for the last day of the window strikes me as odd. Last day= panic buy. Doing everything at the start = preparedness.

honda likes this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe a big tall * to header the ball in would do.

20. Foley1888

We could do worse than move for Ola Solbakken from Bodo/Glimt. He is a big guy for a winger very fast, left footed but has played off the right this season but can play off the left too.

Not sure how much he would cost but only has a year left on his deal and has said he won’t be signing a new one and sees his future elsewhere.

I think we are definitely looking for another versatile forward with the links to Gudmundsson and Ferhat, as well as the chat we are looking at Dany Mota from Monza.

Also we are supposed to be looking at Portugal and Spain for bosmans, I wouldn’t be surprised if we moved for Rafa Soares from Vitória Guimarães.

martin_d likes this.