1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by McChiellini.., Dec 19, 2021.

Discuss St Mirren V Celtic Wednesday 19.45 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. robbiek

Fav Celtic Player:
    danny mcgrain
    I agree , that was the time ally was in charge. Plus they could lose some players at the next transfer window and do not think the money they will get will be spent on players. They will have frustrating games , I think we can go on from here some players due back from injury

bobs1974 likes this.
  2. greenpegasus

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    The league is far from over, but 30 shots and zero goals is less than acceptable. They seem to be grinding out results, with a little help from their friends, but they will drop points too. The matches against them are now very important to win.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. dmac

Last night was like watching a rerun of a game from last season Angeball is great when teams try to play a bit against you but for when they sit in front of you defending their goals it needs a different option. I would have thought that bringing on a forward from the b team to lead the line and give you a focal point would have been better than playing balls into the box with no one there mist of the time

Pacific Ocean Blue likes this.
  4. ddub11

The league is more important than a cup final that has no other rewards than a trophy(no europe).Iet me ask you this would you rather have a League Cup win or win the league?its that simple.

On a normal day we should be good enough to beat St mirren even with a weakened side but that in no way justifies playing kyogo on sunday when we were in a position where he was our only fit striker available.

Them dropped points could be the difference between winning or losing the league and no winning a league cup is going to make me feel any better come the end of the season.

5. Maestro 08

Was a tough watch but if Kyogo plays we win that. Abada was a man down, anything in to the box and he was nowhere to be seen and there was plenty coming in.

Where I do think Postecoglou got it wrong was playing Bitton. We were never gonna need a deep lying midfielder in that game. I think everyone knew what was in store pre match.

McGregor sitting in that role gives us much more zip about our play, Bitton slows everything down and essentially acted like a 3rd CB, which was the exact opposite of what we needed.

Henderson could have played were Turnbull normally does or have Juranovic wide and Moffat or Johnston central with McGregor deeper.

Still all to play for but we need reinforcements big time if we want to go the distance.

6. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    sadly yes, we need 17 wins from 19 games really to have a shot at it. tall order

7. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    A 6 point gap can easily be overturned when we’ve got half the season and 3 games against them still to come, some crazy defeatism in here at times. Was always going to be tough without 4 of our starting front 6 last night.

We’ll hopefully be a lot stronger by the time games restart and they may well have lost of player or two. Maybe the board will surprise us and get the signings in quickly for once..

8. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Albania looks nice.

9. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    If the forwards are not firing, then it is up to the midfielders to score.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Plucking random figures outta nowhere is pointless. The Zombies could drop points before we play them, who knows even on Boxing Day. Us or them aren’t winning 17 games in the second half of the season.

11. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Yes, I would rather win the league. However, It's not that simple; we couldn't have won or lost the league against St Mirren last night. I can see your point, but I argue that the cup final was a more critical game considering we are in December and still have plenty of points up for grabs. I would rather have silverware than two extra points at this stage of the season. Playing Kyogo was utterly justified, even more so when you consider the level of opposition in both games.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  12. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    If we only win 17 then all the huns need to do is win 15 out of 19 and that just brings us level, so if we drop more you are needing the huns to win only 12/13 games out of 19. Not going to happen

broonieboy likes this.
  13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The circumstances around the match took most of the players' focus away. The pitch conditions nullified our technical ability. And we had very little available on the bench. It was still a very prudent idea to leave Furuhashi out of that mess, despite the loss of 2 points. Better to lose 2 points once, than multiple times because his injury got aggravated playing on that pitch.

14. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Holy * , we only got beaten 0-0 and folk are wanting rid of half the team, others are wanting to commit suicide others are buying season tickets for ipox if they dont have them already if you have followed Celtic as long as i have you will be glad you havn't seen some of the games i have saw and some of the defeats. We are only 6 points behind not fukin 60 , if you dont like what Ange is doing dont knock him support him , if you dont like it apply for his job , if you are a lurker , keep lurking , as your friends at ipox said ,,,, " we didnt want the treble its only the league we want " thats their fukin mentality.

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

All hypothetical. One game at a time chief.

NomDePlum and Dalbeth3 like this.
  16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Ovb for everyone we have neglected set pieces under Rodgers Lennon and now ange struggling to get goals when teams park bus because of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I woke up this morning and for a few secs thought last night’s result was a dream. :31:

18. Samurai Bhoy

The worst part of this, is that this was the first game this season that I was 100% confident we’d win, was just just a matter of by how much.
    St. Mirren with their Colts team out, surely it was just a case of show up and get the points.

Unfortunately, it seems like the team went in with the same attitude as me.

19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I'd hate to see your nightmares

Dublin Celt, cidermaster and Luis1967 like this.
  20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    :56::56::56: