1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Giorgos Giakoumakis

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Giorgos Giakoumakis in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

I'm right there with you on this mate, and it baffles me that they don't pull the trigger more on bigger transfers, with bigger sell on potential, but it doesn't change the fact that as conservative (small c!) as the board are, they don't tend to lose money in any area...

Possible money gained is not money lost. It is however potential squandered, in my opinion... On this I, and I believe 99% of the support, massively disagree with the board...

James Mc and Peej like this.
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sometimes yes but we need a fairly large squad as we play around 60 games a season. If we get knocked out in the next round of Europe and Scottish Cup we would still have played 57 games at the end of the season. Also spending £4 to 5m doesn't guarantee you a successful player, look at Ajeti and Barkas. We won't get our money back on them.
    I think loan to buy is the way forward, it worked with Eddy and looks like it will with Jota and CCV. It also worked with Bauer as it meant we weren't lumbered with him after 1 season.

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

When is this big fud back? Been a complete waste of money thus far.

You’d think we’d have learned our lesson and not signed another player who had spent all summer doing * all training after the Ajeti saga.

4. Sgt Neppers*

Total waste of money so far. Scouting has been off on this one. By end if January, it'll have been 6 months since he signed. Fans are more than right to question this signing.

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. The67Sound

Need this big * back asap, could've brought hm on tonight and told Juranovic to put it on his head

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    The two times Kyogo had spells out injured he's been injured as well. The time he did play we were playing Kyogo on the right wing which kind of * him up as Kyogo was * in those games.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Should never have signed the useless *.

8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    We should have patched this * and held onto Bayo.

9. john2061

This guy makes Marvin commper a regular in the Celtic team and the new invisible Man of the Celtic squad .
    If the guy isn't fit for the start of the league games in 4 weeks I would punt in the summer .

James Mc and martin_d like this.
  10. Maestro 08

Exactly the type of game we needed him for and as is all to common we've signed a striker that seems to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. A constantly injured player is of even less use to us than a * player. I don't know this guy's injury record but alarm bells ring when he's been in the door less than 6months and has spent about 5 of those unavailable. Club? Player? Seems to happen a lot to our players.

The Phoenix likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He was a useless * too.

Callum McGregor and martin_d like this.
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

What's Carlton Cole up to these days?

martin_d likes this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Or Colin kazim Richard s celik legend

14. Al Bootyerbaws

Where's Bayo now? Driving a taxi somewhere probably.

15. jj81

I understand people's thoughts in him and I too am not convinced but there's part of me that thinks he needs a fair shot and a few games under his belt , that pen and sitter won't do his confidence good but I'm not not writing him until we've seen more of him.

NomDePlum and Taz like this.
  16. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Shame he's no driving an ambulance or he could still be vital member of our matchday squad.

17. limezer

At the moment this guys a big let down Barkas mrk 2. Offered nothing so far. The St Mirren game is were a guy like him should be contributing to help get 3 point. Yes he may have injury problems but * me he’s a brand new signing and picking up a decent wage.

18. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    George has to find a way when fit, to get people to not percieve he is a Waste of Space and money, when he ultimately gets back.
    It may take a while but perceptions may change, by him getting back very soon and not in another two months, playing well when given opportunities, and not squandering opportunities like missed penalties and often skying or spraying shots on goal.

19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For sure, it is going to take a while.
    But how long can we afford to wait-we need strikers right now to deliver.
    Sure he may come good but the signs are not positive. Is he a bit like Griff-always breaking down injured because never fully fit in the first place?? That penalty miss and his body language during that whole game.
    Looks like we are stuck with him till season end, as no * will touch him given his recent injuries.

20. Big Marn

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ange Fenian Song
    I am actually one who believes he has tremendous upside BUT, it may not come with a spell at the Hoops. I hope he comes back, first match back in 2022 or try and trade him out along with Ajeti, Forrest (wrong side of 30, injury prone from now on), Boli, Barkas and Soro (what on earth did people see in Ismaili, fans can be easily pleased, dear oh dear).