1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic 1 - 0 Hearts

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 28, 2021.

Discuss Celtic 1 - 0 Hearts in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I actually don’t watch any content with Boyd at all to be honest. TV goes off whenever the actual football isn’t being played. It would be the same if he was one of ours.

He’s just a joke and actually a bit of a crybaby. The amount of times he nearly starts crying is sad. With all the focus on mental health these days I find it difficult to watch sometimes although other times when I forget about that it is funny.

He’s being used as a tool by a couple of Huns running Sky Scotland at the moment to wind up Celtic fans and once there is a management shake up at Sky he’ll be dumped because he doesn’t know how to be a proper pundit.

He’s also clearly becoming increasingly disliked in those circles. Sutton has made the careers of Craigan and Darryl and helped McCoist get back to form. Boyd on the other hand embarrasses the rest of the panel and will be spoken of as a joke, an overactor, a dimwit and a crybaby that can’t take it despite being a former pro footballer.

greengrocer and Peej like this.
  2. Foley1888

This uproar about a possibly marginal offside. What about the one where Starfelt was flagged when he was 2 yards onside. He made a bit of a mess of it but that was a shocker.

Also how many times did that Haring or Devlin grab, pull someone back or trip them cynically to stop a break, particularly Rogic.

The only decision Hearts could really begrudge was stopping the game when Jota pulled up but they were still only in the middle of our half. The Rambling from them around the Mackay Steven one where he fell over his own feet was a joke.

On our performance we need to be more clinical some of our play first half was good until the final ball or finish. Forrest had a poor game missed two absolute sitters, Jota wasn’t at his best before pulling up.

Rogic and Turnbull both done good things and glad to have Rogic back but we need more goals and assists from their play. Starfelt was brilliant probably his best game for us so far.

We are due to take goals off a team soon as missing the amount of chances we are will click again eventually.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  3. JamesM09

I thought we played quite well last night considering the circumstances and it was another massive 3 points.

I said before we won’t win the league in December but we could potentially lose it. The last 2 games have been huge challenges that we’ve passed but I think with injuries it’s only getting harder.

There was debates on here about whether Ange was right to make his subs and lose the Leverkusen game. With 3 hamstring in one night, including Jota, I assume everyone now understands why he did that. The Betis game being a nothing game is also a huge bonus.

We still look suspect as * at set pieces but without a settled defence that’s going to continue to be tough.

Peej likes this.
  4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Quite a few of his corners were good deliveries, we just don't have the height to take advantage of it. Turnbull's work rate was outstanding last night. Better than people give him credit for

Sydneysider likes this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye for me it was actually a good game of football and very entertaining.
    I don't think we was overly troubled either.
    Second half we saw them come on to a game, but other than a set piece from them, I was honestly never worried.

Think their biggest highlight was a weak shot Hart saved and the Mackay Steven "penalty" claim.

Says it all about them.

Whereas we had a host of chances to totally bury them. Annoyed we didn't take them, but the game was comfortably ours and the style of football was brilliant to watch.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

They are trying to make as much noise about it so the referees start calling more onside goals off, blatant dives and non fouls all in a bid to get a sevco cushion because they can see whats coming. Even when we grind out a result, we actually played well. Created many opportunities where as sevco just scrape by with zero opportunities made and a dodgy penalty. They know whats coming. The leagues coming back home to the real champions. Celtic.

Peej, AussieGreek and craigtheceltic like this.
  7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree. Regarding the Jota thing he stopped play after a fair challenge on a Hearts player in first half when we were in possession about to go on the attack.

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Its why I would have been happy to stick a second string side out against Bayern. We had already guaranteed Conference next round and the league was important. I hope we throw the Betis game next week to be honest.

Dip 'n' Swerve and JamesM09 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Berry who's team had just lost still ripped him to shreds there saying you can't tell and that he had blue glasses on..

He probably thought Berry being a diehard diet and on captain would be right on board with him but he was left with egg on his face..

Seeing people say Sportscene showed it was onside, anyone confirm? It's definitely really tight..

Heb Celt likes this.
  10. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That was a * rollercoaster! Good and bad there but main take away is the 3 points and praying the injuries aren’t too bad. Our lack of depth has a big * off light shone on it now. Also, Andy Walker is a shocking commentator. Was already adamant GMS was fouled before even seeing the replay, *.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He decided from the first whistle that no diets were getting carded and he was gonna try and leave the cards away. Barrie McKay should've been carded/arguable red for how late and high he was inside a few minute's..

Yet none of them bar their manager was booked. Lol..

Constant pull backs by Haring and wee fly one's trying to bring us down when we broke..

NomDePlum and Luis1967 like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. JamesM09

So after all that it’s blatantly onside? :56:

14. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    The media outlets all running with it being a controversial goal. Really wish Forrest had been a bit sharper. We should have * them last night.

TheHappyLoss and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

Have we heard such a pantomime from these * like this recently? No.
    But every single game we see one club get the benefit of everything. Yet no pantomime from them.

Totally trying to make as much noise as possible to play the "evens itself out" *.

JamesM09, Easter Rd Davie and honda like this.
  16. Foley1888

That’s where it’s becoming an even bigger issue than it already was. After the Aberdeen Beaton penalty everyone knew it was a shambles but it was pretty much laughed off as well that’s John Beaton in charge of a Rangers game. After that New year game a few years back where he failed to send Morelos off on 3 occasions he should have never been referring top flight football involving them or us again but instead he just carries on.

He’s not the only one but you can guarantee he will give them a game changing decision every time he’s involved.

Sydneysider and Peej like this.
  17. dmac

Regarding Madden and his cohorts everyone can see what they are doing when it comes to the foul count against Celtic they blow for just about every tackle a Celtic player makes and pretends to be playing advantage when the opposition are tackling Celtic players and are all defending especially around the box where a free kick would possibly give Celtic an advantage

18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just saw some of the many "unbiased" views re our goal last night in today's SMSM and to say they are angry would be an understatement. Funny enough, I can't recall their views being so vocal re our clearly onside disallowed goal at Tynecastle, or the huns offside goal against Motherwell (and all their other dodgy decisions). I wonder why

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    This was vintage boaby madhun, totally ignoring blatant yellow card fouls against Celtic players, he dosen't even bother trying to hide it anymore.

The guy should never be refereeing any of our games.

Peej likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Him, Dallas, Ross, madden and Walsh should never be doing ours or their games. Ever.
    Every one of them is a Hun, from former season ticket holders, family members on supporter buses, drinking in their pubs and lodges etc. They are * at it.

The rest of Scottish football I can agree are just * *. But that list above is * and biased to *.

The Prof likes this.