1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That fight was one of the best heavyweight fights I’ve seen in my lifetime. Loved it. Fury’s story is one of the best in boxing.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Mikey Garcia beaten overnight by an ‘unknown’ Spaniard.

Wow :52:

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Some performance from Canelo. Actually thought Plant won first few rounds, but Canelo just turned it on big time and the class showed with the finish.

4. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Bit late to this, but the power Canelo has is absolutely incredible. No doubt in my mind he would be a hurtful puncher at light heavyweight as well.

Proper power. Doesn’t need to wind up an throw a Hail Mary - just solid boxing fundamentals, with each punch having the ability to turn someone’s lights off.

5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wasn’t sure where to post this but watched Decca Heggies & Danny Christie’s bare knuckle fight and safe to say it was a Naughty affair big weight difference right enough , but hats off tae both.

cfcturbo likes this.
  6. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Just watched that today myself. Was proper decent. I dont like that Dougie Joyce the fair play man. Dont ever watch his fight against Douglas Doherty..(Paddy Doherty's boy). It would bored the absolute * out of anyone.

Heggie v Christy was good. But best bare knuckle fight on youtube by far is Smith v Mason. Search that wan mate. 20 minutes that no normal man could endure. What a fight. Seriously. Watch that one

7. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I dont think it'll happen cause GGG is getting on a bit. But I'd love to see a third fight between those two. Cant see Canelo moving back down in weight for it to happen though and like I said GGG is nearing retirement surely.

The reason Canelo can survive at light-heavyweight is because of his ridiculous punching power. But he's running out of fights cause the man fights regular aswell.....3 or 4 times a year. none of this 2 year inactivity *. He's running out of people to beat in and around his weight class. And its worth noting that his only defeat was against Floyd Mayweather who just schooled him for the 12 rounds. But he was young and inexperienced then.

8. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Christie is a good laugh .his patter is funny as * .can scrap like * tae.his old videos got taken down which is a shame .the guy paul venis that went down to the meet with him would wipe out the whole room.proper hard bstrd.check out his fights on youtube

MickeyyMack likes this.
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Will check them out Guys , cheers :50:

10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

* incredible from Kambosos, probably the best fight and performance I’ve ever seen.

Absolutely delighted for him.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

See there was some boxing/mma hybrid last night. Which seemed more like boxing(with a bit of grappling) in a triangle ring and MMA gloves. Pulev KO'd Mir.

Rather pointless

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Mir is genuinely lucky Pulev stood off him, because he was completely out on his feet early on. I mean an absolute walking punchbag who could’ve been seriously hurt.

I have no idea what possessed him to think taking on a boxer while wearing MMA gloves was a good idea, but Triller really need to be held accountable for these freak show fights, wether it’s a geriatric Holyfield or a completely outmatched Mir. Only a matter of time before someone gets badly, badly hurt.

Slaw likes this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc

1:45 onwards here.

If Pulev had bad intentions he could’ve genuinely done long term damage there. No idea what the referee was playing at either. Assume they’ve roped in an MMA ref for this, looked like he had no idea how to protect the fighter there.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The money they’re offering the older MMA lads makes it impossible for them to turn down.

It clearly needs refined though, every single aspect of it from the match ups to the ring to the gloves to the referee and everything in between.

Putting a black belt jiu jitsu guy in any environment with no take downs against a world class heavyweight boxer wearing next to nothing on their mitts proves nothing to anyone - it’s not even entertaining.

Slaw likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The more you watch it, the worse it gets. Feels like it was very close to Mir getting seriously hurt.

Should never have happened. I imagine it will until someone is badly hurt.

16. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Right, so Lopez loses his 135 belts to Kambosos, makes all sorts of excuses and now wants to move up to 140 and go after Taylor!? Gies peace.
    Lopez was as successful because he was much bigger than the other natural 135s - he wont have that same size advantage fighting at his natural weight.

Will need to beat Ramirez or probably even Prograis for Taylor to take him seriously. Honestly think Taylor walks through Teofimo.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

That’s Dan Mirogliotta. Ufc referee. Disgraceful he took so long to stop it.

King of Kings likes this.
  18. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Arthur vs Yarde 2 tonight. Hoping for an Arthur KO, can't go that Yarde and Tunde at all.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Tunde is one of the scrawniest wee bawbags in boxing..

Yarde isn't as bad but was a complete and utter sore loser last time..

Hope Arthur does him as well 100%....but can see Yarde getting the stoppage unfortunately..

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

I'm no sure mate, the arrogance of they two * is off the charts. The * coming from them up to and even after Kovalev sparkled him was incredible.
    By sounds of it, they think Yarde has to throw more and that's it, it's a foregone conclusion ... hope Arthur with 2 hands this time leathers him.

McChiellini.. likes this.