1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That could be true if his tactics actually worked. Being condescending is closer to what you are doing. Being obviously wrong whilst lecturing others.

Why don't you fair dinkum * off mate and come back when you have an actual point?

rudebhoy67 and Sean Daleer like this.
  2. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :57:

3. FairDinkumMate

* off yourself *. You think it’s the first manager to make three changes at once defending a lead? Better coaches have done it with varying results. Jota and Kyogo were running on fumes from all the work they had done. Forrest has barely played any football and Bitten got injured.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I think they HAVE to back him.

I truly believe that AGM had a few of them grimacing afterwards.

The fact that they know their stock with fans is at an all time low, as well as with more than few important shareholders, coupled with the knowledge that unless Sevco are stopped, they will have been responsible for a direct collapse and reversal of the pecking order on Scotland, means they are (or * should be) aware that they've no choice.

Ange has spoken THREE times now about how he's confident of bringing in QUALITY in January.
    That's something I've NEVER heard a Celtic manager say, so either Ange is utterly delusional, or the board have buckled, and deals are already being signed off.

That being said, I still think the board won't be pulling out all the stops.

Ange will get his priority signings.

But no bonuses. We won't be seeing FB's, CB's or GK's in this window.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Unfortunately I think if we want and full backs we need players out first…7 mil on the bench/reserves in boli and Taylor which won’t be recouped. GK isn’t a worry for me, sell barkas and keep Bain as back up with oluwayemi or either doohan/hazard as third choice isn’t desperate. Happy with our team up top and if we can add maeda then we’re sorted.
    January musts have to be getting Jota and carter vickers on a permanent whilst they’re both enjoying their football here

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Didn't actually read my response did you?

The big Viduka likes this.
  7. Foley1888

Ange certainly is making big noises about the January window it will be interesting to see if the clowns running the show actually back him and allow him to go after who he wants rather than sign a has been on a four year deal and players from Desmond’s other team who can’t get a look in.

I know we signed 12 in the summer but between January and the summer we lost 17 of which 8 of them were fairly regular first team players, certainly in the match day squad.

Scrimping about last minute for more loans or 4th choice signings won’t cut it, business needs done early to allow the team to gel before the fixtures at the end of the month. On loans we have already got two who are key players, I wouldn’t want anymore as it puts serious pressure on the summer if those players decide against permanent deals.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Wee Baldy likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Mr. Slippyfist

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Damien (The Omen) “I’m the scariest kid ever”

Young Ange “hold my Kia Ora”

11. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    ten minutes away from beating leverkusen in germany a year after lennon had us pumped aff the sparta youth. big ange will do for me. despite the results that is the most competitive celtic side i have seen in europe for a long time. we have work to do obviously however if we continue to progress at this pace then next year we could see something really special

12. Heb Celt

It’s going to take at least another 2 transfer windows to get that quality in depth in the squad we need.We’ll be competing with the big teams soon enough.We never showed any fear in Germany on Thursday night and it’s been a few years since I’ve seen that confidence from a Celtic team.Just need a bit more patience.

charlietully and Solidsnake like this.
  13. Mr Cleansheets

Football is so much about momentum and you can feel it building.

What I would love to see is the current squad starting to get anxious about their spots given who might come in in January... leading to some very impressive performances in an effort to stay in the squad.

Then four first teamers in January to take the whole thing to another level and no domestic points dropped for the rest of the season.

Oh, and we win the Conference also.

saltire78 and Rogicisgod like this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Gonna have to manage the squad for this next month as it's gonna be hectic..

I hope he plays a second string against Betis as we'll need player's getting a breather..

Rogic, Starfelt, Jullien all nearing a return will help shuffling the pack. Hopefully Giakoumakis does us a turn in December as well..

LloydsGamble likes this.
  18. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Just in and still absolutely freezing. Another game where Ange can point to the need for new bodies. We all shat it when Joe Hart went down injured and that should add some weight to our need for a decent 2nd keeper. Abada is going through a very bad spell at the moment and needs a wee break from 1st team duties. Hopefully Ange will get the players in he obviously now knows we need

NomDePlum and charlietully like this.
  19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I dont think it does add weight , unless Ange also shat it when Hart went down. I have a feeling that Ange is happy enough with Bain as a no. 2.

Liam Scales likes this.
  20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I just hope you are wrong Zander and, hopefully, Ange sees what we all see in Bain. Honestly, if I had a pound for everyone around me who said aww ffs when Hart got injured and then seen Bain about to get stripped then I'd be minted.