1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The subs cost us the game. Either Ange decided this weekend was more important or he messed up.

Either way the biggest cause of the loss was the manager. Even Ange has more to learn.

martin_d likes this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    By all means make subs but I think the timing of them and taking off our two best players at the same time was wrong.

But anyway. We move.

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. KevMan

I’m fairly certain the general consensus before the game was - to hope for a better performance than the home game against Leverkusen and no injuries.

Apart from potentially Bitton going off, that’s exactly what we got.

Yes bitter pill to swallow after leading for most of the second half… but promising signs are there. I believe he made those subs with the weekends game and upcoming hectic schedule in mind. Unfortunately our squad is still just a little bare.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Yeah I think the same, regarding the subs. Not blaming him at all for making them, I’d have done the same if I were a manager. We should be able to expect more from the guys that come on though. To a man, they were poor.

Sydneysider, martin_d and KevMan like this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t blame Ange for making the subs. We simply need better players available. Too many who were brought in are either not ready for this level, or never will be. Every one of them was a big step down on the guys they replaced.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  7. Dubliner1

No blame on the manager for this result tonight. Team played very well against a top team for Europa standards. It's players switching off, not on their toes, etc within the box that cost us tonight. We deserved a point from that game tonight

Sydneysider likes this.
  8. davidhannah

Mccarthy let him down when he came on, forced substition.

Ajeti, didn't even make an attempt to close the balls down. The pressure was piled on. You could see their midfield had more time on the ball. We sank back as a result. They forced an error.

Jota should have stayed on the park. Nothing to say he couldn't do the full 90. Taking off, probably buzzing from adrenaline from being the goal scorer.

Kyogo might have been nackered but he was closing down everything. Ajeti came on and didn't even attempt to press and alleviate pressure.

We are cagey at the back under his system. So many slack passes, particularly from Juranovic tonight. It wasn't 100 per cent his fault we lost the game he set us up to compete and we took it to them.

10 goals scored in Europe 13 conceded. We might as well have hoisted the white flag with Ajeti. Hindsight, he could have picked Abada, or Johnson to play kyogo's role.

It was exciting at least. I'm enjoying watching Celtic. We can do better. How far we've come we need to look at that way and demand success.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The subs had to happen and although the quality up top took a stark and tangible drop, the biggest loss in the context of the game was Bitton and there was * all he could do about that.

JC Anton and Doogs. like this.
  10. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    League is always gonna be the priority and with our lack of squad depth he's got every right to make the subs he makes. Massive slog of games coming up in December.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Thought at times we played really well against a very good team, really need to get the defence sorted, still canny defend set pieces.

Even when we were winning 2-1 i still expected us to get beat, we defo need more quality in the door to give us strength and depth.

12. leeso-ardoyne

If this man gets backed and we keep jota and his other signings, gets more of his own players in and tightens up that defense, we are definitely going to have some amazing moment's in the coming seasons! Even though I was gutted after this game I do put it into perspective!

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  13. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    He should have been more defensive in the last ten minutes.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit contradictory tonight saying we played our part..

That's the one thing he keeps saying we're no here to do, is play our part..

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Attacking philosiphy is great and can be exciting to watch, but we need to secure and lock the back door, or it will continue to cost us, both in Europe and domestically.

bigmac7288 likes this.
  16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There’s not a decent manager in world football who will play one way and one way only unless you’re guardiola managing prime Barcelona. When you’re 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go players like soro should have been on and we should be adjusting to a more defensive shape, persisting with the same formation with pish subs was lunacy.

17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This statement feels demonstrably false after tonight. There is at least one surely :39:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

So he’s not a decent manager?

We should have signed Guardiola. Why did we not do this? Dereliction of duty when you think about it.

* sake.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Lunacy would have been putting on Soro when you’re trying to keep possession of a fitbaw in Europe…

AussieGreek, The_Bhoy and Sean Daleer like this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Prof, losing away from home in Europe is not a new concept. Pragmatic or attacking it means * all. We should have won tonight and it hurts (for the superheroes) but come on to *, we went toe to toe with a top Bundesliga side in their own backyard. I would take that every day and twice on Sunday.