1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 21, 2021.

Discuss Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Florian Wirtz was incredibly impressive tonight. Couldn’t believe he’s only 18. Future superstar.

2. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Lets concentrate on domestic football at the moment, we have reached a final which is not bad going considering the fukin mess we had been in last season.
    Ange has been here only for 5 months and some of us want to win the treble and trophy in Europe.

Well sorry folks it will not happen, there isno chance we can win a European trophy

bigmac7288 and Dublin Celt like this.
  3. john2061

Think alot of the support tonight are disappointed as we had only eight minutes to go and leading 2-1 and only needed a draw and think if we had a few quality midfielders on the bench tonight we could have got a result .

4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fair play mate, but our travelling support will be partying and enjoying the night regardless :50:

If there's a right way to lose, we lost in the right way tonight, we took it to Leverkusen.

Some mistakes but that was a brave performance with daft errors.

They * Aussies warned us about it. :56:

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    No complaining mate, fair enough get being 2-1 up with 10 to go is so near yet so far, maybe with the dross i saw last season and even earlier game at home v them, I’d set my expectations pretty low for tonight , I was just hoping to stay competive and not get another spanking like last time
    Big Julien and big Tam due back soon and wee jamesy getting a run off games should improve things even more

6. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Pish poor last 10 minutes.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The mess we were in 4 months ago had we went to Leverkusen and won 2-1 tonight I’d be more worried about Man U or psg coming in for Ange ( joking by the way) i n some ways suppose fans actually being * off with losing 3-2 it’s testament to how much we are improving and have improved over last 4 month s

definitely agree had we gotten a draw tonight Betis at a full Celtic park would have been there for the taking, unlucky though

fans will still have a great time, can mind being in Paris 4 years ago this month 1-0 up after 2 minutes and lost 7-1 ( now that’s throwing away a lead) but still had a great time and that weekend we beat Motherwell 2-0 to win the league cup

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I only noticed him this season in a highlight show and then watched a couple of their game's after.....

He is sensational..

9. john2061

Maybe let Ang bring in some of his backroom team who knows about defending as whoever does it at the moment needs his P45 as the defending last season and this season been awful .

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The lack of depth/quality on the bench cost us there tonight. Hopefully the guys with the biscuit tin pay notice.

11. bigmac7288

i replied to me saying I hope we willnt bottle it in the league (what’s wrong with that)

then got a reply to well

You replied to my post of me saying we have bottled it tonight and hope we don’t do it in the league.

you then replied we willnt because the teams are *.

then I stated that we have lost so many points to teams that you call *??

Don’t you think Celtic should be beating the * Scottish teams you mentioned in your previous post

12. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Am sick of heroic defeats. Want more heroic results.

I also want to see some neck- vein pumping encouragement and urging between players in the last 15 minutes of a game. We seem to let the game get away from us when playing Euro teams in those last minutes.

King of Kings likes this.
  13. celtic20

Yup outside of Hart there wasn't enough personality on that pitch in the final 15 minutes. Struggled to see the leaders. Just looked like we were hoping Leverkusen wouldn't pull something out the hat instead of ensuring they wouldn't.

14. jj81

Tbh beforehand I would have been happy to leave with a narrow defeat and not a pumping, then we play like that in parts and take the lead and then lose it does like a hammering , weird man but improvements being made , just need the backing tightened up as usual.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  15. limezer

Defnsively he was good, but too many times he gets the ball in a good position stalls and we lose momentum.

16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Over a league season mate, even the Lisbon lions dropped points to lower half teams, Man City lost at home to Crystal Palace, Chelsea drew at home to Burnley last week, Bayern Munich lost last weekend to Augsburg, yes we definitely should be beating these team s but dropping points against them along the road is usually just par for the course in any league

17. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I hope we don’t bottle it either. But I have confidence we won’t. Of course we should be beating other Scottish teams. Look at the gulf in spending. But it’s no as simple as just turning up FFS! Otherwise we’d have won 20 in a row. Lennon showed last year what * management does. Despite the far better finances, the team still need coached and managed.
    Ange has shown he seems to know what he’s doing.
    It’d be unfair to judge him on his first few competitive games, regardless of the opponent, which was a difficult fixture list imo. That’s where most of the points dropped have been from.
    Since October we’ve won 8 and drawn 1. That’s an indication that he is managing the team. Very difficult to do that from day one.
    As for the rest of the teams are *. I meant that they won’t be as prolific as Leverkusen have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmac7288 likes this.
  18. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Agree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can’t disagree with none of that. It’s only about 5 minutes ago ange was brought in at the last gasp to pick lennys pieces up tbh. Not what we want as far as a result, but we have come a long way in such a short time.

20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    So gutted after that. I thought that was going to be a turning point for us in Europe, turned out to be the usual pish. Heartbroken.

George Theodorou likes this.