1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Nov 21, 2021.

Discuss Bayer Leverkusen 3 - 2 Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly!! The chances that fell to Mickey And Ajeti when Bayer were chasing we could have scored another had Jota and Kyogo stayed on.

George Theodorou likes this.
  2. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Abada is pish, I just see a guy who can't actually take a man on and beat. He's a run in behind player and extremely limited in football ability and decision making. McCarthy is another who looks too slow and I know he's hardly had a chance but he looks way off what we need in midfield.

3. apevrak

Getting knocked out of the EL with a game still to play is very disappointing. We play some good football at times, but overall its far from good enough. EL football after Christmas should be a given.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye we lost our fluency and momentum but Bitton was a massive loss.

Scotia likes this.
  5. aliceinsound

Although I'm happy with conference league this season it would have done wonders for confidence if we got something out that game

6. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Bit of a riddy conceding the most goals in the whole competition..

Cena, oh bhoy and Artorias like this.
  7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That was a sore one. Thought we were going to have another memorable European night until big Bitton, Forrest and Jota went off to be replaced by Johnson, McCarthy and Abada. Abada looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights, Johnson flatters to deceive and McCarthy was a good player once. We are short on quality and definitely need some bodies brought in come January

packybhoy likes this.
  8. Hydrobhoy

its hard wired into us as kids that when you are subbed u were either pish or injured these players are just the same and they will be raging inside, but getting subbed for the same reasons over and over will just drive them away from CP

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on. I’ve defended Johnston and Abada. I think Johnston will come good if (big if) he stays fit, Abada looks sketchier by the game but he’s young. As of right now though, the 3 were absolutely levels below the 3 they replaced.

10. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye that was the start of the end when he went off

packybhoy likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Sadly you have a point, not blowing smoke up his * but I get the feeling much of his issues come from picking up slack from the other midfielders not cutting it, when your busy trying to cover someone else's position you leave yourself doing half a job in both accounts. Although like you've said he's definitely is hot and cold at times.

Artorias and Jeannie960 like this.
  12. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    That was a let down thought we might have held out

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

13. bigmac7288

i am talking about in the league that’s not being harsh

14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Slavering * at times man.

That was a great performance and we looked great at times.

15. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

We are our own worst enemy at times, did all the hard work but then shoot ourselves in the foot with yet again poor defending. Second goal, Ralston poor clearance, goes out wide left. I think it was McCarthy shouting and pointing to Ralston to get wide, he doesnt, ball goes wide then straight back in, goal but nobody moving out to close down. Third goal didnt surprise me how it happend, Abada giving it away in midfield, I dont know how many times we got away with losing it in the middle like that, but this time we got punished.
    The telling point where we could have won it is when Ajeti and Johnson came on. Ajeti did brilliant to play Johnson in but Johnson as usual dithers trying to take players on rather than play it in quickly or get a shot away. That goes in its 3-1. But considering are are still rebuilding and need to add to the Squad, to get that close to beating a German team at home gives us a lot to look forward to.

Great moments in the game though, Harts double save and 2 other saves, the penalty and Jotas finish for his goal. I really didnt expect us to take anything from the game but feel disappointed as the performance overall probably should have got us a least a point. Still in Europe after Xmas but probably could do without this conference league and concentrate on the League.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Our defence has been our Achilles heel for a few seasons now and it urgently needs addressed or we are going to continue to ship out goals

Big els likes this.
  17. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Calmac? Put the crack pipe down!

Tim-Time 1888 and carraigbhoy like this.
  18. murphy88

If that’s the case, then don’t play them at all. Don’t get into a great position in the game and take them off at a crucial stage. Jota coming off I’m not overly bothered about because Johnston is an able replacement. Ajeti just doesn’t press as much as Kyogo. Bitton was a huge loss as well, but that was obviously enforced on Ange, which couldn’t be avoided.

19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I said at half time Jeannie, we are 3 players away from being really really good....I stand by that.

I also state being a pessimistic *, we are winning this league no problem.

Jeannie960 and cas79 like this.
  20. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Mate, we chucked away a 2 goal lead in 5 minutes, surrendering an opportunity to get in to the knockouts of the Europa League.

No one is saying we disgraced ourselves.

No one is saying Leverkusen aren’t a top side.

No one is saying we were going to win the tournament.

No one is saying we aren’t making progress.

Let people have their five minutes on a fans football forum. Everycunt is gutted for * sake.

celtic20 likes this.
  21. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sore one to take given the manner we conceded. But given the circumstances of where we were months ago I'd say we had a good go at the Europa this season. Leverkusen showed us the kind of quality we need to be very competitive at this level.

Would be nice to sign off with a win against Betis though. Onwards and upwards :shamrock:

22. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Nope sorry I'm not always convinced. I think that he's affected by being captain and as someone says he's always trying to cover the ground for others. I don't think that he's been the same player for quite a while.