1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kyle Rittenhouse Cleared of killings in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, Nov 19, 2021.

Discuss Kyle Rittenhouse Cleared of killings in Wisconsin in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I've no got a dog in the fight mate. I'm just thankfully I don't live in America.

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you of making it about race, it was in relation to how the US MSM handled it.

And I think its still illegal to carry a knife in the country unless you can prove its for work. You can't carry it for self defence obviously.

2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Cool bud, all good with the race thing:50:

BigManSmalls likes this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Think the two dead guys were bigger victims to be fair, regardless of background.

He put himself in a position that was totally avoidable to play hero at the end of the day. Would either of the dead guys have killed anyone ? Who knows. Were they decent, law abiding citizens ? Of course not. The one that was a paedo deserves everything he got, but as pointed out, that boy never knew he was a paedo while he shooting him so that doesn't factor into it.

Nobody should be arming themselves with a deadly weapon and travelling miles under the pretence of 'protecting businesses'. It could have ended very badly for him as well. Just sheer stupidity with severe consequences.

End of the day though, he was found innocent of the charges brought against him by a group of people who seen all the evidence. So in the eyes of the law, he didn't do anything wrong. Which in itself is the biggest worry of this whole debacle.

4. Forza 67

I think lot's of people are making this a political issue, looking at the facts and evidence, I think the verdict was the right one.

Chieftain and Artorias like this.
  5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They should not have attacked him, they got what they deserved. They put themselves in the position that was totally avoidable by going to riot and they then put themselves in an even worse position by attacking a guy with an assault rifle.

End of the day the right decision was made by the jury, it would have been worrying if they had wrongly convicted him.

The prosecution knew there wasn't a case there and it basically hinged on trying to emotionally manipulate the jury. The lead prosecution lawyer seemed like a total idiot. Their own witness blew their case out the water by just telling it how it played out. Everything was on camera too which further damned their case.

6. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    By this warped logic if two rapists were shot dead by a rape victim the perpetrators would be :bigger victims". It is a laughable, childlike conclusion.

Chieftain likes this.
  7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Of course they shouldn't have been there. Neither should he though, yet you're not willing to put any blame on him at all.

If I see a group of idiots fighting outside and kicking shop windows, I wouldn't run out with flashing a knife trying to be the big man. Would you ? Because common sense tells you it will end badly. He's lucky to be alive and he will suffer because of all this. Just a daft wee boy trying to act the big man because he can carry a gun about with him.

I've not followed the trial. Why did they select him to chase and attack ? There were obviously hundreds of strangers out that night. Did the same people attack anyone else that night ?

8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That is it and they can't/won't see for what it is. I cannot be bothered continuing to repeat the same things.
    I wanted to stop talking about it last night when into it with @packybhoy
    As
    a) I don't want to argue with people on here and
    b) I was getting a bit cheeky and condescending to deliberately annoy him and I dont like the optics of how that might make me look or how it could look like I think what the boy did was great.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did they rape him ? How is he a victim ? He's alive and they're dead. He went to court and came out without being charged. He's got away with murder really. He should be thankful he is able to walk away from it all.

Again, the guys were scumbags. I am not defending them.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They probably chose him as from what most peoples opinion on here, he's a wee * looking boy and thought he'd be an easy target.

There is no point in continuing to say he shouldn't be there when the others were there. Maybe he was wanting to make sure they didn't wreck the place and was sick of the rioting. it was claimed he was there by request to help protect a friends business.

The main thing people seem to think is he went there purely to shoot people, he really could have went to town and killed loads of them if that was intention.

He was running away as well. He was chased down cornered and attacked.

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

You don't seriously believe that do you ?

If it was really his friends business then that makes more sense and would at least give him a real motive for being there. Did he drive straight to his friends business and stay there ?

12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    No, that was a hypothetical situation to help demonstrate how stupid your conclusion was.

He was physically attacked and was being attacked with another guy with a gun. In a massive crowd of rioters I should add.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I didn't say I believe it but it is a plausible reason to be there. Made up or not.

14. john2061

Not caring what the polictics of any the individuals involved but if your in a situation where a guy is coming up to you with a gun pointing at you it's a kill or be killed situation and that is self defense .

15. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So you're making up stuff to suit your argument ?

The first guy, as much of a scumbag as he was, threw a bag of belongings at him after chasing him.

The second guy, supposedly, swung a skateboard at him after finding out he had shot someone ?

The third guy pulled a gun on him, which would obviously make you fire a gun if you had one so completely understandable.

So really 1 out of the 3 were fair game.

Unless you think having a bag thrown at you or a skateboard swung at you is a justifiable excuse for shooting someone of course.

16. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you are that scared of being chased or getting in to a fight, why would you go into that environment ? I can't wrap my head around his actions at all tbh.

Boy has seen too many action films and wanted to be a hero it seems.

17. snails67 Gold Member Gold Member

i don't just get it he crossed state lines to go protect someones shop house ? so he was planing to use the gun but hey cause he shot a pedo and 2 white guys its ok and people saying the rioters shouldn't of been there wasn't it a peaceful protest at first ? so if it was a peaceful protest why did he feel the need to go with a * assault rifle nah he just wanted to shoot people and guys on here defending him well looks like we getting just as bad in this country

18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I haven't made anything up. I may have got bits wrong though.

I am fed up having to point out the obvious and go through the same things. In isolation those situations could be seen as excessive force.
    They (a group of rioters) were attacking him and chasing him, (remember he was running away-that could have been the end of it) he was cornered. One of they guys had been trying to take his gun who had been threatening to kill him. They were fair game.

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Like most young guys he probably bit off more than he could chew and when reality hit he shat it. Doesn't mean he should be attacked.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tbf, you could say the same for the 3 guys shot. Did they deserve to die for chasing a guy that was walking about with an assault rifle probably appearing very intimidating ? Did the second guy deserve to die for swinging a skateboard at a guy who had just shot someone 4 times ? Did the third guy deserve to die for trying to get a gun off a guy that had just shot and killed 2 other people ?

They were all idiots, let's be honest. I certainly wouldn't chase someone carrying that around with them. I wouldn't try to get it off him. I wouldn't have went to a place where hundreds or thousands of people were causing carnage and strolled through them all with a visible weapon.

Biggest worry, for people over there anyway, should be that more people turn up at the first sign of unrest and this episode repeats itself. But they don't care as long as they can carry their guns around.

Artorias likes this.